kalelaimy

Who did complete his/her IR-1 / CR-1 visa journey quickly than expected ? Less Than 6 MONTHS

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello VJ users,

As the topic above Who did complete his/her IR-1 / CR-1 visa journey quickly than expected ? Less Than 6 MONTHS

I want you plz to share your experience with us and define which Service center was handeling your petition ?

What did you think made your journey within 6 months and so quickly ? Give us the reasons and procedure or is it was by luck ?

Thanks

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center : Potomac Service Center

Consulate : Egypt

Marriage (if applicable): 2016-05-24

I-130 Sent : 2016-07-21

I-130 NOA1 : 2016-07-25

I-130 NOA2 Approved : 2016-08-26

NVC Received : 2016-09-07

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2016-09-20
Submit DS-261 : 2016-09-20
Pay AOS Bill : 2016-09-20
Receive IV Bill : 2016-09-23
Pay IV Bill : 2016-09-24
Send AOS Package : 2016-09-26
Send IV Package : 2016-09-26
ٍSubmit DS-260: 2016-09-27
Scan Date: 2016-09-28

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello VJ users,

As the topic above Who did complete his/her IR-1 / CR-1 visa journey quickly than expected ? Less Than 6 MONTHS

I want you plz to share your experience with us and define which Service center was handeling your petition ?

What did you think made your journey within 6 months and so quickly ? Give us the reasons and procedure or is it was by luck ?

Thanks

I could have done my in 6 and 1/2 months if not delayed by my wife's paperwork specially PCC from India and her translated Doccunents. My I 130 was approved within 5 months or less from Nebraska Lincon Nabraska fild office

NVC stages could have been faster by few months if I did not wait for them to contact me I found out you need to call them all time specially DS261 agent selection and Intervew appointment

Want to Speed up NVC Process ?

Check Guides From Guide section for doccuments and list of stuff and follow this steps

Step 1 After USCIS NOA2 Gather all AOS / IV Package Documents In 3 weeks

Between USCIS Approving and NVC Case Number you have 2 to 3 weeks gather all AOS and IV Documents Get package ready.

Step 2 Obtain NVC Invoice and Case number.

​After 2 weeks of NOA2 Keep on Calling NVC every day to get case number And Invoice number

Step 3 Pay First Fee and DS261

After getting NVC Case Number and Invoice Number Log in to webpage Pay First Fee and Fill out DS261 Takes 24 to 38 Hr to get fee status paid.

Step 4 Conform Agent / Ds261 Over Phone and Sent out Documents

Once First fee turns Paid Online ( Usualy 24 to 48 hr) Call NVC And conform choice of agent over Phone If they won't keep on calling them Until someone will Or other fee won't be unlocked.Also Once you get Welcome letter on email Print out Document Checklist sheet And Sent in your documents to NVC

Step 5 Pay Other Fee and Fill out DS260 (Total time from DS 261 to here should be no longer then 15 days )

​Step 6 Conform Document delivery AT NVC And Ask them Processing Time..

Step 7 Check For CC ( Hopefully no REF )

Call them every other day 2 weeks from DS260 and Check status.. Also Check Online NVC Page If you have 3 N/A your case Complete! Congratulation you are almost done.

Step 8 48 Hr After CC Conformation Call NVC For appointment for interview

Congratulation On your NVC CC AND Good Luck with Interview

Need Help? Feel free to contact me Or Post in appropriate forum section

​Like my suggestion ?

Rep would be nice for help.

Help other and spread Knowledge!

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJ users,

Thanks

I have not completed mine since I would need to delay it due to my Police Clearance from Qatar but was expecting an approval from USCIS at a typical 4-5 months range. Got approved at exactly 2 months form application from Potomac Service center. I believe Front Loading the application helps in the approval meaning having it neatly arrange with all the information you could get your hands on to prove your case. Getting police clearances while waiting for the result would cut the time though you might need a new one in time for interview since thus expires in 6 months form date of issue, having multiple copies of civil documents e.g birth, marriage cert etc. I don't believe in luck so I would say God's grace and wisdom to do the paperwork and working on getting the next steps done. I was proactive in calling NVC to check if there was a case number for me. Called in again when I did my DS261 and they review it over the phone. Paid fees and thank God IV was available after 3 days. I have requested to move my consulate process (Philippines to Singapore) as well in my country of residence (working here) so I didn't fill out DS260 until I got a new case number. We started the process May 2016 so I could say things went by quick. About to submit the AOS and IV package but holding off due to the PCC this could probably be over it wasn't for that.

USCIS Process:
Sent I-130 (via USPS): April 28 2016
NOA1 hardcopy received: May 7, 2016
NOA2 approval text & email: July 6, 2016 (60 days from NOA1) :dancing:
Petition Recieved by NVC text & email: July 18, 2016

NVC Process:
Case number and IIN Assigned: August 3, 2016
Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: August 3, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: August 4, 2016
Pay AOS Fee: August 4, 2016
AOS Fee appeared as PAID: August 5, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: August 5, 2016
Pay IV Fee: August 10, 2016
IV Fee appeared as PAID: August 12, 2016
IV application (DS-260) completed: August 20, 2016
Sent AOS & IV packets (via Express Mail Singapore Post): September 23, 2016
Scan date: September 29,2016

3 NA in CEAC site: October 17, 2016 :dancing:
CC through phone: October 17, 2016
Confirmation of CC email received: October 24, 2016

Case "in transit": November 8,2016

Case "ready": November 17,2016

Interview Process:
Interview letter/P4 received via email: November 1, 2016

Medical (Singapore): November 11, 2016

Medical Sent to consulate: November 25, 2016

Interview Date: December 27, 2016

Interview Result: 221g for missing documents

Submit Documents: January 17, 2017

First Update: January 19, 2017

Submit Documents 2nd time : January 22, 2017 ( Approaching Chinese New Year )

Second Update : Feb 2, 2017

Ceac Status AP: until February 5, 2017

Ceac Status ISSUED: February 6, 2017

Visa ON HAND: February 7, 2017

POE: Philadelphia International Airport

US Entry: Feb 24, 2017

SS # received : Mar. 11, 2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Our interview is next week so from NOA 1 to Interview it was 6 months and 9 days.

I cant really give any advice as we were especially lucky I believe (Potomac in early days + EP at NVC) but we just prepared well every document and well in advance so that as soon as we could move on we did. Also, we spent a lot of time on the bona fide evidence to ensure that we wouldn't get an RFE

Got approved at exactly 2 months form application from Potomac Service center. I believe Front Loading the application helps in the approval meaning having it neatly arrange with all the information you could get your hands on to prove your case.

In your case, front loading and neat organisation had little to do with the speed of your I-130 approval. The nationality of the beneficiary was the key factor.

OP, you will note that some countries process faster than others. There's not much that can be done about that. But you can speed things up once USCIS have approved your case by having everything ready for the NVC stage and being proactive in calling NVC for the case number and to review the DS-261.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I remember when getting an interview for Egypt took 6 months on top of the normal wait for a cc.

Mine was 8.5 months from Start to interview. No rfe, Nebraska center cr1 but ALMOST all muslim men from mena countries get AP now so here we sit :/

Edited by FarrahIdir

7/30/2015 Sent I130 priority mail to have tracking, I suggest you do the same.

8/4/2015 NOA1 (Nebraska)

12/17/2015 NOA2

♤♤while waiting for noa2, I read this wiki to get through

NVC quickly ->http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

12/24/2015 Petition Sent to NVC from Nebraska

1/4/2016 petition received at NVC (call and confirm it arrives. About 15 days try to get your case number and receipt number, I got mine in 11 days)

1/15/2016 Called NVC and got case/invoice number logged into this site to pay fees, pick agent -> https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx 1/15/2016 picked agent DS-261

1/18/2016 paid aos fee

1/28/2016 review 261 to get iv fee unlocked ( unlocked once I did review,was taking to long)

2/1/ 2016 sent AOS & IV packets together to nvc while I waited for iv fee to open to save time.

2/4/2016 paid IV Fee and waited to do ds260

2/3/2016 nvc received aos and iv packets(scan date)

2/7/2016 ds260 completed and now waiting for cc

♧CASE COMPLETE. .. march 8th

3/11/15 interview email

4/20/15 shots 4/25/15 rest of medical exam

INTERVIEW APRIL 27TH @8:30

April 27th 221g for additional documentation and placed in administrative processsing.

June 20th submitted evidence requested

June 23rd case was touched by embassy

August 1st case was touched again.

AUGUST 16TH embassy called and wants a new co sponser yet he met requirements.

Found a new co-sponsor

Handed in aos sept 11th

Set 18th another update

Sept 28th update and embassy called

SEPT 29TH ISSUED FINALLY

OCT 2nd visa in hand

POE October 22nd 2016

APPROVED

It all depends on the country the beneficiary is from and if there were any delays such as RFE's or issues with documents sent. I'm still in the USCIS stage, will be 5 months on September 7. From what I've hear the NVC stage can be much faster, but it all depends on how quick you provide the documents that are needed and fee's paid.

MENA countries are all under mandatory AP.. which could take just a few weeks to several months. Everyone is different, there is no special or magical trick that will make it any faster.

My advice is just to stay calm, patient and always be honest and thorough with what you provide.

Best luck to you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.