Thairi

I-751 September 2016 Filers

2,935 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
21 minutes ago, dnp2014 said:

Old/New Design ? 

Looks like the same as the conditinal one.

Service Center - Texas

I -130 sent - October 26, 2013

NOA 1 - November 07, 2013

RFE - May 06, 2014

RFE Hard Copy Received - May 12, 2014 (2 passport size photo for the petitioner)

RFE Sent - May 15, 2014

NOA 2 - May 29, 2014

National Visa Center

NVC Received - 18/06/2014

Fill out DS - 261 Form & submit - 08/07/2014

Pay AOS Fee - 25/07/2014

Send AOS Package - 02/08/2014

NVC Receive AOS Package - 04/08/2014

Receive IV Bill - 28/08/2014

Send IV Package - 28/08/2014

Pay IV Bill - 30/08/2014

Case Complete - October 21, 2014

Interview Date - December 05, 2014 rescheduled from December 29, 2014

Interview Result - Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

So everyone in September 2016 is getting approvals right ?  Or do we have some still with the Information has been recieved. Mine has not changed since last year and I see cards are arriving with no change of status.      Thanks tony 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline
3 hours ago, Tony23 said:

So everyone in September 2016 is getting approvals right ?  Or do we have some still with the Information has been recieved. Mine has not changed since last year and I see cards are arriving with no change of status.      Thanks tony 

Only Vermont people are receiving approvals. Us CSC people are all still waiting.

Filed: Timeline

I was just told at infopass appointment that it was a mistake to apply for naturalization when the 10 year green card is still pending, as it probably will delay my case. I’m little mad that I trusted the info at those forums that told me it will speed up the case. 

As for the American passport and the name change in the home country, I did my research while ago and decided to wait for the American passport. Only those who went through it will know how pain the the ### it is and it’s too mih trouble to try to change it from abroad. I only go home for week or two at the misty and it’s simpky not enough time to complete all the steps to change the name, I would not get my passport in time and not be able to come back to usa unless I stay there for 3-4 weeks, which isn’t the option. I’m from the country that allows double citizenship so of course traveling on American passport wouldn’t be a problem. I will always have two passports anyways. 

On 11/10/2017 at 4:22 PM, CLWA said:

Only Vermont people are receiving approvals. Us CSC people are all still waiting.

This is correct.

I just got my stamp in passport to prolong my green card for a year and they took away my expired plastic green card. The officer said my case is within normal processing time. I applied sept 20th to Csc

Edited by vicky86

On 11/8/2017 at 3:32 AM, dudeinTriBeCa said:

Thank you, l was thinking the same too! l read all reasons the OP stated about their need to get an American passport and there’s no strong evidence at all to support why they need it other than to qualify for federal jobs and/or public assistance. l too don’t see how it will ease the process of a name change in a foreign country, if anything it could complicate matters bcoz the said country can possibly deny the application based on the fact that they have a different nationality (based on presenting an American passport) and thus have no legal standing to petition for a name change in that country especially if it’s one of those places that don’t recognize dual citizenship.

“”different nationality(..) No legal standing to petition for a name change” - that is some wrong info.

Getting American passport has no bearing on my original citizenship and doesn’t automatically make me lose it. Obviously I still have my original passport from home country (and it has to be valid) so I don’t get how you’re seeing problem in anything. There is no problem whatsoever.   

1 hour ago, vicky86 said:

I was just told at infopass appointment that it was a mistake to apply for naturalization when the 10 year green card is still pending, as it probably will delay my case. I’m little mad that I trusted the info at those forums that told me it will speed up the case. 

Applying for naturalization before the 10 year GC approval will not delay your naturalization case. Technically it will "delay" your 10-year GC case, as you will never receive your permanent GC. As it was explained above by Ketsuban, your case will go now to the field office and will be processed primarily for naturalization. However, being pending on your GC will not speed up your naturalization case either. You should be processed for naturalization within normal time limits, about 6 months in general, maybe longer - depends on the field office.

ROC timeline:

I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center

I-751 filing date: 09-13-2016

NOA receipt date: 09-20-2016

Biometrics appointment on 10-21-2016

I-751 approved on 10-13-2017

Approval letter received on 10-20-2017

Case status "New card is being produced" on 11-01-2017

Card mailed (Lees Summit, MO) 11-03-2017

Card received (Atlanta, GA) 11-07-2017

N400 timeline:

Field office - Atlanta, GA

N400 applied on-line on 10-28-2017

Receipt notice date: 10-28-2017

Biometrics appointment issued 11-04-2017

Biometrics appointment date - 11-22-2017

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline
9 minutes ago, TaniaC said:

Applying for naturalization before the 10 year GC approval will not delay your naturalization case. Technically it will "delay" your 10-year GC case, as you will never receive your permanent GC. As it was explained above by Ketsuban, your case will go now to the field office and will be processed primarily for naturalization. However, being pending on your GC will not speed up your naturalization case either. You should be processed for naturalization within normal time limits, about 6 months in general, maybe longer - depends on the field office.

Unfortunately, applying for naturalization before finishing I-751 can delay your case, although I think it is rare. My wife was called to a naturalization interview on Nov 2 (she's an August I-751 filer at CSC, so different forum, but this could be relevant to @vicky86 so I am posting here, too).

Usually, we have read that this triggers a combination I-751/N-400 interview, and everything is taken care of on that one day. Many people have reported success with that. But here in Chicago, the officer told her point blank that the naturalization interview could not happen because the I-751 had not been adjudicated, and that her files would be sent "downstairs" to the I-751 people to be taken care of first. So now we have no idea what the timeline will be, etc.

Chicago seems to make up its own rules in general. They only give 6-month I-551 stamps rather than the 1-year validity period that is supposed to be granted.

1 hour ago, TaniaC said:

Thank you. The infopass officer told me my case will be most likely delayed. I’m hearing conflicting information, but I prefer to believe what you just told me! ;) 

54 minutes ago, AK_2014 said:

Unfortunately, applying for naturalization before finishing I-751 can delay your case, although I think it is rare. My wife was called to a naturalization interview on Nov 2 (she's an August I-751 filer at CSC, so different forum, but this could be relevant to @vicky86 so I am posting here, too).

Usually, we have read that this triggers a combination I-751/N-400 interview, and everything is taken care of on that one day. Many people have reported success with that. But here in Chicago, the officer told her point blank that the naturalization interview could not happen because the I-751 had not been adjudicated, and that her files would be sent "downstairs" to the I-751 people to be taken care of first. So now we have no idea what the timeline will be, etc.

Chicago seems to make up its own rules in general. They only give 6-month I-551 stamps rather than the 1-year validity period that is supposed to be granted.

Thank you. Did your wife sent n-400 application 3 months before the allowed date? Looks like she’s month ahead of me in the i-751 application.  I sent my n-400 two months before allowed date. 

My field office is in Cleveland. I sent my I-751 in September 2016 to CSC and my n-400 in October this year to Chicago. Green card extension letter expires in December this year. Who knows what happens in my case... But having that stamp in the passport is fine right now, I’m worried when I need to apply for a new job next year if they will accept that as my authorization for work. My passport is in maiden name, which only makes it little more difficult. Sure I can show them marriage license but I’m curios how well versed people in HR are with temporary I-551. The stamp does say “work authorization “.

this whole process is very frustrating.. I’m curious what adjustments are they planning to do, as it looks like these days the case in Csc take over a year to process, which means every applicant has to get infopass appointment. In the past, 3 years ago it took on average 4 months to get 10 year green card and the length of this process increases every year. They even have to hire more officers to process cases, or the way things go, in few years people might need two infopass appointments and each with one year extension, just to stay in the status. 

Edited by vicky86

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline
4 hours ago, vicky86 said:

Thank you. Did your wife sent n-400 application 3 months before the allowed date? Looks like she’s month ahead of me in the i-751 application.  I sent my n-400 two months before allowed date. 

We didn't submit the very first day of the 90-day window, but I think it was within the first couple of weeks of that period.

Wishing you a smooth process!!

Hi,

I got the approval letter (approved 10/30), but still waiting for physical card. I remember seeing previous members saying the card would arrive in a priority package with tracking number? Can someone help confirm? Thanks!

The reason I'm asking is, today the USPS informed delivery showed a USCIS letter, and then of course today is the day we did not receive any mail in our mailbox!

In the informed delivery, it appears the letter is from VT service center, and in the recipient address window says:

my full name

C/O my full name again

my address

Dear my full name:

What type of communication could it be from USCIS? Is there any slightly chance that this disappeared mail is actually the green card mail? :( 

The site https://egov.uscis.gov/ is down today, so I can't check status.

Thank you!

Edited by avaya

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, avaya said:

Hi,

I got the approval letter (approved 10/30), but still waiting for physical card. I remember seeing previous members saying the card would arrive in a priority package with tracking number? Can someone help confirm? Thanks!

The reason I'm asking is, today the USPS informed delivery showed a USCIS letter, and then of course today is the day we did not receive any mail in our mailbox!

In the informed delivery, it appears the letter is from VT service center, and in the recipient address window says:

my full name

C/O my full name again

my address

Dear my full name:

What type of communication could it be from USCIS? Is there any slightly chance that this disappeared mail is actually the green card mail? :( 

Thank you!

may be due to the mail man took a day off :D

They were off on Saturday and I heard USPS trying to deliver Saturday’s mail on Monday. So you can expect a day late.

if you don’t see tom check with the post office. I am also waiting for the card in mail

12 hours ago, vicky86 said:

“”different nationality(..) No legal standing to petition for a name change” - that is some wrong info.

Getting American passport has no bearing on my original citizenship and doesn’t automatically make me lose it. Obviously I still have my original passport from home country (and it has to be valid) so I don’t get how you’re seeing problem in anything. There is no problem whatsoever.   

Well that is not some wrong info.

If your country permits dual citizenship then obviously this wouldn’t apply to you. But for those whose country of origin does not permit it, by virtue of acquiring foreign citizenship they lose every rights they would otherwise have had as citizens. That means they could be excluded from things like petitioning for a name change if there was a citizenship requirement depending on the laws of the country. So again no wrong info was given, your just lucky to come from a place that permits dual nationality cos believe me if you were not this woulda been a different story altogether.

I-130 PROCESS

01/17/2014 (Day 0): mailed I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

01/21/2014 (Day 4): I-130 delivered signed by R. Mercado.

01/23/2014 (Day 6): email NOA (case transferred to TSC)

01/27/2014 (Day 10): NOA 1 received (PD 01/21/2014)

05/30/2014 (Day 134): I-30 APPROVED, email NOA 2

06/05/2014 (Day 140): APPROVAL LETTER RECEIVED!!!!

I-485 AOS

06/10/2014 (Day 0): mailed AOS packet to Chicago Lockbox

06/11/2014 (Day 1): I-485 delivered signed by R.Mercado

06/16/2014 (Day 5): received email NOA for all forms (I-485 transferred to NSC; I-131 & I-765 processed at NBC)

06/17/2014 (Day 6): check cashed

06/21/2014 (Day 10): received hard copy NOA1 for all forms

06/23/2014 (Day 12): received biometric appointment letter 

07/11/2014 (Day 30): BIOMETRICS COMPLETED

07/14/2014 (Day 33): requested Expedite processing I-765

07/17/2014 (Day 36): request for evidence for expedite

07/23/2014 (Day 42): faxed in documents to USCIS

07/25/2014 (Day 44): e-notification, EAD/AP APPROVED!! 

07/29/2014 (Day 48): Status change “Testing and Interview"

07/31/2014 (Day 50): online status update "EAD card mailed

08/01/2014 (Day 51): EAD/AP CARD RECEIVED

08/13/2014 (Day 63): status change interview scheduled

08/15/2014 (Day 65): interview mail (9/18/14 @11:15AM)

09/18/2014 (Day 99): INTERVIEW APPROVED ON SPOT

09/22/2014 (Day 103): I-485 approval notice received

09/24/2014 (Day 105): Status change Green card mailed

09/27/2014 (Day 108): 2YRS GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!!

I-751 ROC

09/15/2016 (Day 0): mailed ROC with divorce waiver

09/16/2016 (Day 1): delivered VSC, signed by L. Zuckowski

09/21/2016 (Day 5): check cashed

09/24/2016 (Day 8): received EXTENSION letter in the mail

10/06/2016 (Day 20): biometrics mail received (09/30/16)

10/17/2016 (Day 31): biometrics completed

09/11/2017 (Day 361): I-751 APPROVED

09/15/2017 (Day 365): Approval notice received in the mail

09/26/2017 (Day 376): Status change card in production

09/29/2017 (Day 379): Status change card mailed on 09/28

10/02/2017 (DAY 382): 10YRS GREEN CARD DELIVERED

16 hours ago, avaya said:

Hi,

my full name

C/O my full name again

my address

Dear my full name:

Thank you!

Hi, look at my post a couple pages above (from Nov 08), I have a picture of the envelope my GC came in.

It is indeed priority mail with tracking #, but USCIS does not give you this tracking #. Moreover, due to the size of the envelope it will not be scanned by USPS Informed delivery, it is bigger than usual letter. At least my was not scanned.

GC also usually comes not from service center but from their printing facility (mine was from MO). The letter you see in Informed Delivery most probably is something else.

ROC timeline:

I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center

I-751 filing date: 09-13-2016

NOA receipt date: 09-20-2016

Biometrics appointment on 10-21-2016

I-751 approved on 10-13-2017

Approval letter received on 10-20-2017

Case status "New card is being produced" on 11-01-2017

Card mailed (Lees Summit, MO) 11-03-2017

Card received (Atlanta, GA) 11-07-2017

N400 timeline:

Field office - Atlanta, GA

N400 applied on-line on 10-28-2017

Receipt notice date: 10-28-2017

Biometrics appointment issued 11-04-2017

Biometrics appointment date - 11-22-2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.