frostiana

From biometrics to receiving interview date... how long?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have been researching timelines for the N400, and see that after the biometrics appointment, it is typically 2 -4 months for the interview. My question is, after biometrics, when do most people get date for their interview...is it typically soon after they are 'in line' for interview or is it just shortly before the interview? I only ask because I have hopes of attending a wedding back in Canada in January, but I don't dare book a flight before finding out this date. Since my biometrics will be the 2nd week of October, .....just wondering when I might hope to hear of the date for the interview. I know, it's not a big problem. :)

So, how long after your biometrics did you find out the date for your interview?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

my daughter had her biometrics done in May and she had her interview in July, and did her oath taking last Sept 9th.

Parents Timeline

5/9 - application sent thru USPS

5/15 - txt received confirming application received

5/16 -checks encashed and I 797C received.

11/22- Transfer of Notice received. Case transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

12/11- emailed notification regarding RFE (dad & Mom)

12/16- received hard copy of RFE (mom)

12/18 - Mom's RFE doc sent

12/20- dad's RFE letter received

12/21- dad's RFE docs sent

12/21- Mom's RFE docs received and being reviewed.

12/26 - Dad's RFE docs received and being reviewed.

01/06/14 - Approved!!!!...sent to NVC

01/10/14 - NOA2 hardcopy received

NVC

01/06/14 - sent to NVC

01/21/14 - received by NVC

02/23/2014 - case #'s and IIN assigned

3/3/2014 - DS 261 submitted

3/5/2014 - AOS fee paid (showing in process)

3/7/2014 - AOS showing paid / mailed out AOS forms

3/19/2014 - IV fee paid (both parents)

3/20/2014 - IV fee showed paid for Mom

3/22/2014 - DS 260 completed & submitted online for Mom and IV docs mailed out (both parents)

3/23/2014 - IV fee rejected for Dad ( i must have entered a wrong routing #)

3/25/2014 - paid Dad IV fee

3/27/2014 - DS 260 submitted online for Dad

3/27/2014- checklist for AOS (need to resend I86A, not properly filled)

3/27/2014- mailed out new filled out I 864A

preg.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Timeline for each field office is different. Some waits few days some wait several months. Tampa probably falls somewhere in the middle. Keep checking timelines only from the Tampa, FL people.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks guys... but my question is, how long after the fingerprint appointment did you receive the NOA giving you the date for the interview appointment? As soon as I have that date, I can know whether I can book the flight to Canada for the wedding in mid January. I know it varies, but the NOA is not part of people's timelines I don't think. Any other input on that thanks!

And good luck to you all for a speedy last leg of this journey!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread is moved from the US Citizenship main forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Thanks guys... but my question is, how long after the fingerprint appointment did you receive the NOA giving you the date for the interview appointment? As soon as I have that date, I can know whether I can book the flight to Canada for the wedding in mid January. I know it varies, but the NOA is not part of people's timelines I don't think. Any other input on that thanks!

In my case it took about 2 months from my biometrics until interview.

Jan-2016: fingerprinting (Philly)

April: first week interview letter. last week interview and oath. (Newark)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

it really varies. For me, it took 5 months to get interview after the fingerprinting. So be careful and don't assume that you will be done in 2-4 months. Also when the In-line interview letter comes, the interview is usually 4-5 weeks out.

Citizenship (N-400)

Packet Sent: 03/22/2016

Delivery received: 03/24/2016

NOA: 03/29/2016 (Used Form G-1450. No checks Yay!!)

Fingerprinting: 4/22/2016

In-line: 08/11/2016

In-Line letter: 8/13/2016

Interview/Oath: 09/20/2016 (Approved!!)

This information is contained in the timelines collected here. There is no general answer, and it seems that even for specific field offices, the time can vary wildly. For me it took 7 months, but I've seen various people posting here who got their NOA within two from the same office.

• 8 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.