11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey Guys, We got RFE Yesterday, August 18, 2016. What should we do first? What other documents they need? i think we sent all the docs base on 129f requirements posted in the page. How many weeks or months they will process? what service center do i send the additional docs?

thank u in advance guys..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Take it easy, you need to wait until you get the paper in the mail so you can see what they need .

After that it won't take much...usually under 2 weeks after they receive the ,,missing'' stuff !

Best of luck

AOS - PENDING

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

The first thing you need to do is take a deep breath and relax.Do not freak out it's a RFE not a denial.Everything is gonna be alright.Just follow the guidelines and give them what they ask from you.Best of luck...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

i got same RFE Dear take it easy i know first once you hear its RFE you think that is the final but trust me they won't denied and they approve withing two weeks , now im in NVC Stage

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wait for the RFE notice, supply them with what they are requesting, make copies of what your sending them along with the RFE notice. Keep for your records.

Attach your RFE paperwork to the Original RFE notice (place on top) and send to the address list on the paper......

It also don't hurt to write your case number on the papers your sending them incase they get separated from the RFE notice.

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Wait for the RFE notice, supply them with what they are requesting, make copies of what your sending them along with the RFE notice.

Keep for your records.

Attach your RFE paperwork to the Original RFE notice (place on top) and send to the address list on the paper......

It also don't hurt to write your case number on the papers your sending them incase they get separated from the RFE notice.

Yes, this. I know it's frustrating to receive the RFE e-mail and have no idea what it could be for. Try to relax and be patient. The RFE should be a minor bump in the road and a short delay. When you reply, consider sending the package by overnight mail. You'll get a confirmation that it arrived and you'll cut out a few days (or more) of mail time.

Timeline

It is no worries, it could be for something small. Who knows. Like the others have stated, you will find out what you need to do in the letter. Follow the instructions, take it seriously and turn it in quickly. Just a minor speed bump. The whole process is really quick, from initial filing to interview. You will see. It feels like forever when waiting on that NOA2, but it comes and goes so fast.

I did not receive an RFE during the i-129f filing, but did receive two RFE's on the i-864 form during the AOS filing. One was just a completely boneheaded mistake on my part. I filled out the house hold size wrong. I did not read thoroughly. The second one was because I did not submit the IRS Tax Transcripts with the filing. I did not do this for the i-129f and passed, but failed on the i-485. So now I am waiting on the outcome of submitting these corrections to them. Ordering the transcripts are easy BTW, just log on to the IRS website and search Tax Transcripts, go through a couple of questions and they will mail them to you. I received mine in five business days. Easy.

Again, no worries. If you need help, we are here.

K1 VISA

I-129F Sent:                2015-12-15
I-129F NOA1:              2015-12-24
I-129F NOA2:              2016-02-05

NVC Received:            2016-02-19
Case # Assigned:        2016-02-19
NVC Left:                    2016-02-22
Consulate Received:   2016-02-24
Packet 3 Received:     2016-03-03

Interview Date:            2016-03-29
Interview Result:         Approved

Visa Received:           2016-04-06
US Entry:                   2016-04-09
Marriage:                   2016-05-17

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed:               2016-06-16
NOA Date:               2016-06-20
RFE:                        2016-07-30  
   2 RFE's on this date. I did not fill out i-865 household size properly.
    I also needed to send them my IRS Tax Transcripts for proof of meeting
    minimum income requirement.

Biometrics:              2016-08-19
RFE:                       2016-10-06

2 more FRE's on this date. We received the dreaded medical, go straight to
    the civil surgeon :(  Total cost of $366
    And the other one was for proof of continuing relationship. We sent in
    some pictures and our Ultrasound pictures :D

Approval/Denial Date:  2016-11-26
Approved:                   YES

Timeline

Wait for the RFE notice, supply them with what they are requesting, make copies of what your sending them along with the RFE notice. Keep for your records.

post-219987-0-18270900-1471655431_thumb.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.