Thairi

I-751 September 2016 Filers

2,935 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
47 minutes ago, dgreening said:

Hey guys I still haven’t heard back :( should I be worried ?

Me neither... back in september i called and they said i should be expecting some news mid november so still got some time for mid november. 

09/21/2016 NOA1

10/18/2016 Biometrics

7 minutes ago, sidelcampeador said:

Me neither... back in september i called and they said i should be expecting some news mid november so still got some time for mid november. 

Ok thanks !!! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Call and put in service requests if you filed at VSC because they are working on October cases. That is what i did and i got my approval shortly after.

Service Center - Texas

I -130 sent - October 26, 2013

NOA 1 - November 07, 2013

RFE - May 06, 2014

RFE Hard Copy Received - May 12, 2014 (2 passport size photo for the petitioner)

RFE Sent - May 15, 2014

NOA 2 - May 29, 2014

National Visa Center

NVC Received - 18/06/2014

Fill out DS - 261 Form & submit - 08/07/2014

Pay AOS Fee - 25/07/2014

Send AOS Package - 02/08/2014

NVC Receive AOS Package - 04/08/2014

Receive IV Bill - 28/08/2014

Send IV Package - 28/08/2014

Pay IV Bill - 30/08/2014

Case Complete - October 21, 2014

Interview Date - December 05, 2014 rescheduled from December 29, 2014

Interview Result - Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Tony23 said:

I see September people are being approved   I’m a September 13 2016 anyone near that date ? Case still says the same since that date.   

Im September 26th

09/21/2016 NOA1

10/18/2016 Biometrics

Filed: Timeline

I need some advice... My ROC were received by CSC Sept 20th 2016. Now, 13.5 months later I still have no response regarding my case. I need to get infopass this month and I am upset why it takes so long. I thought my case was straightforward and I am worried why it takes longer than usual? I checked the processing times for CSC and as of Aug 31st 2017 it says they are processing cases from July 19th 2016, which means they take cases from 12.5 months ago and my case has been sent longer than that, 13.5 months ago! Unless their online system is not updated well, my case is outside the processing times. The only thing I did was to postpone my fingerprints by 3 weeks later, does this matter?

I made a request 30 days that my case is outside the processing times and I received no response although they promised they will reply in 3 weeks.  Now the next step is to go higher up and contact specific service center, which I did... I am very upset and angry at this point. We pay so much money and they do not even bother to reply in the designated time frames.

What else is there to do? HELP

Timeline

Status changed today. Card is mailed to me. Super excited

Service Center - Texas

RFE - May 06, 2014

RFE Hard Copy Received - May 12, 2014 (2 passport size photo for the petitioner)

RFE Sent - May 15, 2014

NOA 2 - May 29, 2014

National Visa Center

Pay AOS Fee - 25/07/2014

Pay IV Bill - 30/08/2014

50 minutes ago, vicky86 said:

I need some advice... My ROC were received by CSC Sept 20th 2016. Now, 13.5 months later I still have no response regarding my case. I need to get infopass this month and I am upset why it takes so long. I thought my case was straightforward and I am worried why it takes longer than usual? I checked the processing times for CSC and as of Aug 31st 2017 it says they are processing cases from July 19th 2016, which means they take cases from 12.5 months ago and my case has been sent longer than that, 13.5 months ago! Unless their online system is not updated well, my case is outside the processing times. The only thing I did was to postpone my fingerprints by 3 weeks later, does this matter?

I made a request 30 days that my case is outside the processing times and I received no response although they promised they will reply in 3 weeks.  Now the next step is to go higher up and contact specific service center, which I did... I am very upset and angry at this point. We pay so much money and they do not even bother to reply in the designated time frames.

What else is there to do? HELP

At the moment, CSC are processing quite slowly.  The processing date has only moved by something like 14 days in the 2 months to 31st August.  We don't know how far the processing date has moved during either September or October at the moment (if it's moved at all).  So although it looks as though cases from 12.5 months ago should be being processed, it's actually taking significantly longer than that since they slowed down (it was at almost exactly 12 months for quite some time earlier this year).  I had an Infopass on October 26th to get the I-551 passport stamp and the officer there told me that I should expect to hear something early in 2018 (my NOA date is September 13th 2016).  To be honest, it's really not that big of a deal for the ROC to take some time in the bigger scheme of things.  Unlike those waiting for their K-1 or CR-1 visa approval, we are already in the country getting on with our lives.  USCIS will give you a passport stamp for travel if you need it - they were explaining to someone else when I was there that their intention is never to prevent those of us here legally from traveling when we need to, or living our lives (working etc).  Yes, it can be frustrating when we're waiting to hear, but the day to day effect on our lives is basically non-existent.  I'm never really able to work out why people get so upset about ROC taking a little longer than average - unless there's a very good reason for an ROC to be refused, it will be approved when it's your turn.  And the more people who push for an early (out of turn) approval is the longer that everyone else has to wait as the service centers are already at or beyond their processing capacity.

29 minutes ago, yvy23 said:

At the moment, CSC are processing quite slowly.  The processing date has only moved by something like 14 days in the 2 months to 31st August.  We don't know how far the processing date has moved during either September or October at the moment (if it's moved at all).  So although it looks as though cases from 12.5 months ago should be being processed, it's actually taking significantly longer than that since they slowed down (it was at almost exactly 12 months for quite some time earlier this year).  I had an Infopass on October 26th to get the I-551 passport stamp and the officer there told me that I should expect to hear something early in 2018 (my NOA date is September 13th 2016).  To be honest, it's really not that big of a deal for the ROC to take some time in the bigger scheme of things.  Unlike those waiting for their K-1 or CR-1 visa approval, we are already in the country getting on with our lives.  USCIS will give you a passport stamp for travel if you need it - they were explaining to someone else when I was there that their intention is never to prevent those of us here legally from traveling when we need to, or living our lives (working etc).  Yes, it can be frustrating when we're waiting to hear, but the day to day effect on our lives is basically non-existent.  I'm never really able to work out why people get so upset about ROC taking a little longer than average - unless there's a very good reason for an ROC to be refused, it will be approved when it's your turn.  And the more people who push for an early (out of turn) approval is the longer that everyone else has to wait as the service centers are already at or beyond their processing capacity.

Thank you for response. I would like the ROC to be finalized because I want to have a physical card that would allow me to for example open a savings account (not that I need to but several months ago there was a good deal on APY and they didn't accept my expired GC in bank). Most importantly, I would like to get citizenship as soon as possible due to several needs.

First of all, I would like to be able to qualify for Medicaid (as a secondary or primary - depends on the situation soon) due to my high medical costs. As a resident I do not qualify.

Secondly, I need to change my name back in my home country for the several property/legality reasons and I currently can't do it easily. I do not want to go through the lengthy and more expensive process that includes sending marriage certificate and its translation to home country, asking family member to place it in the local office, then wait for them to change my name and pay for ID card.. then I only have 30 days to drive 7 hours away to the nearest embassy in NY to apply for passport and then I believe I would have to drive there back again when the passport is ready to be picked up. I researched the whole process and simply it is too much trouble for me and it is unnecessarily more expensive to go thru it.

I would rather much wait to get American passport and then next time I am in my home country I can take my time to do the paperwork and get my other passport if I wanted to. I have valid reasons to want this process to be complete as soon as possible. The longer ROC takes, the longer my N400 application takes. Also, I would like to possibly look into federal jobs that require citizenship. Another reason is that I just like to have updated documents on me, such as green card. Not being a citizen I try to be more careful and although I have my DL I still would prefer to have my valid GC on me at all times. Right now USCIS is doing a poor job in processing those applications. More importantly, there is no communication from them on the case status, which is more frustrating. I envy people who are not bothered and relaxed about the whole process but I am not one of those as I have specific circumstances that require me to have the citizenship.

17 minutes ago, vicky86 said:

Thank you for response. I would like the ROC to be finalized because I want to have a physical card that would allow me to for example open a savings account (not that I need to but several months ago there was a good deal on APY and they didn't accept my expired GC in bank). Most importantly, I would like to get citizenship as soon as possible due to several needs.

First of all, I would like to be able to qualify for Medicaid (as a secondary or primary - depends on the situation soon) due to my high medical costs. As a resident I do not qualify.

Secondly, I need to change my name back in my home country for the several property/legality reasons and I currently can't do it easily. I do not want to go through the lengthy and more expensive process that includes sending marriage certificate and its translation to home country, asking family member to place it in the local office, then wait for them to change my name and pay for ID card.. then I only have 30 days to drive 7 hours away to the nearest embassy in NY to apply for passport and then I believe I would have to drive there back again when the passport is ready to be picked up. I researched the whole process and simply it is too much trouble for me and it is unnecessarily more expensive to go thru it.

I would rather much wait to get American passport and then next time I am in my home country I can take my time to do the paperwork and get my other passport if I wanted to. I have valid reasons to want this process to be complete as soon as possible. The longer ROC takes, the longer my N400 application takes. Also, I would like to possibly look into federal jobs that require citizenship. Another reason is that I just like to have updated documents on me, such as green card. Not being a citizen I try to be more careful and although I have my DL I still would prefer to have my valid GC on me at all times. Right now USCIS is doing a poor job in processing those applications. More importantly, there is no communication from them on the case status, which is more frustrating. I envy people who are not bothered and relaxed about the whole process but I am not one of those as I have specific circumstances that require me to have the citizenship.

You can still apply for citizenship once you're eligible.  You don't have to wait for the 10-year card at all.  If you're already eligible for citizenship, I would apply now.  I'm sending in my N-400 in the next couple of weeks (I would have already sent it in, but I started a new job plus I'm in the middle of an online college course and I simply haven't had the time while studying for end of year exams).  Chances are they'll process both the ROC and citizenship at the same time, on the N-400 timescale.  That way you'll be done with both at once in just a few months. 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Tony23 said:

Congratulations.  When was your case submitted? I have a date of September 13 2016 

Thank you. Noa sep. 20, 2016. Filed at vsc.

Service Center - Texas

RFE - May 06, 2014

RFE Sent - May 15, 2014

NOA 2 - May 29, 2014

National Visa Center

Pay AOS Fee - 25/07/2014

Pay IV Bill - 30/08/2014

7 minutes ago, yvy23 said:

You can still apply for citizenship once you're eligible.  You don't have to wait for the 10-year card at all.  If you're already eligible for citizenship, I would apply now.  I'm sending in my N-400 in the next couple of weeks (I would have already sent it in, but I started a new job plus I'm in the middle of an online college course and I simply haven't had the time while studying for end of year exams).  Chances are they'll process both the ROC and citizenship at the same time, on the N-400 timescale.  That way you'll be done with both at once in just a few months. 

Thanks, I have done that :) I sent my I-751 3 months before the expiration of 2year GC and sent my N-400 2 months before the allowed date (3rd anniversary of receiving 2year GC). I have fingerprints next week for my citizenship, hopefully that will speed up ROC, as people say.

Right now my field office says as of August 31, 2017 they are processing cases from January 6, 2017, which seems quite long (8.75 months!)

Edited by vicky86

By the way N400 is very easy to fill out. There is no need for much evidence. I recommend getting tax transcripts from IRS website instead of prividing tax returns. The transcripts are easy to get and take minute to print (you need them from the last 3 years). The application itself is pretty easy but lengthy in 20 pages but half of it are questions about terrorism and murder, so I assume everybody answers "no" to those. The biggest pain was of course the cost of $725 including fingerprints. You do not need photos, like you used to.

I also scheduled my infopass appt hour after the fingerprints, in the same building, that means I get to kill 2 birds with one stone. Looks like our applications in CSC will be approved sometime in January. It does make me feel better that I am not the outcast who waits longer, but it is the standard in 2017 that application takes 15 months now for CSC and 13 months for VSC.

3 hours ago, vicky86 said:

Thanks, I have done that :) I sent my I-751 3 months before the expiration of 2year GC and sent my N-400 2 months before the allowed date (3rd anniversary of receiving 2year GC). I have fingerprints next week for my citizenship, hopefully that will speed up ROC, as people say.

Right now my field office says as of August 31, 2017 they are processing cases from January 6, 2017, which seems quite long (8.75 months!)

Seattle field office is a month behind that again - they're still listing as mid-December 2016.  Some field offices seem to process the N-400 in only around 4 months, so there's definitely a big variation in how long citizenship takes. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.