Thairi

I-751 September 2016 Filers

2,935 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Anyone here sent response to RFE and herd anything back from USCIS? I had an RFE sent last week, getting the letter in the mail today. I want to know how much time it will take USCIS to respond back after receiving RFE package.

8 hours ago, appz said:

Anyone here sent response to RFE and herd anything back from USCIS? I had an RFE sent last week, getting the letter in the mail today. I want to know how much time it will take USCIS to respond back after receiving RFE package.

believe me it's not so hard to go back few pages and check it.... why are you people are so lazy ?

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
23 minutes ago, AndJusticeForAll said:

believe me it's not so hard to go back few pages and check it.... why are you people are so lazy ?

Few have updated. That to ppl who got rfe sometime in Feb. i was just checking if anyone else responded. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
On 4/9/2018 at 7:13 PM, AndJusticeForAll said:

FML :)  i've been waiting for last 8 months to get a CDL driving licence  ( i need it for work) and i couldn't get it because i need green card in my hand ( not letter, or stamp in my passport) and now i see i also got 2018 as a date i became permanent resident. If i'm gonna have to file I-90 and wait for another year to have my GC replaced i'm F....d :)  so for now i'm just waiting how this is gonna end up. Worst scenario i can loose my job, so probably i'm just gonna leave my GC and wait 5 years to apply for citizenship. i could kick someones A.s.s 

Hello there, do you know that your I-551 stamp works exactly like your GC.  It is the replacement for your pending GC.  With that, if any employer tells you, you can't apply a job then it's illegal.  Know your rights.  At least that is what I read :)  Dig around bruv, why wait and lose a job when you don't have to.  Cheers!!

Hey all, I just wanted to let you know that I filled for inquiry today and I got email that I should expect reply by May 9, 2018. The inquiry date in the website is 9/26/2016 but I figured that by the time someone respond the date would be 9/30/2016 which is my NOA date. I’m pretty sure they would change it to 9/30/2016 by Friday. I’m so tired waiting at this point 😞😔

50 minutes ago, LiliDeyan said:

Hey all, I just wanted to let you know that I filled for inquiry today and I got email that I should expect reply by May 9, 2018. The inquiry date in the website is 9/26/2016 but I figured that by the time someone respond the date would be 9/30/2016 which is my NOA date. I’m pretty sure they would change it to 9/30/2016 by Friday. I’m so tired waiting at this point 😞😔

Did you also not receive the GC in the mail yet?

my case was approved on Feb 12th and still have not received the GC in the mail.. :/

It's so frustrating..

I also submitted an inquiry yesterday and got an email saying to expect a reply by May 8th.. so fingers crossed!

41 minutes ago, darnit said:

Did you also not receive the GC in the mail yet?

my case was approved on Feb 12th and still have not received the GC in the mail.. :/

It's so frustrating..

I also submitted an inquiry yesterday and got an email saying to expect a reply by May 8th.. so fingers crossed!

I haven’t been approved yet 😫😩

12 hours ago, Bomzy said:

Hello there, do you know that your I-551 stamp works exactly like your GC.  It is the replacement for your pending GC.  With that, if any employer tells you, you can't apply a job then it's illegal.  Know your rights.  At least that is what I read :)  Dig around bruv, why wait and lose a job when you don't have to.  Cheers!!

unfortunately to get a CDL driving license you need to have actual green card, not a I-551 stamp. to renew CDL, stamp is ok but not to get it for a first time :) 

and i need it for my job. So i'm gonna get my commercial driving licence and then apply for citizenship and we will see :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
11 hours ago, AndJusticeForAll said:

unfortunately to get a CDL driving license you need to have actual green card, not a I-551 stamp. to renew CDL, stamp is ok but not to get it for a first time :) 

and i need it for my job. So i'm gonna get my commercial driving licence and then apply for citizenship and we will see :)

I think IL of all states seems to make this more complicated but have a read here:

https://forums.immigration.com/threads/illinois-dmv-not-accepting-i797.332714/

And on USCIS website, it also says the stamp should be verified on USCIS/SAVE.  Have a look at it.  When DoH tells you that your I-551 is the proof of your residency extension and has equal power in paper then DMV people needs to hear it loud, they don't come above DoH.  Talk to the USCIS local office and ask questions man.  There is a saying in my country, "If you speak, you can sell wheat.  If you don't, you can't even sell rice". Good day .

Submitted an e-inquiry per instruction since I didn't receive any notice by 3/30. A few days later USCIS responded stating that I have requested to schedule for a biometric appointment (completely incorrect and lost).

Status change as of 4/13 - "Case was transferred and a new office has jurisdiction"

I regret sending that inquiry.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sungtory said:

Submitted an e-inquiry per instruction since I didn't receive any notice by 3/30. A few days later USCIS responded stating that I have requested to schedule for a biometric appointment (completely incorrect and lost).

Status change as of 4/13 - "Case was transferred and a new office has jurisdiction"

I regret sending that inquiry.

I also got the same status change on April 10.  At least we know our files are not lost.  Hang in there. 

You are also now out of processing time. Can you submit another inquiry for that? 

Spoiler

GC Expiry - 10/27/16

ROC:
09/13/16 - Sent I-751 package to CSC
09/16/16 - USCIS received package
09/20/16 - $845 check cashed - (myself and 3 children)

09/22/16 - NOA1 hard copy. Dated 09/16/16
09/26/16- Verification of Inclusion of a Dependent in I-751 (x 3) - Dated 09/16/16

10/13/16 - Biometrics Appointment

09/25/17 - Infopass - I-551 stamp. Expiry 6/25/18

02/15/18 - Case Inquiry - Out of processing time (09/22/18) Reply due 3/10/18.

02/25/18 - Case updated to "We received your case" 

04/06/18 - Case updated to "We received your case"

04/06/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - CSC to CSC  (letter)

04/10/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - CSC to POTOMAC  (letter)

04/11/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing"

04/19/18 - Case updated to "We received your case" 

05/07/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - POTOMAC to NBC.  (letter)

05/07/18 - Case updated to "We received your case"

05/08/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing'

06/01/18 - Case Approved with N-400 Approval. 

CITIZENSHIP

08/23/17 - N-400 sent (USPS Lost package, In Transit - Delayed status)
09/11/17 - N-400 sent again via FedEX.

09/14/17 - N-400 NOA1

09/25/17 - Email Acceptance - Routed to NBC.

10/10/17 - Walk in Biometrics - Seattle.

10/18/17 - In line for Interview

05/02/18 - Interview Scheduled.

06/01/18 - Interview - APPROVED

07/04/18 - July 4th Oath Ceremony.

Here is an update to my incorrectly printed green card. I got notification of biometrics this week. Today however, I got a response from my service request telling me to ship my card directly to CSC with a request to expedite. I'm going to do that instead and let the I-90 die when I bail out on biometrics. 

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Ketsuban said:

Here is an update to my incorrectly printed green card. I got notification of biometrics this week. Today however, I got a response from my service request telling me to ship my card directly to CSC with a request to expedite. I'm going to do that instead and let the I-90 die when I bail out on biometrics. 

I just received an email response to my SR about the wrong Resident Since Date. The instructions say that I should mail the GC with an attached letter directly to an address in CA, and mark it to be expedited due to USCIS error. It does not mention having to complete an I-90 form. So I will be mailing my GC tomorrow and hopefully will get a corrected one soon. 

20180419_111256.jpg

11/06/2012 - First met online

05/28/2013 - First met physically

10/15/2013 - Proposed :wub:

01/25/2014 - I-129F application lodged

*NO RFE! Thanks VJ* good.gif

05/27/2014 - Interview - Approved

06/18/2014 - Visa in hand

06/24/2014 - Arrived in the United States on the K1 visa!

07/01/2014 - Got married! (L)

08/06/2014 - Mailed AOS application

09/10/2014 - Biometrics appt

11/21/2014 - EAD and AP combo card in hand

12/16/2014 - Interview attended and application approved! :thumbs:

12/26/2014 - Green card in hand

09/27/2016 - Mailed ROC application

09/29/2016 - ROC application received by USCIS

10/03/2016 - NOA in hand! :)

11/07/2016 - Biometrics completed

03/15/2018 - ROC Approved! *No RFE or Interview! Thanks VJ* :thumbs:

04/06/2018 - 10 year GC in hand (With incorrect 'Resident Since' date - Filed SR online 'Typographical Error' with USCIS)

04/19/2018 - Email received from USCIS instructing me to return my GC for expedited correction - Mailed out today

Thank you VJ and all of the active posters... You guys have helped, and continue to help us so much! :thumbs:

2 minutes ago, BFP XX said:

I just received an email response to my SR about the wrong Resident Since Date. The instructions say that I should mail the GC with an attached letter directly to an address in CA, and mark it to be expedited due to USCIS error. It does not mention having to complete an I-90 form. So I will be mailing my GC tomorrow and hopefully will get a corrected one soon. 

20180419_111256.jpg

That is the exact same response I got :D

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.