Skull

N-400 August 2016 Filers

1,617 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
Just now, CCN400 said:

Thanks for the response man. These forums keep me sane :)

Yea you're totally within a normal processing time, Chicago is running slow, about two weeks behind a lot of other field offices).  I would only start to worry in a couple of weeks if you don't hear anything.

I had my interview and test earlier today in Denver, the questions were real easy, who is my states governor, where is the statue of Liberty, who was the first president, what was the civil rights movement and 2 I have forgotten. I took with me the paperwork it said on the appointment letter: former divorce paperwork, birth certificates, marriage license, passports and Green Card and I.D. But they only needed the I.D. and Green Card. The process took about 20 minutes and I was told I had passed and was to be scheduled in for my oath ceremony within 30 days.

I was asked if I had voted, if I had lied to a government official, if I was a member of a communist organization and if I was a member of  terrorist group! Very straightforward and no troubles at all.

To anyone that hasn't had theirs yet, don't worry it will come soon enough. Good luck everyone

Hey everyone! I just wanted to let you know I passed my interview! Unfortunately my interview was late so I'll have to come back for the oath. As I was leaving the building I got the notification that my oath has been scheduled. The interview was super low stress, the officer and I were both chatty which really relaxed me.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!! It's been such a long road for some of us...

P.s. I was nervous because since I sent my n400 application I  changed jobs and traveled out of the country. I brought some paperwork to support it and it wasn't a problem at all. He just updated my application. 

Edited by javierita

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline
39 minutes ago, javierita said:

Hey everyone! I just wanted to let you know I passed my interview! Unfortunately my interview was late so I'll have to come back for the oath. As I was leaving the building I got the notification that my oath has been scheduled. The interview was super low stress, the officer and I were both chatty which really relaxed me.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!! It's been such a long road for some of us...

P.s. I was nervous because since I sent my n400 application I  changed jobs and traveled out of the country. I brought some paperwork to support it and it wasn't a problem at all. He just updated my application. 

Congratulations @javierita

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My wife just got her Interview letter in the mail. It's scheduled for May 9th... the day after her birthday :) Now she needs to really focus on studying for those questions. She's been busy with her new business.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
23 hours ago, javierita said:

Congrats!!!

When is your oath? Seattle is my FO as well and I have my interview coming up in a couple weeks. I was wondering what the timeline for the oath is, when one can't do same day oath. Also, did they say what times they had the oath the day you were interviewed? I hear they do it at different times throughout the week. Thanks!

3 hours ago, MikloGoesLegit said:

Congrats!!!

When is your oath? Seattle is my FO as well and I have my interview coming up in a couple weeks. I was wondering what the timeline for the oath is, when one can't do same day oath. Also, did they say what times they had the oath the day you were interviewed? I hear they do it at different times throughout the week. Thanks!

Thank you so much! I'm so excited that things are coming together for us here in Seattle. I still don't have my oath date sadly so I can't tell you, but I'll let you know. The officer said he wasn't sure about what times are when, but that he knows some are at 11:30am , some at 2:30pm , something like that. My interview was at 2:30pm which is a huge bummer! I got called in around 3:15pm and came out around 4pm. By the time I left there were not a lot of people left. I heard they stop letting people in at 3pm? Anyway... Good luck to you and I'll keep you updated on when the oath gets scheduled :)

On 4/3/2017 at 2:35 PM, Kamex009 said:

@phunkyvida Thank you very much !

Does any one know that if "changing jobs" before the Interview, could raise a red flag ? or am I being too paranoid ?

I changed jobs and brought my hire letter and pay stub. He looked at my letter to type the address of my new job and my job title. He wasn't concerned about it all. We talked briefly about it and then he made changes. (my new job is in the same field so I don't know if they'll be more picky about people  changing careers completely... Although I don't see why it should matter) 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi all, I had my interview on Wednesday, everything went well, no problems besides the computer issues the officer had, because of these issues I didn't get my oath date yet, on the other hand I was at the FO only for about an hour.

@Kamex009 my job title changed, I had no documentation and it wasn't an issue at all. I know, only title change, but still ...

P.s. I met Skull and he passed too!

Filed: Timeline

Hi @javierita ; @MikloGoesLegit

I am one of the applicant from Seattle and my filed date is 8/23. Also i am one of those IOE applicants and i have not heard anything after my FP done on 9/12. 

Are you both IOE applicants? Can you help me with any information you have that will help me to figure out what can I expect an interview date? I called USCIS and L1 officer told me that you are still within normal processing time.

Anyone else from Seattle who is still waiting?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by seattleperson

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
13 hours ago, javierita said:

Thank you so much! I'm so excited that things are coming together for us here in Seattle. I still don't have my oath date sadly so I can't tell you, but I'll let you know. The officer said he wasn't sure about what times are when, but that he knows some are at 11:30am , some at 2:30pm , something like that. My interview was at 2:30pm which is a huge bummer! I got called in around 3:15pm and came out around 4pm. By the time I left there were not a lot of people left. I heard they stop letting people in at 3pm? Anyway... Good luck to you and I'll keep you updated on when the oath gets scheduled :)

Great! I follow other forums and I read someone just went for their interview and got their oath scheduled two weeks after. Hope yours comes soon!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

My wife had her interview on the 5th and passed. Said it was very easy and we were only there for 75 minutes total. Her ceremony is scheduled for April 13th. Good luck to everyone and thanks for all information and help along the way.

OUR K-1 JOURNEYMET ONLINE 2011MET IN BELARUS 2012SHE SAID YES!! 2012NOA1 06/22/2012WENT TO GREECE TOGETHER 08/01/2012VISITED HER IN BELARUS 11/07/2012NOA2 VIA EMAIL 12/05/2012EMBASSY INTERVIEW 02/13/2013VISA ISSUED 02/14/2013ARRIVED IN THE U.S. 02/26/2013MARRIED 03/16/2013AOS,EAD,AP FIled 04/02/2013NOA1 04/10/2013Biometrics completed 05/07/2013EAD card sent for production 06/13/2013EAD/AP card arrived in mail. 06/21/2013AOS approved 10/21/2013Green card arrived via mail 10/31/2013Removal of conditions mailed 08/04/2015 10 year card approved 06/08/2016 <p>

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.