BlessingDawn

I-130 August 2016 Filers

827 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mavikobalt said:

Hi everyone,

We just got approved, no email or text, just randomly (obsessively) checked the uscis website. I can hardly believe it! Best wishes to everyone! Hang in there! I also updated our timeline, NOA 1 August 2, 2016

Congrats! You give us cause for optimism!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
11 hours ago, nicoleelaine said:

I really don't have a lot of experience with this other than our experience with Australia. I heard that if you already have a B2, you can travel. However, I would definitely consult with an immigration lawyer if I were you. I don't think just a flight ticket and pending I-130 is enough evidence that you will be returning. Actually the opposite. An I-130 is showing intent to move to the US. They want to know that you will be returning to your country once your tourist Visa is expired. It is unfortunate that you cannot establish employment. I think that would be a big factor in their decision. If you have proof of an address in your country like a lease agreement or home ownership where you would be returning, that would be helpful. 

In all reality, Trump has recently put a travel ban on some of India's nearby countries. US immigration is going to be very hard on people trying to enter from that area of the world. Ultimately, once you arrive in the US, the point of entry officer has the decision to not let you enter. Unfortunately, the US is using a lot of profiling in that sense to make decisions regarding entry into the US right now. 

As an American, I am currently experiencing the crazy things that are going on over here involving immigration and racism, I would strongly advise people from that area of the world to not try to enter the US at the moment. Definitely not a good time.

Yea.. I know.. Thank You!

USCIS
08/15/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
08/18/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/17/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/24/2017: Notification received on App (I130 Approved)
02/26/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

02/28/2017: (NOA2) Notification received via snail mail.

NVC
03/06/2017: Case number assigned
03/11/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
03/11/2017: DS 261 Completed

03/11/2017: AOS fees paid

03/17/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/23/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/23/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/27/2017: Scan date

05/30/2017: Case Complete

06/02/2017: Received Interview date over Phone(scheduled to Jul 17th)

06/03/2017: Received P4 letter over email confirming the Interview date

06/08/2017: Medical done

07/16/2017: Biometrics scheduled

07/17/2017: Interview in Mumbai

07/17/2017: Visa Approved

07/19/2017: Passport received at VAC, Intimation received.

07/20/2017: Passport in Hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

5 hours ago, SJLOVE said:

When you check the status what did it say the wording,  "approved" or something else

It says "My case was approved. On February 9, 2017 we approved your form I-130..." now I'm second guessing myself. What else could they write? I'm approved, right?

Married May 14, 2011

NOA 1: August 2, 2016

NOA 2: February 9, 2017

Scan date for NVC: April 5, 2017

Case Complete at NVC: June 7, 2017, checklist for W2s to take to interview

Medical scheduled for July 6, 2017

Interview in Ankara: July 19, 2017

Visa arrived July 21, 2017

Tickets bought for POE in September 2017! Can't wait!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
3 hours ago, tianbian123 said:

WOW, congratulations!!!! do you mind to tell your last 4 digitis of your receipt number , i am August 2nd too, nervous 

I guess that's fine -4254. I hope we'll all get through in the next week or so! It's so hard to wait!

Married May 14, 2011

NOA 1: August 2, 2016

NOA 2: February 9, 2017

Scan date for NVC: April 5, 2017

Case Complete at NVC: June 7, 2017, checklist for W2s to take to interview

Medical scheduled for July 6, 2017

Interview in Ankara: July 19, 2017

Visa arrived July 21, 2017

Tickets bought for POE in September 2017! Can't wait!

Filed: Other Country: Taiwan
Timeline

For those expecting NOA2 imminently, what other preparations are you making in the meantime?

I've gone ahead and requested tax transcripts for 2013-2015 to be delivered by regular mail. I guess depending upon timing I may end up needing 2016 as well. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

How long do you have to wait to be able to "Submit An Inquiry?" I thought I could submit an inquiry since I'd passed the 6 month mark yesterday (after NOA1). But the USCIS site wouldn't let me, it said "Your application or petition is currently within the posted processing times. An inquiry may not be created at this time."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
7 minutes ago, BlessingDawn said:

How long do you have to wait to be able to "Submit An Inquiry?" I thought I could submit an inquiry since I'd passed the 6 month mark yesterday (after NOA1). But the USCIS site wouldn't let me, it said "Your application or petition is currently within the posted processing times. An inquiry may not be created at this time."

You can call and have ask to speak with a tier 2 officer they can place the inquiry.  I called a few days ago and wad told that inquiries sometime delay your case a notch.  The agent that I spoke with was able to tell me that someone touched my case and to call or check back within a few days.  My PD 8/15

Filed: Other Timeline
4 hours ago, SJLOVE said:

You can call and have ask to speak with a tier 2 officer they can place the inquiry.  I called a few days ago and wad told that inquiries sometime delay your case a notch.  The agent that I spoke with was able to tell me that someone touched my case and to call or check back within a few days.  My PD 8/15

I called asked for a tier 2 officer twice. I was transferred to an automated system which informed me that I would be called back within 20 minutes. HOURS based and no call yet. Called again and still no call back. I believe people do not want to work at the Nebraska center. For sure, the worst customer service experience.

I have been checking case numbers from August 2, my priority date, and several more cases have been approved at Nebraska today. Two cases just a couple of case numbers in front of my case were just approved this afternoon. Hopefully they are finishing up the cluster of cases around my case and will approve mine before the day is over. They sure are extremely slow, but they are making some progress at least.

CR-1 Visa Timeline

USCIS

7/27/2016: I-130 mailed.

8/02/2016: NOA1.

2/17/2017: NOA2.

2/24/2017: I-130 sent to NVC.

NVC

3/03/2017:  I-130 received.

3/09/2017: Case # and invoice # received, AOS and IV fees paid.

3/16/2017: DS-260 submitted; AOS and IV packets sent with EP.

4/06/2017: Case complete.

Consulate

4/15/2017: Interview email (P4).

5/09/2017: Medical.

5/15/2017: Interview.

5/19/2017: Visa in hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA

5/20/2017: POE.

6/10/2017: Green card received.

7/05/2017: SSN card received (had to apply in person).  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lifting Conditions

4/19/2019: Filed I-751

5/01/2019: NOA (CSC)

7/22/2019: Case transferred to National Benefits Center

12/20/2019: Biometrics Appointment

2/12/2020: Interview Date

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi everyone! I've been a silent reader for a while but I think I'm finally ready to share our story and ask some questions! I'm a USC and my husband is from Scotland

Concurrently filed 485, 131, 765, 131, being processed at MSC

PD: 8/15/16

Biometrics completed: 9/2016

First RFE received: 10/2016

First RFE response sent: 10/2016 (stupidly forgot about I-864 affidavit of support)

Further evidence for first RFE sent: 11/2016 (when we sent the first one we were waiting on info that we didn't have just yet but wanted to get as much in as possible as soon as possible)

Second RFE received: 1/19/2017

When we received the second RFE I called the helpline to ask exactly what we needed to submit because the letter was very vague and we thought we'd sent more than enough evidence altogether. That person told me that he couldn't advise us over the phone and suggested we meet with an officer.

Infopass appt in Hartford office: 1/30/2017

Officer told us we had more than enough evidence and that the fact that things were sent separately probably meant that things may have gotten lost. She advised us to send everything over in a packet with a cover letter explaining the contents of the packet and that that's what we were advised to do. 

Second RFE response sent: 1/31/2017

Online updates:

9/9/2016: I-131 received on 8/15/2016

9/9/2016: I-130 received on 8/15/2016

2/3/2017: I-485 received RFE

2/10/2017: I-765 new card being produced 

We are ecstatic that my husband's I-765 was approved and that we should be receiving that card soon! We did file for the I-131 travel document as well, however that hasn't changed since everything was initially received in August. 

Does anyone know whether he'll have the combo card with both and i-131 just wasn't updated online yet or if I-131 hasn't been processed/approved yet? 

Thanks in advance for the input!!! It's so nice to know that there are so many of us going through the same processes and overall emotions!

Filed: Other Timeline
19 hours ago, Mavikobalt said:

I guess that's fine -4254. I hope we'll all get through in the next week or so! It's so hard to wait!

Thank you so much. my is 4777, we are far away, but the 4776 already approved.only one number ahead of me, I don't know how they function this.

On 2/8/2017 at 10:32 PM, susanm26 said:

It is the worst! 

Any update on your situation? Were yall able to get an interview soon?

5 hours ago, tianbian123 said:

Thank you so much. my is 4777, we are far away, but the 4776 already approved.only one number ahead of me, I don't know how they function this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I noticed as well other cases after mine had been approved, while mine was still as is. If you use the USCISAPP, you can search case numbers and it gives you what type of form that case number is associated with. So the case numbers after mine that have been approved or have a different status are forms other that the I-130. So maybe they separate the applications by type of form, and then work on them? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
4 hours ago, NimZz said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, I noticed as well other cases after mine had been approved, while mine was still as is. If you use the USCISAPP, you can search case numbers and it gives you what type of form that case number is associated with. So the case numbers after mine that have been approved or have a different status are forms other that the I-130. So maybe they separate the applications by type of form, and then work on them? 

The filing at Nebraska is strange. I used the Android app USCIS Case, application ending:

5018X - Aug 18

4416X - Aug 22

3764X - Aug 10 & 18 - 7 days - 10 applications

They are mixed up, so if a 3764 you see people processed and you hang as a 18 if you cannot see Aug 10 and just a number.

The choice of app is important.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.