Thairi

I-751 September 2016 Filers

2,935 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
19 minutes ago, darnit said:

This's interesting!! I agree with you about not buying the excuse that all applicants surged to file before Trump getting in the oval office. But none of this makes any sense whatsoever.. It's just absurd!! I've been following the processing times and as everyone knows it's almost like things were great up to May 2017, then all of the sudden things started to go slow like really slow.. Every 2 weeks they used to update their processing times and almost finish a month or 6 weeks ahead. Now, every update doesn't even include any advancement in I-751 times.. What a joke..

I hear you.. One almost feels tempted to think something else is going on..

Other than "backlogs" and "hiring freezes" I mean..

It's more likely it has to do with the backlog and jam of 2014 when Dreamers were prioritsed and our cases were taking 14 months to process. 

Married New York 09/27/13Filed I-130 11/23/13Noa1 11/27/13 VSCNoa2 05/23/14 Case received nvc 6/6/14Case # and IIN 6/27/14AOS and IV invoiced 7/12/14AOS and IV paid 7/14/14DS260 submitted 7/22/14Aos and IV scan date 08/14/14Case complete 10/06/14Medical 9/22/14<p>Interview 11/17/14

POE Philadelphia 12/2/14

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So I feel like the question of why the the service centers are suddenly processing so slowly is fairly clear. Remember in 2014 when there was the huge backlog at the NVC that delayed all of our i-130 approvals by months? This was caused by the NVC being inundated with immigrant visa cases from USCIS, as USCIS shifted its workload to focus on the backlog of stand-alone I-130 cases. The NVC used to receive approximately 8,000 cases per week. As USCIS continued to dig out of ITS backlog, the NVC began receiving around 25,000 cases per week.

You guys remember, we all sat around on Visa Journey pondering (bitching/complaining/crying) about why is was taking 11-15 months to approve us instead of the 6-10 months we were told it should take. Yeah, well 24 months later we all filed or ROC's and they are experiencing that same sudden backlog with the same people all filing the same papers at the same time. It makes since when you think about it.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry, I didn't see that you posted essentially the same thing right before i did, i'm at work, Took awhile to complete my post! :lol: At least I know my theory is  probably right about the delay!

I'm planning to travel to Canada 🇨🇦 in August. My GC/extension letter expires in September. Should I get an Infopass appointment and I-551 stamp or would it still be safe to use the GC/extension letter combination?

Check my timeline for K-1 visa & AOS details

Conditional Permanent Resident: 16 September 2014

Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)

If you're coming back to the states in August before your letter expires, it should be fine. We recently traveled and my husband had no trouble coming back in with his expired GC and extension letter. 

05/14: We were married!!

06/04/14: Finally marriage license was recorded & we got a copy

06/05/14: AOS package mailed via Fed Ex overnight to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

06/06/14: (Day 00) Confirmation of delivery & receipt date recorded by USCIS

06/11/14: (Day 05) NOA 1 Hard copy of receipt received

06/13/14: (Day 07) Form I-797C received, Biometrics appointment scheduled for July 8

07/01/14: RFE for co-sponsor salary and tax info, which was already sent with original package. Resent a copy on 07/08/14.

07/08/14: (Day 32) Biometrics appt.

08/10/14: (Day 65) Noticed that USCIS status has changed from Initial Review to Testing & Interview!

08/21/14: (Day 76) Received EAD/AP in the mail!

09/25/14: (Day 111) Email notice with interview date set for OCT. 29!

10/29/14: (Day 145) Interview day - APPROVED!!!

09/21/16: Mailed in I-751 Removal of Conditions

10/14/16: Biometrics appointment

8/8/17: Mailed N-400 Naturalization Application

8/15/17: USCIS texted that they've received N-400

9/8/17: Scheduled for biometrics 

10/11/17: In Line to be Scheduled for N-400 Interview
6/23/18: N400 Interview (recommended for approval pending I751)

8/1/18: I751 Interview - approved

1 hour ago, Camelot13 said:

If you're coming back to the states in August before your letter expires, it should be fine. We recently traveled and my husband had no trouble coming back in with his expired GC and extension letter. 

Yes, I will be coming back to the US in August, before my GC/extension letter expires in September.

I'm just curious if there are any special requirements since I will be traveling outside the US and then back so close to the expiration date.  I will be traveling with my USC spouse and will go through Canada and US immigration together.

Check my timeline for K-1 visa & AOS details

Conditional Permanent Resident: 16 September 2014

Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline
5 hours ago, zuluweta said:

Yes, I will be coming back to the US in August, before my GC/extension letter expires in September.

I'm just curious if there are any special requirements since I will be traveling outside the US and then back so close to the expiration date.  I will be traveling with my USC spouse and will go through Canada and US immigration together.

You'll be fine. Have a good trip!

In general, it's good to avoid planning travel too close to the cutoff, like the day before, for example, since it does happen that flights are cancelled, or cars get flat tires, and you might have an unavoidable delay. But this sounds like your trip has more than just a couple days of margin, so no worries there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
15 hours ago, zuluweta said:

You should be fine, but maybe consider getting an infopass appointment and get a I-551 stamp? It serves the same purpose and will need to get one anyways when your 1-year extension letter expires (while we wait longer).

K1

18th Nov 2013 - Mailed K-1 visa application

22th Nov 2013 - Received NOA1 (with official receipt date of 20th Nov 2013 on the petition) from TSC

3rd March 2014 - Received NOA2 through email notification (101 days after NOA1)

10th March 2014 - Received hardcopy NOA2

12th March 2014 - Case shipped from TSC to NVC, notification through email

21st March 2014 - Received Case number from NVC after calling them

24th March 2014 - Case shipped to Amsterdam Consulate "in transit"

26th March 2014 - Case status changed to arrived "Ready"

26th March 2014 - Received packet 3 through mail, after contacting them through email

27th March 2014 - Returned Packet 3

3rd of April2014 - Received Packet 4 via post with interview data ( they dont give this information through email)

11th of April 2014 - Medical appointment

24th of April 2014 - Interview date - APPROVED!

2nd of May 2014 - Received Passport back in the mail

19th of May 2014 - MOVED! POE Atlanta - Never been faster through customs, no lines and it took the officer about 10 minutes to process my papers. Very friendly.

June 10th 2014 - Applied for SSN - They could not find me in the system yet, but the lady was very friendly and said she would process it later and call me in case she needed any more information or would foresee any delay past 2 weeks she would call me.

June 16th 2014 - Received my SSN

June 16th 2014 - Got our marriage licence - Although they said I did not need a SSN in case I had not received it yet. We called ahead.

June 27th 2014- Got Married!

Adjustment of Status

July 23rd 2014 - Applied for Adjustment of Status (Inc EAD / AP)

August 8th 2014 - NOA1

August 11th 2014 - Requested Expedite processing on AP

August 18th 2014 - Received appointment letter Biometrics Appointment

August 19th 2014 - Expedite request completed - AP approved and produced

August 28th 2014 - Biometics appointment

October 2014 - AoS Approved

January 29th 2015 - Green Card Received

Lifting Conditions

November 4th - Applied for Removal of Conditions

November 16th - NOA1

December 6th - Biometrics Appointment

Waiting....

21 hours ago, Sarah&Marc said:

So I feel like the question of why the the service centers are suddenly processing so slowly is fairly clear. Remember in 2014 when there was the huge backlog at the NVC that delayed all of our i-130 approvals by months? This was caused by the NVC being inundated with immigrant visa cases from USCIS, as USCIS shifted its workload to focus on the backlog of stand-alone I-130 cases. The NVC used to receive approximately 8,000 cases per week. As USCIS continued to dig out of ITS backlog, the NVC began receiving around 25,000 cases per week.

You guys remember, we all sat around on Visa Journey pondering (bitching/complaining/crying) about why is was taking 11-15 months to approve us instead of the 6-10 months we were told it should take. Yeah, well 24 months later we all filed or ROC's and they are experiencing that same sudden backlog with the same people all filing the same papers at the same time. It makes since when you think about it.  

I don't think it's about the backlog or whatsoever.. It must be some other reason.. None of what you said makes ANY sense whatsoever with all due respect..

2 minutes ago, darnit said:

I don't think it's about the backlog or whatsoever.. It must be some other reason.. None of what you said makes ANY sense whatsoever with all due respect..

I can't see how none of that makes any sense. 

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

4 minutes ago, Ketsuban said:

I can't see how none of that makes any sense. 

Isn't it interesting that all this sudden super slow processing started after Trump getting in the oval??!!!!

Think about it folks, you know trucks: bing bing bong bong..

Edited by darnit

1 minute ago, darnit said:

Isn't it interesting that all this sudden super slow processing started after Trump getting in the oval??!!!!

Think about it folks, you know trucks: bing bing bong bong..

OK, but that doesn't mean the other theory makes no sense. 

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

3 hours ago, darnit said:

I disagree, it makes sense. If there was a huge bunch of I-130 approved back in 2014 for a short period of time because they had been pending for 15 months before that, then it's very logical that 2 years after all the same people file I-751 creating long queue. Also it seems reasonable that CSC may be struggling excessive workload due to the cases transferred from other service centers. This version is supported by the fact that VCS I-751 processing times now have equalized and are both around 12 months while CSC used to take 6 months to process I-751 and VSC was always 1 year. Now the are both 1 year.

My attorney just said: "You remain a green card holder even if it's over a year with the I751 expired receipt. the I-551 stamp is additional travel evidence. You pending status will be pulled out when entering US". So technically you can travel with the expired extension letter. However, it's a big risk. If custom officers in the US might really see your pending status, people who check your documents overseas in the airports on the way back to the US have no idea about this rule and may not let you in the plane if they see any expired document.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.