Beast23

joint sponsor

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Kind of childish telling folks to grow up if they don't have sufficient income or don't have a job. There are many folks around the US unemployed without wanting to be unemployed and they still have wives/husbands.

From the looks of it you're an attorney? Not really good business tactic in my eyes. This site is used for helping people. Not talking down to them as you have some sort of power trip. I'm sure everyone has been unemployed at a certain time of their life. Doesn't mean they're not "grown up".

some people are just think we married for me to get over there and that's it ..

well not everybody like them .. + they think that oh they request for money then they can't work .. well we are not 40+ .. we are 25 , and we have jobs . it's all about waiting .. anyway thank you for your replay .. and good luck

Edited by Beast23

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Kind of childish telling folks to grow up if they don't have sufficient income or don't have a job. There are many folks around the US unemployed without wanting to be unemployed and they still have wives/husbands.

From the looks of it you're an attorney? Not really good business tactic in my eyes. This site is used for helping people. Not talking down to them as you have some sort of power trip. I'm sure everyone has been unemployed at a certain time of their life. Doesn't mean they're not "grown up".

Absolutely agreed, sarcasm is completely irrelevant here. OP, does your wife have a family in the States? Her family doesn't want to help you out as joint sponsor? Or friends?

• Got married - 9/26/2014
  • I-130 filed - 9/22/2016
  • NOA1(Went to Nebraska) - 9/27/2016 
  • Got transferred to Texas Service Center - 2/23/2017
  • NOA2 - 3/28/2017 
  • Got sent to NVC - 3/31/2017 
  • NVC received our case - 4/7/2017
  • Case number assigned - 4/6/2017
  • DS-261 Filled out - 4/10/2017
  • Welcome letter/invoice received - 4/11/2017
  • AOS fee payed - 4/12/2017
  • IV fee payed - 4/14/2017
  • Completed DS-260 Application - 4/20/2017
  • Sent documents to NVC - 5/15/2017
  • Scan Date - 5/19/2017
  • Case Complete at NVC - 7/19/2017
  • Interview date released - 8/1/2017
  • Interview date - 9/6/2017 - Approved!
  •  

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

she is working

she mad 10k so far .. well the point that we need that join sponsor ..

If she is working, how much is she making each week, each two weeks or each month? (Gross before any deductions) It sounds like there may be some confusion about how "current income" is calculated. If she's making over $400 a week, her current income qualifies for a household of two, and no joint sponsor is needed.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm not an attorney and I'm not being sarcastic. Sometimes the help people need, is straight talk. Often it isn't what they want to hear. Realizing this is an adult undertaking and that the practical adult issues need to be addressed directly, is the "help"...I...think this couple needs. Opinions vary.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Absolutely agreed, sarcasm is completely irrelevant here. OP, does your wife have a family in the States? Her family doesn't want to help you out as joint sponsor? Or friends?

only her father [Disabled] - her mom [have 2 brothers - made 23k last year ]

friends - they let us down , they agree then after that they just run away or start excuses to appear [we offered small amount of money as a gift also ]

If she is working, how much is she making each week, each two weeks or each month? (Gross before any deductions) It sounds like there may be some confusion about how "current income" is calculated. If she's making over $400 a week, her current income qualifies for a household of two, and no joint sponsor is needed.

she make around 1200$ per week

btw : when she can make her taxes [she start to work in april ]

You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm not an attorney and I'm not being sarcastic. Sometimes the help people need, is straight talk. Often it isn't what they want to hear. Realizing this is an adult undertaking and that the practical adult issues need to be addressed directly, is the "help"...I...think this couple needs. Opinions vary.

well i am asking for something and i explained , i have asked everybody i know , kinda out of options here , i was just wondering if there's a way to find a joint sponsor that's it , and well some people just want to be together faster ? have a stable life faster ? so i don't see what's the problem ?

so if i asked for a joint sponsor that's making me childish ? no u don't know what i am doing , if we are responsible or not , i am not gonna tell u my personal story , i asked for help from people that have more knowledge more than me in that specific thing and that's my point , calling me childish is just disrespectful ..

Edited by Beast23

Filed: Other Country: Poland
Timeline

Sure opinions vary, but that doesn't change the fact there is a joint sponsor option in the process for folks that can't meet the requirements. Also doesn't change the fact that thousands have done it with a joint sponsor and succeeded.

"Straight talk" is only your opinion so in this instance, you should have followed your opinion statements and said "opinion talk".

This isn't the first time I've seen you act this way to another member. People don't come here to be disrespected. Obviously not just me but the OP found it a bit disrespectful.

Timeline

Sure opinions vary, but that doesn't change the fact there is a joint sponsor option in the process for folks that can't meet the requirements. Also doesn't change the fact that thousands have done it with a joint sponsor and succeeded.

"Straight talk" is only your opinion so in this instance, you should have followed your opinion statements and said "opinion talk".

This isn't the first time I've seen you act this way to another member. People don't come here to be disrespected. Obviously not just me but the OP found it a bit disrespectful.

There is not a joint sponsor option for this couple. This is a present tense discussion about one case. It appears as though the petitioner's current income qualifies, so she "got a job" and solved the problem. They simply don't understand yet that they don't have to show this income on a tax return, in order to qualify. I'll be "helping" them understand that momentarily.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

she make around 1200$ per week

so if i asked for a joint sponsor that's making me childish ? no u don't know what i am doing , if we are responsible or not , i am not gonna tell u my personal story , i asked for help from people that have more knowledge more than me in that specific thing and that's my point , calling me childish is just disrespectful ..

I didn't call you childish. I said this is a grown-up activity. There's a difference, you may not understand. If you feel disrespected, so be it.

However, it looks like your wife qualifies on her own. She does not need to show this income on a tax return. The affidavit of support (I-864 needed in this case, not I-864EZ) does ask for information from past tax returns, but that's not how the sponsor qualifies on income, unless they are "self employed". If your wife has a "job" as an "employee", then she states her income by multiplying her actual or average weekly income by 52. That's what will qualify her, even if she has zero income to enter for any prior year.

Forget about a joint sponsor. Your wife already "got a job" and already qualifies as your sponsor. Mentioning that up front, would have taken this discussion in an entirely different direction. Now, it's time for your wife to carefully study the I-864 instructions, then come back with any questions she has remaining, regarding proper preparation of the affidavit.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

I didn't call you childish. I said this is a grown-up activity. There's a difference, you may not understand. If you feel disrespected, so be it.

However, it looks like your wife qualifies on her own. She does not need to show this income on a tax return. The affidavit of support (I-864 needed in this case, not I-864EZ) does ask for information from past tax returns, but that's not how the sponsor qualifies on income, unless they are "self employed". If your wife has a "job" as an "employee", then she states her income by multiplying her actual or average weekly income by 52. That's what will qualify her, even if she has zero income to enter for any prior year.

Forget about a joint sponsor. Your wife already "got a job" and already qualifies as your sponsor. Mentioning that up front, would have taken this discussion in an entirely different direction. Now, it's time for your wife to carefully study the I-864 instructions, then come back with any questions she has remaining, regarding proper preparation of the affidavit.

can u show me the part that u are talking about

Timeline

Read the I-864, and see where it asks for current income. Study the I-864 instructions completely, but there's a step by step section that addresses "current income". You can document the current income with a current pay stub.

Some of this you just have to "know". Do your homework, then ask specific questions about the form if you have them.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Read the I-864, and see where it asks for current income. Study the I-864 instructions completely, but there's a step by step section that addresses "current income". You can document the current income with a current pay stub.

Some of this you just have to "know". Do your homework, then ask specific questions about the form if you have them.

well our lawyer said we can't do that

even when we can get the letter

but we receive the money to the bank directly [bank statement can work in that case ?]

Timeline

Your lawyer is wrong. I expect your wife can download a pay stub from the employer's website. If not, she can get an employer letter, stating her employment date and current earnings.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Get a new lawyer

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Cease and desist with the bickering or appropriate action will be taken.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.