13 posts in this topic

Hello , I'm danny I really need some insight or help. Asap.

Me and my husband marries in July 2016

We are in the middle of sending of i30 forms for cr1 visa

I am currently in UK and he in USA

Years ago I got a police caution as I held onto an exes possetions as he would not give mine back , in doing so I was given a caution. I know it was stupid and I should have just given his stuff back. Please tell me this will be over looked?

I am so scared this will effect my visa application

Do I need to put it in the initial filing of the petition?

I am so worried I just keep searching and searching for help,

I'm using rapid visa to help with the initial filing as I'm so scared Ill mess it up

If any help please get back to me

Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the Introducing Our Members forum to the UK regional forum, for country-specific advice.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Hello , I'm danny I really need some insight or help. Asap.

Me and my husband marries in July 2016

We are in the middle of sending of i30 forms for cr1 visa

I am currently in UK and he in USA

Years ago I got a police caution as I held onto an exes possetions as he would not give mine back , in doing so I was given a caution. I know it was stupid and I should have just given his stuff back. Please tell me this will be over looked?

I am so scared this will effect my visa application

Do I need to put it in the initial filing of the petition?

I am so worried I just keep searching and searching for help,

I'm using rapid visa to help with the initial filing as I'm so scared Ill mess it up

If any help please get back to me

Thank you

Type "caution" into the search bar in visa journey and you will see that no one ever really had issues when it was only one caution. There's been people even using the VWP and giving a wrong answer to obtain it and it didn't have any effect on the application. They will ask you about it at the interview (obtain the documents, I think you call it ACRO in the UK), but you will be fine.

You've just made my day i really hope this is the case , thank you so much

I'm positive this will be the case. I've read about so many citations that people got for theft and shoplifting and they didn't have any issues at the interview in London. And I personally think that is worse than what you did. Answer all questions honest and don't try to hide it even if it was "just" a caution and show that you regret it.

Oh and the K1 really isn't that difficult to file yourself. I'd actually be scared that rapidvisa would mess up my application if I wouldn't do it myself but maybe it's just me trying to be in control of everything.

Edited by Californiansunset

Thank you again, I'm doing cr1 visa , I just know I mess everything up lol so I'd like someone to double and triple check everything is perfect to send of. I have written the caution in the application . now is just the part about bona fide docs .as me and my husband never lived together we just stayed together three months at a time but I do have joint ownership on a storage unit with him with all our stuff ready for a new home we will get once I get visa aporved.

Thank you again, I'm doing cr1 visa , I just know I mess everything up lol so I'd like someone to double and triple check everything is perfect to send of. I have written the caution in the application . now is just the part about bona fide docs .as me and my husband never lived together we just stayed together three months at a time but I do have joint ownership on a storage unit with him with all our stuff ready for a new home we will get once I get visa aporved.

Oh sorry I totally didn't read the word spouse!

I've read before (although I don't know whether it is the truth) that they are more strict with any crimes for K1 than they are for a spousal visa so it should effect you even less. But as I said it is such a small thing you did that you won't have to worry about it.

Thank you again , :) ... I've spent most my eve at work photo copying passports n marriage license and everything , as we don't live together YET what other evidence should I put in the pack

Thank you again , :) ... I've spent most my eve at work photo copying passports n marriage license and everything , as we don't live together YET what other evidence should I put in the pack

Primary evidence are boarding passes and stamps in the passport that you've seen each other before and spent time together. Any joint bank accounts leases would be great too but if you haven't lived together or just got married it's not bad if you don't. Secondary evidence is pictures. Really good is if you have pictures with the in-laws and other relatives from each others families. Pictures of the wedding. Don't go overboard with them. Select the best ones. Not so important evidence are chat logs, whatsapp messages, Skype conversations showing that you talk a lot. It is not important to have lovey dovey messages but messages that show that you take part in each other's life and make decisions together. Stuff a married couple would talk about. Don't go overboard with that either. Some are enough

Contents:
-copy of marriage Licdnce and Certificate.

-passport copy -D. J.

-passport copy D. A.

-passport stamps on D. A's. passport of flights to visit D. J.

- flight where we met in February 2016

- flight of three month visit may-july 2016

- email log of continuous contact between the both of us.

-proof the phone where we normally kept in touch with from Feb 20-may 23 rd was stolen on June 22 2016.

-joint storage unit miami Dade county in Mr D. J. and Mr d. A's. name as well as proof of both paying for storage unit containing both persons furntatue.

-original pay stub of check book D. A. sent to D. s. to save for future together out in miami until they could both open joint account.

-orignial Money grame confirmation of $600 dollar saving to D. J.

- three passport photos of Mr D. a.
-passport photos of Mr D. J.

-email threads of continued contact
-sworn notarized affirmation from both parties
-sworn notarized affirmation from mother of Mr A. and close friend of both parties.
-pictures of Mr D. J. and Mr D. a. on wedding day
- pictures of Mr D. and Mr a. on visits.

Edited by Ryan H
Reason for edit: to remove full names.

• 1 month later...

Is this list what you intend to include with your petition?

If so, having been through the process recently (interview next month!!!) here are my comments:

- only one passport photo per person is needed

- copy of the passport of beneficiary not required (unless you are sending copies of passport stamps to show visits or joint travel plans). The biographic page is not required of the beneficiary

- I wouldn't include information about a stolen phone - that's too messy. London is not so difficult to deal with and proof of visits and time spent together is MUCH stronger for CR-1 than phone calls - focus on the time spent together

- re the storage unit. Does it contain furniture that you purchased together? Or have you shipped some of your stuff from the UK over already? If it's stuff you've bought together in Miami, fine. But if it contains stuff that you have shipped over from here I'd leave that out as you are opening a can of worms there. If you're not resident yet you can't import your stuff. Don't give them any reason to find fault.

- money back and forth can be a red flag as it can look like a business deal to get a green card. Sure spouses share finances - I've paid my hubby's phone bill when he's been short and he has helped me with unexpected expenses so we have money flying back and forth between our accounts. That's what married couples do. I didn't send any records of money going back and forth in case it paints the wrong picture. I did send random messages and emails between us where one would say to the other 'if you could put £100 in my account when you get paid I can get that xxx bill paid' or 'got the $50 for the phone bill thanks. Still don't know why I didn't get paid that overtime I did'.

- affidavits from relatives carry almost zero weight - should only be used if the couple is struggling to find other forms of evidence such as couples who cannot spend time together for religious, financial or visa reasons (e.g. beneficiary has been denied a B-2 to visit spouse in USA and spouse cannot afford to travel to beneficiary's country)

Focus on those visits together - one of them was 3 months long. You must have a heap of stuff from that.

Have you made wills with each other as the beneficiary? You're never too young to have a will if you are married.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

We did spend three months together but as phone was stolen all pics where wiped all he has is silly ones off me in a weird outfit in his apartment and our marriage prep course.

The storage only contains a bed we brought and a side table and rocking chairs .

We haven't lived together yet but we are paying storage together.

Very stressful process as I have to work and can't afford to see him often hence why I did use the affidavit of the friends and family who knew about us. like my friend Livy who stayed with us at his while she visited miami and attended the ceremony . we have pics from that too.

I just don't want to get an rfe , or denial . I just hope it all goes smooth and I'm panicking madly , and I can see its also stressing him out too .

Calm down and relax. No need to stress.

You have better evidence than a lot of cases I have seen here (and I mean non-UK ones). I've seen approvals where the couple has spent less than a fortnight in total together and has other red flags.

I wouldn't worry about the photos being lost. Photos are secondary evidence. The passport stamps and travel tickets are worth more than that. And you still have some photos so all is not lost.

A denial of the petition will only happen if:

- the person petitioning is not able to petition you (i.e. he is not a USC or green card holder or he has committed certain crimes and even that can be overcome with a waiver)

- the marriage is not legal

- the marriage was not entered in good faith

It is not for USCIS to decide whether a marriage will last, The field manual is quite specific on this point. They must only look to see if the marriage was in good faith at the time.

99% of petitions are approved.

We all understand how stressful this is. I've been married to my husband for a little over 2 years and we have never been able to spend more than 3 weeks together. We have already been through the spousal visa process for the UK and been denied and I'm getting tired of being apart from him now.

The affidavit from your friend seriously carries no weight. What friend would say anything bad? She has nothing to gain or lose from this except your friendship. We didn't send any and we were approved without an RFE. And we've not had the luxury of 3 months together either - as I said, we've not spent more than 3 weeks together and I have to do all the travelling because my husband has a lifetime ban from the UK. I gave up my house and moved into a rented room - just one room is all I have - to save money to visit more often. I was going to have to sell the house at one point anyway.

You say you did a marriage prep course? We did something similar because at the time pre-marital counselling was a requirement in Washington (it has since been scrapped again). We sent the counsellor's report from this. That's something you might want to consider sending. Ours showed that we had discussed financial matters, children (actually our inability to have them and how we feel about that), how we resolve disagreements, my husband's criminal record and his previous drug abuse, my previous marriage and a lot of other things. It was a really good report that gave a lot of insight into us as a couple.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.