Jump to content

Lost I-94. Filling for a US Citizen's father. Help?

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Good Evening,

My father came to the US (2003) with a B2 visa but he overstayed it. Now, I am 21 and US Citizen, and I would like to petition for him. Only problem is that he lost his I-94 and the passport of the stamp. All he has is the Visa passport and a copy of his stamped passport. However, he has requested a copy of his I-94 twice but they have been denied due to a lack of proof to find it. Could I just go ahead and send the application to Adjust his Status?
What would be the chances of him getting approved? Has anyone experienced something like this before?
I will appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks.
Edited by honda13

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is he inside USA? if so there is no problem i found this lawyer opinion at this page. http://www.lawqa.com/qa/can-us-citizen-sponsor-parent-who-has-overstayed-on-visitor-visa-for-more-than-10-years-what-are-complications

Parents of US citizens are considered immediate relatives, thus your parents should not have any problems when they apply for adjustment of status as long as they entered the country with inspection - even if they overstayed their visitor visa by more than 10 years. The total fee that they will pay to USCIS is $1,490 per person. They do not need to file any waivers unless there are other issues of inadmissibility. The entire process is currently taking approximately 4-6 months.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

To adjust status he needs to show that he entered with inspection. As the rest of your post is confusing to say the least I will leave it at that.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.