JC&BB

timeframe of the RFE, to get approval/update

162 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

no need to say thanks... We're all here as a support system, because I've not met anyone that's been down this road we're on. A lot doesn't even know what we are dealing with....

So I do have a question for you ladies... My family isn't close at all.... so the only real family I have here in Vegas is my aunt who was raised as my sister (she's older), she doesn't know any of this... I've tired to explain things to her but she just says gross and people only do it to get a green card here... She doesn't like anyone that she doesn't approve for you, and if you don't make money how her husband does than they're nobodies.... I don't know how she's treat him once he gets here :cry:

Bedilu & Jennifer (L)

I would move away start my own lil family you have him ❤️

If she's mean to him

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Timeline

I would move away start my own lil family you have him ❤️

If she's mean to him

I pray she isn't. Because he's done nothing to her. I get why people can have doubts but all people aren't like that at all.

Now I'm going to count business days. Ok 14 business days because of the Holiday. I'm still sad

Any word?

Bedilu & Jennifer (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

but don't they check that before the interview? that's BS like ready, come on they're just playing games

That's not going to happen.

Maybe a denial would be better at least id know to reapply.

Now i wait somepeople wait 6 months plus

Denial is not happening and neither is a 6 month wait. Not happening!!!! Positivity

Timeline

WOW!!!!!! he doesn't even fall into any of those categories, and what's sad is that they do this wrong people! I am praying they get his visa before the end of next week the latest

Me too Anita, it's coming. This week or next week, hold on a little longer.

Timeline

So I do have a question for you ladies... My family isn't close at all.... so the only real family I have here in Vegas is my aunt who was raised as my sister (she's older), she doesn't know any of this... I've tired to explain things to her but she just says gross and people only do it to get a green card here... She doesn't like anyone that she doesn't approve for you, and if you don't make money how her husband does than they're nobodies.... I don't know how she's treat him once he gets here :cry:

Well I was a teen mom and my moms family basically disowned me, eventually they came around and we rekindled everything. She doesn't have to live your life or be married to him, let her have her opinions. And by the way, anyone that concerned about someone else's marriage must be unhappy in their own. Just my thoughts....

Timeline

Me too Anita, it's coming. This week or next week, hold on a little longer.

We. Need to speak life into all of our cases. Be positive and support each other. We've all come this far it will get better.

Bedilu & Jennifer (L)

Timeline

Well I was a teen mom and my moms family basically disowned me, eventually they came around and we rekindled everything. She doesn't have to live your life or be married to him, let her have her opinions. And by the way, anyone that concerned about someone else's marriage must be unhappy in their own. Just my thoughts....

I had my daughter at 22 I'm now 30 and she just turned 8 last month. I love this man and want my family to welcome him. If they can't then I will not stay around them. He loves me, my daughter and even my own "sister" has said nobody would want me because I'm fat. He doesn't care that I'm not a size two he loves me just as I am. Because I'm under 5ft tall I will always look bigger than I am.

Bedilu & Jennifer (L)

That's not going to happen.

Denial is not happening and neither is a 6 month wait. Not happening!!!! Positivity

We have to :cry:

I had my daughter at 22 I'm now 30 and she just turned 8 last month. I love this man and want my family to welcome him. If they can't then I will not stay around them. He loves me, my daughter and even my own "sister" has said nobody would want me because I'm fat. He doesn't care that I'm not a size two he loves me just as I am. Because I'm under 5ft tall I will always look bigger than I am.

You family is mean jen :o

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Timeline

We have to :cry:

You family is mean jen :o

Agreed Jen your family is mean !!! And Anita we won't cry today, we are going to be strong.

On a side note, maybe you need to stand up to your aunt and sister. The next time she calls you fat, I would tell her, it's just more to love, I can lose weight, can you lose that ugly attitude. And for your aunt, I would just rip all into her. In fact, I wouldn't be all that nice, it would be all kinds of curse words in there, followed by a dial tone. Who is perfect anyway??? Dont let those folks worry you???

Timeline

Ok on a positive note, because I needed to take my mind off the negative outcomes, and think positive. I was checking flights through this new program my employer offers BenefitsPlus and realized that flights leaving Dakar, Senegal on Delta to Michigan is basically the same whether you book a day or a month in advance. So needless to say, once that Visa is in hand, he flying out the next day. LOL, I already told him, this is the plan... Visa pick up, hotel overnight, flight the next day. Say all your goodbyes and visit all your family, give notice to his job once approved and that is all. Wishful thinking I know....

Timeline

Alright so I called USCIS and asked how long will it take to process my Response to RFE that was recieved on 8/25, and she said there is no specific timeframe. Then she said that she could send a Status Inquiry to the California Office because technically you are outside of the current timeframe for processing, which is currently 4-5 months. I said, that's ok I will give it another week or so and call back. I don't want to piss off the person handling my file and they give me a denial. Oh Lord.......

Timeline

Agreed Jen your family is mean !!! And Anita we won't cry today, we are going to be strong.

On a side note, maybe you need to stand up to your aunt and sister. The next time she calls you fat, I would tell her, it's just more to love, I can lose weight, can you lose that ugly attitude. And for your aunt, I would just rip all into her. In fact, I wouldn't be all that nice, it would be all kinds of curse words in there, followed by a dial tone. Who is perfect anyway??? Dont let those folks worry you???

aunt and sister is the same person... since we we're raised together and adopted by another family member we became sister... But I have stopped letting her get to me, it's just I wish I could let her know the good news but I will wait until he and I are together before saying anything to her.

Bedilu & Jennifer (L)

Timeline

Ok on a positive note, because I needed to take my mind off the negative outcomes, and think positive. I was checking flights through this new program my employer offers BenefitsPlus and realized that flights leaving Dakar, Senegal on Delta to Michigan is basically the same whether you book a day or a month in advance. So needless to say, once that Visa is in hand, he flying out the next day. LOL, I already told him, this is the plan... Visa pick up, hotel overnight, flight the next day. Say all your goodbyes and visit all your family, give notice to his job once approved and that is all. Wishful thinking I know....

I wish my job had something like that! but I work for United HealthGroup so it's a different department.....but I want to meet him in Seattle and fly to Vegas with him surprise him :-) but I've been checking flights for November and I'm not having luck with flights for myself to line up with his... We might be on different flights :-( but getting there around the same time

Bedilu & Jennifer (L)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.