spn1025

Are cases being rushed because election is coming?

18 posts in this topic

Probably a conspiracy theory, but I've been told that they're rushing cases because of the upcoming election. Anyone else hear anything about this? I wouldn't keep my hopes up, but anyway...

My wife's friend sent in their N400 package a few months ago and it took about 2 months before they scheduled biometrics.

Our biometrics was scheduled 2 days after they received our package in the mail..

maybe I should just check the immigration timeline stats on here...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Probably a conspiracy theory, but I've been told that they're rushing cases because of the upcoming election. Anyone else hear anything about this? I wouldn't keep my hopes up, but anyway...

My wife's friend sent in their N400 package a few months ago and it took about 2 months before they scheduled biometrics.

Our biometrics was scheduled 2 days after they received our package in the mail..

Lol.

Check out the N-400 May filers thread for frustrated folk like me whose cases have been stalled. Blows that theory right out of the water.

AOS

03/24/11 - Got married in the Boogie-Down Bronx, NYC!
04/21/11 - Mailed I-130,I-765, I-485, I-864 and I-693 - Day 00

04/23/11 - Application delivered - Day 02
04/28/11 - NOA (most forms) - Day 07
05/03/11 - Checks cashed - Day 12
05/31/11 - Biometrics completed in the Bronx, NYC - Day 40
06/24/11 - Received someone else's employment authorization card!!! What the...? - Day 64
07/01/11 - Mailed the poor lady's card back after calling USCIS - Day 71
07/07/11 - Received poor lady's interview notice! What??? - Day 77
07/15/11 - Received my own EAD card - Day 85
08/12/11 - Interview. Approved on the spot! - Day 113
08/18/11 - Received card in the mail - Day 119

ROC
05/28/13 - Mailed I-751 - Day 00

05/30/13 - Application delivered - Day 02

05/31/13 - NOA I-797 - Day 03
06/04/13 - Check cashed - Day 07

06/06/13 - NOA delivered to my home/Biometrics letter generated - Day 09

06/10/13 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail - Day 13

06/27/13 - Biometrics completed in Milwaukee, WI - Day 30

09/10/13 - Application approved! - Day 105

09/14/13 - 10 year Green Card received! - Day 109

Citizenship

05/10/16 - Mailed N-400 - Day 00

05/12/16 - Application delivered - Day 02

05/13/16 - Credit card payment accepted - Day 03

05/17/16 - Received text & email update - Day 07

05/20/16 - Received 1st NOA (dated 05/13/16) & created ELIS acct - Day 10

05/21/16 - Received 2nd NOA (dated 05/16/16) confirming my DOB and address - Day 11

05/22/06 - Biometrics scheduled (online update) and appt letter was mailed on 05/20/16 - Day 12

05/24/06 - Biometrics letter became viewable online (appt scheduled for 06/07/16) - Day 14

05/27/16 - Received Biometrics letter in mail - Day 17

05/31/16 - Was denied walk-in fingerprints with just 1 person left in line. Milwaukee office, boo! - Day 21

06/07/16 - Biometrics completed in Milwaukee, WI - Day 28

12/21/16 - Passed Citizenship test/Interview was successful! - Day 197

01/26/17 - I am a US citizen!!! - Day 233

Filed: Timeline

The election has no impact on this process as legislation that will be put in place usually does not take effect until many months later or a year or so later. Cases in the system now will most likely be resolved way before anything becoming a law.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

1- Two months for biometrics is incredibly unusual... that's longer than any case I've seen on here in 3 years. Your case seems to be closer to the norm than your friend's.

2- While I don't at all think they are rushing applications, USCIS anticipated (correctly) an increase in the number of applications and has tried where possible to accommodate this through extra manpower, distributing caseload, etc. So I don't think they're trying to speed things up, they're just trying to compensate so as to avoid a slowdown.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Not really, during my Removal of Condition, it took them 2 and a half months to schedule a biometric appointment for me--I was told it was because the support center was busy; but I guess it could also mean somewhere in their system dropped the ball...

Nevertheless, I didn't experience much of a delay in getting the approval--they was a delay because of workload, but I got the approval when everyone else was getting it too.

1- Two months for biometrics is incredibly unusual... that's longer than any case I've seen on here in 3 years. Your case seems to be closer to the norm than your friend's.

2- While I don't at all think they are rushing applications, USCIS anticipated (correctly) an increase in the number of applications and has tried where possible to accommodate this through extra manpower, distributing caseload, etc. So I don't think they're trying to speed things up, they're just trying to compensate so as to avoid a slowdown.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Not really, during my Removal of Condition, it took them 2 and a half months to schedule a biometric appointment for me--I was told it was because the support center was busy; but I guess it could also mean somewhere in their system dropped the ball...

Nevertheless, I didn't experience much of a delay in getting the approval--they was a delay because of workload, but I got the approval when everyone else was getting it too.

I don't know much about removal of conditions; I was talking about naturalization... I haven't come across a case where it took more than a few weeks to schedule biometrics.

I don't know why it would be different for ROC.

Of course, there must be cases that take longer, but of the thousands of cases posted on VJ's citizenship progress forum, I haven't seen any that took 2 months... I may have missed a handful, but that would still be a tiny percentage.

I would say that waiting a month for biometrics to be scheduled is very unusual.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

you should probably go check out ROC August Filers 2016, and see how frustrated and patiently waiting those folks are.....

AOS.....

May 24, 2014 (day 0) Mailed my form I-130, I-485, I-758 via UPS
May 27, 2014 (day 3) Packaged delivered
Jun 11, 2014 (day 18) Txt/email received (Finally)
Jun 16, 2014 (day 23) NOA paper form

Jun 19, 2014 (day 26) Received Biometrics appointment for 07/07/2014

Jun 27, 2014 (day 34) Biometrics done (early walk-in)

Jul 02, 2014 RFE email/txt notification

Jul 07 2014 Receive RFE yellow form, asking for sponsors W2, Tax papers

Jul 22 2014 Mailed RFE response

Jul 24 2014 Received: Evidence Response Review

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sep 03 2014 EAD Approved

Sep 08 2014 Case moved to Testing and Interview

Sep 11 2014 EAD/AP COMBO CARD Received

Oct 01 2014 Interview scheduled for 11/04/2014

Oct 02 2014 Interview Notice Received for 11/04/2014

Nov 04 2014 Interview(no decision).but got an approval update few hrs later, GC to production.

Nov 07 2014 Welcome to the United State of America notice received

Nov 12 2014 GC Received

----I-751 Removing Conditions------------------------------------------

Aug 08 2016 Mail form I-751 ROC via USPS

Aug 09 2016 Next day Delivery (Package Delivered)

Aug 11 2016 Check Cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Or the July Filers... yes some July filers are being approved at the moment in almost record time, but the majority of us July-ers are waiting and feeling frustrated.

~ Allison, the USC

The election has no impact on this process as legislation that will be put in place usually does not take effect until many months later or a year or so later. Cases in the system now will most likely be resolved way before anything becoming a law.

Given that the OP is talking about naturalization, maybe he is thinking that someone is in her for immigrants to be naturalized so they can register to vote?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Yes I believe the upcoming elections is a contributing factor. Uscis is rushing all application.

Filed: Timeline

Given that the OP is talking about naturalization, maybe he is thinking that someone is in her for immigrants to be naturalized so they can register to vote?

Possible but highly unlikely. But given our current election climate I wouldn't put anything past HIllary and Trump LOL

Or the July Filers... yes some July filers are being approved at the moment in almost record time, but the majority of us July-ers are waiting and feeling frustrated.

This entire process, from K-1 Visa on, there has never been rhyme or reason to the order of people getting approved. Never seems to be chronological. :(

K-1
03/09/12 - NoA1
10/04/12 - NoA2 (210 days)

AoS

01/25/13 - NoA1
08/15/13 - NoA2 (199 days)

RoC
05/21/15 - NoA1

11/02/15 - NoA2 (164 days)

N-400

08/18/16 - NoA1
03/14/17 - Interview

03/16/17 - Oath Ceremony (217 days)

US citizen

Total time start to finish: 5 years, 12 days (1,838 days)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.