Jump to content

What (exactly) does my fiancé need to Mail to me?

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

This is regarding the initial packet i must send in (i-129f form +any other forms i must send in for her with mine)...

what documents must my fiancé fill out and send to me?

i know she has to fill out the G-325A.

--- but can i fill it out for her? then email to her to sign, then she emails it back to me?

i know i must send a passport style photo of her

--- she can simply email me this right?

i know she must send me her letter of intent to marry

--- which she can email me, right?

am i missing anything besides these 3 things?

does she need to mail me her original birth certificate? (i feel like i read this before, but it is not on the i-129f example cover letter)

1.) basically what documents must she fill out and sign. and what additional documents would i need from her (example: birth certificate)

2.) and can it be all done online? or must she snail mail it to me?

*what do i need from her and what is the most efficient way of getting it done

seriously, thanks again!.. in advanced

p.s. does she have to fill out the entire i-129f form herself or just me? because it seems redundant..

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

1) You can fill it out, and have her sign. No issue there

2) My fiancé sent his photo through email, I took it to the store nearby that does passport photos, and had them print it off. They do have to meet passport photo specifications. Printed on matte or glossy photo quality paper

Size of photo

2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size

Size of head must be between 1 -1 3/8 inches (25 - 35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head.

View the Photo Composition Template for more size requirement details.

Recent, taken in the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance

Background must be plain white or off-white

3) it can be emailed. As long as she signs it, scans it, then emails it to you.

If you are the petitioner, you are the only one who fills out the I-129f

<3  Our K-1 Visa Journey <3

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC received -- 05-13-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

Embassy received -- 5-22-2016

Interview Date -- 8-31-2016

Interview Result -- APPROVED!!!

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

<3 MARRIAGE -- 10-21-2016 <3

AOS, EAD, AND AP Filed 01-05-2017

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

EAD and AP approved -- 05-19-2017

AOS approved -- 08-24-2017

Received card -- 09-01-2017

❤ Baby boy is here!! December 26th 2017 ❤


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

The foreign fiance(e) can sign their G-325A and statement of intent, and then scan it in to email to you so that you can print it out and include with your I-129F petition. The foreign fiance(e)'s birth certificate is not a requirement for the I-129F petition. Read through the I-129F form instructions and see the K-1 guide here on VJ.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ%20-%20Ciudad%20Juarez.pdf

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had my fiance mail me his passport photos because Walgreens told me they cannot print out passport photos (the 2 x 2 ) unless the person is present, that the passport is of. He lives in Australia so the last time he sent me something it took 4 weeks, this time it took 7 days but he sent it express.

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3


07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.