10 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

If my fiancé is making 9.50 an hour now and is 2 thousand dollars above 100 percent poverty line and is getting a raise in 3 more months to 10.50 which would put us at 100 dollars more than 125 percent poverty line, will the consular check the 125 percent for the k1 visa or will they go off of the 100 percent above poverty line?

I am pretty sure tht my interview would be held before his raise (November 30 is when he is going to get his raise btw), so what can I do to make my interview smoother?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

what can I do to make my interview smoother?

Get a co-sponsor

<3  Our K-1 Visa Journey <3

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC received -- 05-13-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

Embassy received -- 5-22-2016

Interview Date -- 8-31-2016

Interview Result -- APPROVED!!!

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

<3 MARRIAGE -- 10-21-2016 <3

AOS, EAD, AND AP Filed 01-05-2017

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

EAD and AP approved -- 05-19-2017

AOS approved -- 08-24-2017

Received card -- 09-01-2017

❤ Baby boy is here!! December 26th 2017 ❤

Timeline

Get a co-sponsor

Also, this is for k1 visa interview.. would they still look at the 125 percent then??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If my fiancé is making 9.50 an hour now and is 2 thousand dollars above 100 percent poverty line and is getting a raise in 3 more months to 10.50 which would put us at 100 dollars more than 125 percent poverty line, will the consular check the 125 percent for the k1 visa or will they go off of the 100 percent above poverty line?

I am pretty sure tht my interview would be held before his raise (November 30 is when he is going to get his raise btw), so what can I do to make my interview smoother?

Dear, you only need to meet 100% for the K1 to be approved

But, you'll need to meet 125% for the Adjustment of Status.

Timeline

Dear, you only need to meet 100% for the K1 to be approved

But, you'll need to meet 125% for the Adjustment of Status.

Thanks for replying back!

But are you sure about 100% ??

Sorry, but this is confusing the heck outta me, some say, when i looked up other forums, that you gottu have 125% and some say it depends on the consulate?!!!

also, can we extend the interview on a later date? or is it not allowed?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks for replying back!

But are you sure about 100% ??

Sorry, but this is confusing the heck outta me, some say, when i looked up other forums, that you gottu have 125% and some say it depends on the consulate?!!!

also, can we extend the interview on a later date? or is it not allowed?

I am sure.

I-134 for K1 visas is required to meet 100% of the poverty guidelines.

125% of the poverty guidelines is only required when form 1-864 is needed i.e AOS.

Visit:

https://travel.state.gov

Edited by SB&RH

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved form Memb. Intro. to K1 Process Forum~

~Inquiry about K1 process~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Good luck on your journey!

Thank you so much for taking time and replying to my queries! God bless and have a nice day! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance is back in the Philippines now, but worked on Qatar for 6 years. What steps do she need to take on getting a NBI security clearance from that country. I heard it will be needed for her interview at the embassy coming up hopefully this fall. She got her NBI clearance and fingerprinted last week in Manila. She still have her passport when she entered and departed Qatar. Is possible she can gather her other documents needed and send them directly to Qatar herself or will she need a representative from that country to do it for her?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.