BlessingDawn

I-130 August 2016 Filers

827 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 4/18/2017 at 8:39 AM, tayaj said:

Dates updated everyone...People before Aug 30 at Nebraska can file case inquiries now!

@NE Aug filer: Any update on your case?

my case was approved on 4/19/2017 after an officer followed up for me :)

Timeline

Case approved on 4/19/2017

PD 08/08/2016

I did an online request in the middle of March and then an officer was assigned for follow-up and then the status changed. I believe the adjudications are done in batches, sometimes it helps to give them a notch (either online request or calls with tier two officer) to trigger follow-up.

Just wondering, how long when NVC opens the case from their end after the petition is approved.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
54 minutes ago, NE Aug filer said:

Case approved on 4/19/2017

PD 08/08/2016

I did an online request in the middle of March and then an officer was assigned for follow-up and then the status changed. I believe the adjudications are done in batches, sometimes it helps to give them a notch (either online request or calls with tier two officer) to trigger follow-up.

Just wondering, how long when NVC opens the case from their end after the petition is approved.  

Congratulations! So happy for you!

Also I have renewed hope for myself now. Quick question: After how many days of filing a service request was an officer assigned to your case? We filed last Tuesday and still nothing! Any inputs will be welcome! Thanks.

Edited by tayaj

Timeline
29 minutes ago, tayaj said:

Congratulations! So happy for you!

Also I have renewed hope for myself now. Quick question: After how many days of filing a service request was an officer assigned to your case? We filed last Tuesday and still nothing! Any inputs will be welcome! Thanks.

I just checked some of my email confirmations - I submitted the request on 03/14 and it was assigned to an officer for reviewed on 04/04. Then on 04/21, I saw that the reviewed was completed and my status was change to case approved on 04/19. So I guess after my case was approved, it was not updated instantly until the officer followed up on it. Best of luck to you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 3/21/2017 at 10:02 PM, tayaj said:

Hey...quick question..what did you ask to be transferred to a Tier 2 officer.

We called and asked but were given a reference number saying they will call us back. Did you guys face the same thing ?

Anyone else who called a Tier 2 officer face the same thing?

yes this happens always and tier 2 officer does call back ALWAYS 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
13 hours ago, tayaj said:

We got approved!!!! :) Finally!!

congratulations on your approval. tier 2 told you or it got updated on their website?

Edited by shoseru

Timeline
15 hours ago, tayaj said:

We got approved!!!! :) Finally!!

Congrats :) Any specific reason for the delay? Was it due to pending background check clearance?

Timeline
On 4/30/2017 at 0:03 PM, vbjohn said:

Congrats :) Any specific reason for the delay? Was it due to pending background check clearance?

Not Sure..We did put in a service request once it went past processing time..So maybe that helped.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 4/20/2017 at 4:23 PM, coconutpineapple said:

August 23rd, but still no updates. Tier 2 has submitted service requests and I submitted one online but all say "Currently not assigned for processing". This week, I finally wrote a letter to my local representative asking for assistance. Any advice you may have would be much appreciated!

Update: On April 26, 2017, your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number ************, was completed.

Updated under my USCIS account but nothing received as of today. I will call this afternoon to see if they can tell me what is the result. Congrats to all those who have received notifications and sending good vibes to all those waiting with us too! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.