Skull

N-400 August 2016 Filers

1,617 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 2/28/2017 at 6:23 PM, javierita said:

Any updates?? I checked the myaccount site and my letter was on there (I haven't received it in the mail yet). My interview is on 4/5 at 2:30pm. Do you think the oath will be the same day? I've heard the oath is only on the same day if the interview is early in the morning but I don't know if seattle is like that. Keeping my fingers crossed for you! 

No updates yet. I am actually hoping for a bit of a delay now! I know it sounds crazy but I am out of the country all of April and I really want to avoid postponing the interview.

Good luck with the interview! I don't think you'll have your oath the same day. My lawyer said the cut off for same day oath was 12:00 pm aka your interview should be before that.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, phunkyvida said:

Congratulations to all who have received interviews/oath dates!

I've had no updates on my end, I will hit 180 days on March 19th, I've decided to make an infoPass if I still haven't heard anything after that. This waiting has completely sucked out all the excitement I had, now I just feel sad it is taking so long, the waiting continues :clock:

I am going to hit 210 days (months) on March 8! It's insane.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Lenchick said:

My journey is over!  I'm a US citizen! Yay! I'll have to get back to them in a year though to apply for my child's  certificate of citizenship. 

I wish the best of luck to those members who have not finished their journey! 

congratulations! Very happy for you! Thank you so much for your help in the past 7 month -- i certainly appreciated your quick replies! Good luck with the certificate and I hope that's less of an ordeal!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

3 minutes ago, babyduck said:

What the hell is USCIS doing? Did you hear they effed up a bunch of H-1B approvals recently? Bunch of monkeys! I am just so glad I've got ample amounts of time on my green card at the moment so I don't have that hanging over my head, as well. 

Met in University in Switzerland 02/10/2010

Got Married 11/09/2012

Conditional Permanent Residence (CR6):
Forms Received at USCIS Location: 02/4/2013
Form I-797C NoA Received: 02/11/2013
Biometrics Appointment: 03/01/2013
RFE: 03/20/2013
Received EAD & Advanced Parole Card in the mail 05/02/2013

Received Interview Appointment Letter: 05/02/2013
Interviewed & Approved on the spot: 05/30/2013

Received Green Card (CR6) in the Mail on 06/11/2013

(127 Days)

Removal of Conditions (IR6):

Form I-751 & Supporting Documents sent to USCIS VT via USPS: 03/09/2015

Form I-751 & Biometric Payment ($590) Processed: 03/17/2015

Form I-751 NoA Received: 03/19/2015

Form I-797C NoA Received: 04/02/2015

Biometrics Appointment: 04/16/2015

Form I-751 Approved: 11/06/2015

Received Green Card (IR6): 11/13/2015

(249 Days)

Naturalization (N-400):

Form N-400 & Supporting Documents sent to USCIS TX via USPS: 08/20/2016

Forms Received at USCIS Location: 08/22/2016

Official USCIS Acceptance Confirmation: 08/24/2016

Form Fee & Biometric Payment ($680) Processed: 08/24/2016

Form I-751 NoA Received: 08/31/2016

Form I-797C NoA Received:09/02/2016

Biometrics Appointment: 09/15/2016

In-Line for Interview: 09/19/2016

"Interview was scheduled" e-notification: 04/27/2017

Interview letter was sent to me by USCIS via USPS: 04/28/2017
Interview letter was Delivered: 05/01/2017
Interview Date: 06/05/2017
Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony (N-445): 06/07/2017
Oath Ceremony: 06/30/2017
(310 Days)
US Passport (DS-11):
Applied at County Courthouse: 03/24/2019
Cheque Cashed/Trackable: 03/26/2019
Passport Received: 04/13/2019
Passport Card Received: 04/15/2019
Naturalization Certificate Returned:04/16/2019
(23 Days)

18 minutes ago, babyduck said:

Are you counting holidays and weekends? Cause if I included them, I'm on my 190 days now. 

I'm hoping to have an update before the end of the month. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, phunkyvida said:

What the hell is USCIS doing? Did you hear they effed up a bunch of H-1B approvals recently? Bunch of monkeys! I am just so glad I've got ample amounts of time on my green card at the moment so I don't have that hanging over my head, as well. 

Oops I meant to say 210 days (7 months), but the point stands. It's pushing closer to a year mark and nothing in sight. I lost out a very prestigious work opportunity in Singapore due to this mess and I am really mad.

I didn't hear about the H-1b fiasco. Do you have a link to that? It's awful!

Timeline
Just now, Lane O said:

Are you counting holidays and weekends? Cause if I included them, I'm on my 190 days now. 

I'm hoping to have an update before the end of the month. 

Yes I am. My PD is Aug 8th 2016. It will be exactly 7 months on March 8th. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
1 hour ago, babyduck said:

Yes I am. My PD is Aug 8th 2016. It will be exactly 7 months on March 8th. 

The L2 rep told me on the phone USCIS was flooded for N400 requests in Spring of last year so people could vote in the election, and then another flood right after the election, so unfortunately it's bad timing, this happened to me when the DACA thing happened in 2013, they didn't even look at my K1 visa application for almost a year, but for N400 I would plan on 8 months (240 calendar days) at this point for a lot of us (there seems to be rapid movement for people on east coast and northwest however.)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, I just got my email that my interview was truly scheduled (not the glitch that happened on November 1st) and now I can't login to ELIS to see the PDF. The website is down?? Of course!! Well, at least I'm on my way! I've been "in-line" for months....glad to see movement with others as well!

Elizabeth and Ryan's K1 Journey

-07/20/04 Sending away I-129f to TSC
-11/18/04 APPROVED IN MONTREAL (122 days since start)
-12/8/04 POE Buffalo Peace Bridge (easy, but long line to wait)

-12/13/04 Married!!

*** APRIL 26th 2005 APPROVED CF-1 ***
05/02/05 PR card received in mail -- 9 month process from start to finish

-8/25/16 - N-400 process started

-04/26/17 - Oath Ceremony at Jacksonville USCIS office

6 hours ago, phunkyvida said:

Oh my goodness! You must be over the moon! Congratulations @Lenchick (although am sad to hear you'll have to go back to the cheeky buggers for that cert for baby! Ugh!)

6 hours ago, EastCoast_Guy said:

congratulations! Very happy for you! Thank you so much for your help in the past 7 month -- i certainly appreciated your quick replies! Good luck with the certificate and I hope that's less of an ordeal!

Thank you very much!!!! I'm so used to visa journey now that I guess I will keep coming back)))

hang in there guys, it shouldn't be too long any more. 

Congratulations!!! :)

K-1
03/09/12 - NoA1
10/04/12 - NoA2 (210 days)

AoS

01/25/13 - NoA1
08/15/13 - NoA2 (199 days)

RoC
05/21/15 - NoA1

11/02/15 - NoA2 (164 days)

N-400

08/18/16 - NoA1
03/14/17 - Interview

03/16/17 - Oath Ceremony (217 days)

US citizen

Total time start to finish: 5 years, 12 days (1,838 days)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
18 hours ago, txaim said:

Luaytm - Did you got any update on your case ? , i am with similar  PD as you and same service center- so far no updates. Please let me know.

No updates yet. I am waiting patiently too. It is taking forever :( I hope we will get an interview letter during March. if not I am going to schedule an info pass. I will let you know when i get an update. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey guys, so yesterday I went in for an infopass in Seattle.

It was not much help really. Just generic answers hinting at bureaucracy and their system being glitchy as being the reason why some applications move faster than others. The officer said it's not uncommon to wait for a year. Also that by the looks of it I should be hearing from them in a month or so. Not a lot of useful information. Just thought I'd share my experience with you.

Basically, it's a waiting game, whether you go in person, talk to an L1, L2, etc. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
4 hours ago, MikloGoesLegit said:

Hey guys, so yesterday I went in for an infopass in Seattle.

It was not much help really. Just generic answers hinting at bureaucracy and their system being glitchy as being the reason why some applications move faster than others. The officer said it's not uncommon to wait for a year. Also that by the looks of it I should be hearing from them in a month or so. Not a lot of useful information. Just thought I'd share my experience with you.

Basically, it's a waiting game, whether you go in person, talk to an L1, L2, etc. 

Thanks, the info I was given that the wait is about 8 months on average now, so you should hear something in the coming months hopefully.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.