Medz70084

AOS/ IV documents

42 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It can be very confusing and things have changed a little since a few years ago.

1. You get barcoded sheets when you pay your aos and IV sheets online, they have the NVC addresses on them.

2. NVC then sends the checklist with the boxes for you to check not applicable, included etc. Thats the one you are asking about with the cross

3. You have the option of sending both packages once you have paid just the AOS fees and because many people do that to speed up the process they sent it without the checklist that NVC sends... which means the checklist isn't absolutely necessary.

4. Since you already have the checklist (which I also had) This is what we did and you can do this if you want as well. We got no issues and our visa has been approved with no problems

. Print the barcoded sheets from the CEAC website one for AOS and one for IV

Put all the financial documents together and secure with a paper clip, put the AOS barcoded sheet on top of that

. Put all civil documents together with a paperclip and put the IV barcoded sheet on top of those

. Put the checklist document on top of everything

. Place everything together in one envelope, address and send

Option 2

Put all the AOS documents together with paperclip

Put all the civil documents together with paper clip

Place the document checklist on top

place in an envelope, address and send

The point of the barcoded sheet is so they can literally scan your document into their system which is why you get a "scan date" from NVC so you can count 30 days from that to estimate your case complete. They only need to have one barcoded sheet so they can scan and know its your documents being sent in.

Passport sized pictures are not required at the NVC stage (It used to be but it isn't anymore so depending on the date the person who is giving you advice did their process, information might be different).

NVC only requires photocopies of civil documents (i.e. marriage certificate etc). They need the original signed I-864 form (wet signature).

I wish you all the best in getting your birth certificate sorted out and I wish you all the best in your journey.

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

If you can access the attached photo, it is there and this is what I sent in conjunction with the Document Cover Sheet obtained from the .gov site.

post-218479-0-77139600-1473228854_thumb.jpeg

Edited by mbunband

I am sure the NVC letter says to put the checklist in but if you don't it's not gonna be an issue I don't think. Surely common sense will take over. :))

You need to have something with your bar code on. They use a machine to scan the bar code and then scan all the documents into your file.

The bar code then makes sure that the scanned documents are stored in the correct electronic file.

Why more embassies don't allow electronic processing and emailing of documents in the 21st century is beyond me. I almost feel like the government and I are penpals with all these envelopes going back and forth.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Like JFH says you need something with a barcode. It can be the document checklist or the AOS or IV receipts. As far as for readers to come this is all clearly outlined in the NVC Wiki. You can send your documents before you even get your document checklist..i.e. as soon as you pay your AOS so it is def not absolutely necessary.

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Keas thank you. What's the best postage option. Shall we send it next day delivery? Recorded?

I still have to complete the DS 260 which will take me a week to 10 days.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Hijack post along with replies to said post removed; Administrative Action taken.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

????

Another poster hijacked your thread with their own question, that post and the replies were removed.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

If you can access the attached photo, it is there and this is what I sent in conjunction with the Document Cover Sheet obtained from the .gov site.

Oh look at the bottom of that photo on that document checklist is a... BARCODE!!!!!

Also you can print JUST the barcode sheet from the AOS if you want to. You do NOT need to wait for the barcoded sheet from the IV. You haven't since 2013!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

My husband is filling the i864 EZ to sponsor me only (spouse).

There's a part 4 information about household size.

1.a yourself and the person you are sponsoring in this form i 846 EZ. We put 2 in the box.

1.b spouse -we put N/A in the box as it says do not count any household member more than once.

Also N/A in the rest of the boxes.

At the bottom where it asks for the total we put 2 in the box

Is this correct for 1b ? Please help.?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.