Jump to content

I-131, Application for Travel Document

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My fiancé entered the USA on July 1, 2016 using a K-1 fiancé visa. We married 70 days after entry, and we are preparing Application for Adjustment of Status including I-485, G-325A, I-765, I-94, and I-864 along with all appropriate supporting documentation that should be submitted along with these documents. TWO QUESTIONS regarding I-131 Application for Travel Document -- (1) At this time, no travel outside the USA is planned, but what is an emergency occurs back in the Philippines which would require spouse to travel back there? I-131 asks for specific travel dates, but we are submitting document just in case travel back to Philippines is necessary AND because there is no fee if filed along with I-485. No travel outside USA is planned at this time. How should this be handled? (2) Part 2, Application Type -- 1a? or 1d??? We are filing for AOS as a result of our recent marriage. It appears 1d is the appropriate answer but I am unsure. 1d states -- I am applying for an advance parole document to allow me to return to the US after temporary foreign travel. 1a states -- I am a permanent resident or a conditional resident of the US and I am applying for a reentry permit. WHICH TO USE??????? We are just now submitting packet to obtain adjustment of status.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you checked the example forms? http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples

Just follow the example. You can put any date there and don't need to necessarily travel on that date.

07/09/2018: ROC packet sent with USPS 2-day priority shipping

07/11/2018: ROC packet delivered to the Vermont Service Center

07/16/2018: NOA1 received by mail with 18 months extension (notice date 7/12 and check cashed)

08/07/2018: Biometrics appointment letter received by mail (notice date 7/27)

08/13/2018: Biometrics appointment at east Hartford, ct

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You are not a permanent resident yet. You are just now applying for permanent residency. You are applying for Advance Parole(AP). Follow the example form, it is 1d. > http://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-I-131.pdf

If you have no exact dates, then leave them blank and hand-write 'Unknown' after you print out the form, or use N/A.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ%20-%20Ciudad%20Juarez.pdf

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.