Love_A_Brit

What causes delay between NOA2 and NVC case number?

179 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just wanted to update everyone on our situation:

I heard back from my incredible congresswoman's office- she told me she had spoken with a USCIS liason and that our case had been *officially* sent to the NVC as of August 19th, and that the liason had absolutely no idea why the delay occurred. Based on the office's choice of words in the email, I believe my petition has likely been flagged for expedited processing, and the congressional office will be personally following up with the NVC on Friday to make sure it has arrived safely.

I am so relieved, but I will be even more relieved when the application has finally been received. I am still confused about the USCIS telling me the petition was sent on July 1st.. unless, as I said before, that was only the electronic version of the case.

Literally the only thing I can figure is that our case was stuck in someone's drawer or behind a filing cabinet, and I am sure I'm not the only one.

I'm sending my thoughts and prayers to all of you still in this fight- and to anyone in a similar situation who has not posted here- GET IN TOUCH WITH YOUR SENATOR OR REPRESENTATIVE. They are the only people the USCIS/NVC will actually give straight answers to.

Stay strong, my friends. Will continue to keep you all updated.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Just wanted to update everyone on our situation:

I heard back from my incredible congresswoman's office- she told me she had spoken with a USCIS liason and that our case had been *officially* sent to the NVC as of August 19th, and that the liason had absolutely no idea why the delay occurred. Based on the office's choice of words in the email, I believe my petition has likely been flagged for expedited processing, and the congressional office will be personally following up with the NVC on Friday to make sure it has arrived safely.

I am so relieved, but I will be even more relieved when the application has finally been received. I am still confused about the USCIS telling me the petition was sent on July 1st.. unless, as I said before, that was only the electronic version of the case.

Literally the only thing I can figure is that our case was stuck in someone's drawer or behind a filing cabinet, and I am sure I'm not the only one.

I'm sending my thoughts and prayers to all of you still in this fight- and to anyone in a similar situation who has not posted here- GET IN TOUCH WITH YOUR SENATOR OR REPRESENTATIVE. They are the only people the USCIS/NVC will actually give straight answers to.

Stay strong, my friends. Will continue to keep you all updated.

That is great news! Very happy for you and keep us updated when you reach NVC which hopefully will indeed be Friday.

I arrived back to the states and just got my package reconstructed to send to USCIS tomorrow to the specified person who is supposed to be helping me with this issue according to my senators office. Really hoping that this is taken seriously and this person actually expeditedly sends my package to NVC in the correct fashion this time and QUICK because I am just super tired of waiting! I will keep updating also.

No solid updates...nothing of consequence anyway.

I finally reached a Tier II USCIS Immigration officer this morning. The gist of the conversation went like this:

TIER II USCIS IMMIGRATION OFFICER

Sir, USICS approved your from I129F on 07 July 2016 and your petition was sent immediately to NVC. If NVC claims they haven't received your petition, its likely that they do have it in their possession and they have yet to process it, meaning, they haven't entered it into their system yet. As of right now, the fate of your case rests in the hands of NVC. Be advised that cases are sent from the CSC to NVC in bulk. It could take up to eight weeks before NVC processes your case and acknowledges receipt. I would encourage you to continue to call NVC daily to check the status of your case.

ME:

GRRRRR!!!

By the way, I contacted NVC research Friday afternoon via their email and requested that a case be opened to track the current status of our case. I also reached out to my Senator's office and initiated an investigation.

Will continue to keep you all updated. Praying for good news.

any updates on your end? thinking of you and praying!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

any updates on your end? thinking of you and praying!

No updates yet. Haven't heard from Senator Kaine's office. I wouldn't expect to hear anything until next week.

I got an email from NVC Research that says, "...we do not have any record of receiving your approved petition from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)."

Duh! I already knew that. That was the whole purpose of asking NVC Research to begin an investigation, right?!? We are now at seven weeks since NOA2. Here's to hoping next week brings good news. Its so sad that Dyn could actually be here right now, and instead, we haven't even cleared the NVC stage yet.

Thanks for your prayers and kind thoughts. Keep praying please!

Greg & Dyn

MEETING

12 March 2012: Met Dyn at a coffee shop in Kuwait

Summer 2012: I returned home to the U.S. to prepare a way for Dyn

Fall 2014: Dyn returns home to Philippines after seven years in Kuwait

ANNULMENT

February 2014: Engaged while I visited Philippines

March 2014: Officially hired attorney and filed for Dyn's annulment in Bohol, Philippines

December 2015: Bohol District Court issues decision in our favor

December 2015: Judge sends transcript of his decision to OSG for processing

February 05 2016: OSG returned receipt and approval to district court in Bohol. CoF to be issued end of second week in February

February 09 2016: Dyn is presented with the Entry of Judgment and her Certificate of Finality via the local court.

February 15 2016: LCR issues annotated marriage certificate, and necessary documents are forwarded to the NSO / PSA visa LBC

April 19 2016: Received CENOMAR and Annotated MC from PSA via private courier. DONE! COMPLETE! FINISHED! OFFICIAL!

I-129F / K1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS

April 04 2016: I-129F sent to Texas Lockbox via USPS Priority Mail

April 12 2016: Email from USCIS acceptance confirmation

April 17 2016: Official NOA1 hard copy received

July 12 2016: NOA2 Approval hard copy received

July 14 2016: Post Decision Activity email from USCIS

THE LONG WAIT (USCIS misplaced approved petition)

September 16 2016: NVC received approved I-129F petition and assigns case number

INTERVIEW / MEDICAL PROCESS

October 04 2016: Day 1 of medical at SLEC in Manila

October 05 2016: Psychiatric evaluation off-site due to psychological incapacity annulment (10 hour eval with 800 question profile test)

October 13 2016: CFO Seminar completed successfully and certificate awarded (CFO stamp not issued until visa is presented).

October 20 2016: Return to SLEC complete psychological evaluation with resident psychologist (less than ten minutes)

October 21 2016: Vaccination day at SLEC (medical finally complete)

October 25 2016: Visa interview at USEM in Manila (APPROVED)

HOMECOMING

November 19 2016: Dyn's arrival at POE Dulles IAD in Washington DC

December 01 2016: Married

Timeline

I feel the same way, really frustrated that my fiancee shouldve had his interview by now and already been here or getting ready to travel here.

I sent out my reconstructed I-129f packet today to USCIS addressed to the specific officer that is in contact with my Senator. It should be there by Monday. Wish I had a direct phone number to her so I could bug her all day long about it until she sends it out to NVC - i think its the least they could do considering they lost my packet and made me go insane for almost 3 months now.

I will keep updating you guys, let me know how everything goes for you guys and lets try to enjoy our weekends :cry:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I feel the same way, really frustrated that my fiancee shouldve had his interview by now and already been here or getting ready to travel here.

I sent out my reconstructed I-129f packet today to USCIS addressed to the specific officer that is in contact with my Senator. It should be there by Monday. Wish I had a direct phone number to her so I could bug her all day long about it until she sends it out to NVC - i think its the least they could do considering they lost my packet and made me go insane for almost 3 months now.

I will keep updating you guys, let me know how everything goes for you guys and lets try to enjoy our weekends :cry:

dont worry, you will forget these days in the future, tell this story to your kids :P

it is so frustrating i couldnt wait like you. if you would just cancel k-1 and make a new one even this one would be faster choice.

AOS, EAD
Spoiler

Sent (i-485, i-765) : 4 March '17

Received: 6 March '17

Noa1: 22 March '17

Hardcopy received: 25 March '17

I-485 RFIE: 29 March '17

RFIE response received: 19 April '17

Biometrics: 20 April '17

Service Request: 12 June '17 (100 days)

Answer: Case is in our current processing time 13 June '17

2nd Service Request: 3 July '17 (118 days)

New card is producing: 5 July '17 (120 days) NOTE* they didn't even assign someone to my Service request.

K1 
Spoiler

Sent : 6 June '16

Noa1 : 9 June '16

Noa2 : 18 August '16

NVC Received: 30 August '16

Case Number Assigned: 1 September '16

Interview date: 5 December '16

Missing papers: i-134 and police record. Gonna send ASAP.

Sent missing papers : 3 January '17

Ap : 5 January '17

Ap update and got mail that says documents received: 9 January '17

Ready and nonimmigrant visa: 13 January '17

Issued: 17 January '17

Visa in the hand: 18 January '17

POE: 26 January '17

Marriage Date: 3 February '17

TOOK  7 MONTHS

Timeline

Just got off of the phone with USCIS. What a joke, and what a lack of sympathy those people have. Man, I hope my senator's office can get better answers than I did.

So, I spoke to a tier II immigration officer who was able to verify that the California Service Center still has our case and they never transferred it. Last week they told me it was sent to NVC back in July. Approval was seven weeks ago, by the way. WTH?!? There is no explanation why and no reason given. I tried to explain to the officer (who was some young punk by the way) that most people who applied with us and were approved after us have already cleared the NVC stage. All he could say was, "Yup....I hear that a lot", and then he chuckled. He told me most people normally wait about three to four months for cases to be transferred from USCIS to NVC. I said, that's BS and you know it. Maybe in rare situations it takes three or four months, but don't you dare tell me that waiting that long is the norm. I know better. And because he is some young kid with no real experience, he tried pulling the old, "Well I work for the Department of Homeland Security and yadda yadda yadda."

I was NOT in a good mood at this point and I said, well for your information I hold clearances with the Department of Homeland Security and the TSA, and by the way, I carry an active TSSCI clearance with the Department of Defense...oh, and I work at the Pentagon. He actually stopped being cocky for a minute. Sadly, my creds didn't get me anywhere.

I asked again why our case hadn't been sent. Either he didn’t know or he just wouldn’t tell me. I got the impression that he just didn’t care. He was more interested in getting onto the next phone call. He also told me that he can see that I have called twice before and I didn't need to call anymore. He told me to wait four months and if I don't hear anything, I should call back then. I want to scream right now and punch something. This is absolutely ridiculous.

The sickening part of all of this, the I797 Approval has an expiration on it. If I wait four months, it will be expired. What then? Please, if you work for the USCIS, shed some light on this situation. Give me some answers. This is my life you are putting on hold.

MEETING

ANNULMENT

March 2014: Officially hired attorney and filed for Dyn's annulment in Bohol, Philippines

February 05 2016: OSG returned receipt and approval to district court in Bohol. CoF to be issued end of second week in February

February 09 2016: Dyn is presented with the Entry of Judgment and her Certificate of Finality via the local court.

February 15 2016: LCR issues annotated marriage certificate, and necessary documents are forwarded to the NSO / PSA visa LBC

April 19 2016: Received CENOMAR and Annotated MC from PSA via private courier. DONE! COMPLETE! FINISHED! OFFICIAL!

September 16 2016: NVC received approved I-129F petition and assigns case number

October 05 2016: Psychiatric evaluation off-site due to psychological incapacity annulment (10 hour eval with 800 question profile test)

October 13 2016: CFO Seminar completed successfully and certificate awarded (CFO stamp not issued until visa is presented).

October 20 2016: Return to SLEC complete psychological evaluation with resident psychologist (less than ten minutes)

HOMECOMING

Timeline

Oh, and because bad luck seems to be distributed in abundance as of late, I called my senator's office this morning because I hadn't heard anything from them in a full week. As it turns out, the immigration liaison in Constituent Services just happens to be on vacation. She was gone all last week and part of this week. Grrrrrrr!!!

MEETING

ANNULMENT

HOMECOMING

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

You can have the i-129f approval extended. Most embassies extend it by four months at a time for up to a year. Call the embassy and check if they automatically extend it or if you have to send them something for them to do it.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline

Oh, and because bad luck seems to be distributed in abundance as of late, I called my senator's office this morning because I hadn't heard anything from them in a full week. As it turns out, the immigration liaison in Constituent Services just happens to be on vacation. She was gone all last week and part of this week. Grrrrrrr!!!

WHAT A JOKE. USCIS has also told me before not to call until my 90 days is up. I was told the same spiel as you , and eventually my senators office was able to get some answers and ofcourse they basically lost my package. BS !!

I really wish your senators immigration team wasnt on vacation because I know how important it is to get them to start contacting USCIS and NVC so you can get some answers. You are WAY over normal processing times, IDC what USCIS says..... we both know that its not normal they will say anything to get you off the phone and off their backs.

I'm sorry I don't even know what to say anymore.... maybe try again this week to try to get luck with a nicer maybe more helpful TIER II officer?? (if that even exists)

as for me- my reconstructed petition was delivered to the USCIS office today and I hope this specific officer who it was addressed to will EXPEDITEDLY SEND MY CASE TO NVC and not hold that for weeks!!!

Timeline

any updates?

I received an email from Senators office this morning stating that USCIS let them know that they received my reconstructed package and will be assigned to the appropriate unit for review...please allow additional time and an update will be provided when more information is available....

Can't help but be nervous and feel like my case is going to be forgotten or take forever to be "reviewed"- i dont get why i need to be reviewed, im approved!

Timeline

No updates. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero.

Eleven days into the Senator's investigation, and not a word from anybody. The NVC research team has not responded either.

Depending on who I talk to at USCIS, some say the case was sent to NVC in July. Others claim it is still at the California Service Center. My confidence isn't very high right now. Even they can't figure out their own system.

Congrats on your advancements. That's a BIG deal. I will keep you posted. You do the same.

Greg

MEETING

ANNULMENT

HOMECOMING

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Well in my case I have not yet got the chance to make my interview, and I wrote to the NVC Expedite email to ask them what was going on since my fiancee is pregnant and she's giving birth soon. I got this answer from them:

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition: CRSXXXX filed by XXXXXXXX on behalf of GABRIEL XXXXX

This petition is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. You will be notified with further instructions when the processing is complete.

So this means I got a case # from them but I'm still unable to make an appointment, and I don't know how long this is goin to take for them to finish this administrative processing.

Timeline

any updates?

I received an email from Senators office this morning stating that USCIS let them know that they received my reconstructed package and will be assigned to the appropriate unit for review...please allow additional time and an update will be provided when more information is available....

Can't help but be nervous and feel like my case is going to be forgotten or take forever to be "reviewed"- i dont get why i need to be reviewed, im approved!

Wait...what???

USCIS has to review your case again? Seriously? Why couldn't you send it straight to NVC since you already have your approval? God forbid this happens all over again. I can't believe this. Will they expedite it or treat it like any other case and take another six weeks to send to NVC?

MEETING

ANNULMENT

HOMECOMING

Timeline

hey guys, just an update.

I got an email today from NVCresearch - keep in mind I have not emailed them in like over 3 weeks.

The email said: USCIS has notified us that the petition is on its way to NVC. we will notify you when we receive the petition.

YAY. i think, i hope, i pray lol.

Thinking this is true because from what I have heard, USCIS sends out petitions to NVC on fridays, so today was friday- and im sure they contacted nvc today to let them know they FINALLY sent it over today. Fingers crossed its true and I'm at NVC next week!

have a good weekend guys. prayers for all that are still waiting.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.