dwheels76

NVC Filers - August 2016

717 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

I can totally understand your frustration. Honestly I wanted to do the same for my husband but I know I have to wait 5 months after nvc so I have learned to wait.

While you wait, start collecting documents that you will need to send. That whole process is a week long that way you get that taken care of as soon as u get ur case number and fill out proper forms and pay the fees. So just do this in the mean time because it is time consuming.

That's my second worry coz I'm not sure what would be the checklist for a Filipina who's gonna be interviewed in Kuwait. I've heard that we cannot get a police clearance here without a letter from the embassy and I could not get a letter from the embassy if I don't have a case number or whatsoever they might require. Not sure as well if I need to go back to Philippines to get an NBI clearance. Edited by chrmar

That's my second worry coz I'm not sure what would be the checklist for a Filipina who's gonna be interviewed in Kuwait. I've heard that we cannot get a police clearance here without a letter from the embassy and I could not get a letter from the embassy if I don't have a case number or whatsoever they might require. Not sure as well if I need to go back to Philippines to get an NBI clearance.

Okay are you referring to required documents? Well the petitioner has the same document as required by nvc for aos documents since it is us citizen or green card holder who files it.

As for civil documents, everything should be the same except for police clearance and I believe you have to explain why you are in Kuwait and you can ask the rest from Filipina forum. They can help you because sometimes people are in similar situations.

I had help from there and I did my own research to see what was needed. It was time consuming but it was worth it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

No, im planning on using assets. I probably could use a co-sponsor if that would exempt me of having to wait for my transcripts, since I dont have W2s... is that what you mean? Thank u

If you can get a sponsor do that because some embassy prefer seeing a steady income and might ask you to get a sponsor.

Omg Kimone, I just called and got my case number and iin. I got through right away, I guess it's because its so early. You should try as well. I'm on such a high lol

We were approved August 4 but nvc still hasn't received our files from USCIS :(

May 5 - I-130 Received

June 17 - RFE Received

August 4 - NOA2
October 3 - USICIS sent to NVC
October 12 - NVC received (69 days in limbo)
? - case number assigned
? - AOS bill paid
? - call NVC to review DS-261 and get IV invoice unlocked
? - IV bill paid
? - submit DS-260
? - send IV/AOS package
? - scan date

? - cc

? - interview date

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

That's my second worry coz I'm not sure what would be the checklist for a Filipina who's gonna be interviewed in Kuwait. I've heard that we cannot get a police clearance here without a letter from the embassy and I could not get a letter from the embassy if I don't have a case number or whatsoever they might require. Not sure as well if I need to go back to Philippines to get an NBI clearance.

USCIS Process:
Sent I-130 (via USPS): April 28 2016
NOA1 hardcopy received: May 7, 2016
NOA2 approval text & email: July 6, 2016 (60 days from NOA1) :dancing:
Petition Recieved by NVC text & email: July 18, 2016

NVC Process:
Case number and IIN Assigned: August 3, 2016
Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: August 3, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: August 4, 2016
Pay AOS Fee: August 4, 2016
AOS Fee appeared as PAID: August 5, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: August 5, 2016
Pay IV Fee: August 10, 2016
IV Fee appeared as PAID: August 12, 2016
IV application (DS-260) completed: August 20, 2016
Sent AOS & IV packets (via Express Mail Singapore Post): September 23, 2016
Scan date: September 29,2016

3 NA in CEAC site: October 17, 2016 :dancing:
CC through phone: October 17, 2016
Confirmation of CC email received: October 24, 2016

Case "in transit": November 8,2016

Case "ready": November 17,2016

Interview Process:
Interview letter/P4 received via email: November 1, 2016

Medical (Singapore): November 11, 2016

Medical Sent to consulate: November 25, 2016

Interview Date: December 27, 2016

Interview Result: 221g for missing documents

Submit Documents: January 17, 2017

First Update: January 19, 2017

Submit Documents 2nd time : January 22, 2017 ( Approaching Chinese New Year )

Second Update : Feb 2, 2017

Ceac Status AP: until February 5, 2017

Ceac Status ISSUED: February 6, 2017

Visa ON HAND: February 7, 2017

POE: Philadelphia International Airport

US Entry: Feb 24, 2017

SS # received : Mar. 11, 2017

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

You dont have to go home to get an NBI clearance. I am not sure about Kuwait specifics but mostly you would need to request physical fingerprints from CID or Police Headquarters then bring it to the PH embassy for them to process the NBI clearance for you. Ive used my letter of approval NOA2 to request my Police clearance here in Singapore and they grant my request. If you worked elsewhere in the middle east i worked in Qatar you better visit their embassy i process my PCC from them and still waiting on it 2-3mos release. UAE you wont need any if you are no longer there. Hope that helps.

USCIS Process:
Sent I-130 (via USPS): April 28 2016
NOA1 hardcopy received: May 7, 2016
NOA2 approval text & email: July 6, 2016 (60 days from NOA1) :dancing:
Petition Recieved by NVC text & email: July 18, 2016

NVC Process:
Case number and IIN Assigned: August 3, 2016
Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: August 3, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: August 4, 2016
Pay AOS Fee: August 4, 2016
AOS Fee appeared as PAID: August 5, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: August 5, 2016
Pay IV Fee: August 10, 2016
IV Fee appeared as PAID: August 12, 2016
IV application (DS-260) completed: August 20, 2016
Sent AOS & IV packets (via Express Mail Singapore Post): September 23, 2016
Scan date: September 29,2016

3 NA in CEAC site: October 17, 2016 :dancing:
CC through phone: October 17, 2016
Confirmation of CC email received: October 24, 2016

Case "in transit": November 8,2016

Case "ready": November 17,2016

Interview Process:
Interview letter/P4 received via email: November 1, 2016

Medical (Singapore): November 11, 2016

Medical Sent to consulate: November 25, 2016

Interview Date: December 27, 2016

Interview Result: 221g for missing documents

Submit Documents: January 17, 2017

First Update: January 19, 2017

Submit Documents 2nd time : January 22, 2017 ( Approaching Chinese New Year )

Second Update : Feb 2, 2017

Ceac Status AP: until February 5, 2017

Ceac Status ISSUED: February 6, 2017

Visa ON HAND: February 7, 2017

POE: Philadelphia International Airport

US Entry: Feb 24, 2017

SS # received : Mar. 11, 2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Omg just got off the phone with nvc. I forgot to send the nbi clearence from Ph. I did remember the hong kong clearence reciept but NVC needs both before case complete :( ugh another six weeks wait

I am sorry to hear that you got a checklist. I know you spoke to them on the phone but did they also send an email to notify you of the checklist and that your nib clearance was missing? Just getting a little worried our scan date was July 18th and several with scan dates after us are getting CC.

I called yesterday Wednesday 24th and they just said as before "I can't see if your file is being evaluated...I can only see when the scan date is and when your review is complete" He also said that it is taking about 6 weeks. Just still confused how others with scan dates after us are getting CC.

This waiting really sucks the separation from the wife sucks even more!

Please let me know if you received an email the same day that your got your checklist....thanks.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Skeiamn I still haven't gotten minds yet

Hmmm, u said ur application was received by NVC the 9th mine was the 8th. Maybe later or tomorrow u will get ur case number.

I-485

[Day 01 ] October 4 - Status "Fingerprint fee received"

[Day 36 ] November 9 - Biometric Appointment

[Day 37 ] November 10 - Status changed to "Request for Initial evidence was mailed"

[Day 41 ] November 14 - Received RFIE notice

[Day 44 ] November 17 - Mailed off Response

[Day 47 ] November 21 - Status Changed to ''Response to USCIS request for evidence was received'

[Day 57 ] December 01 - Status changed to "Request for Initial evidence was mailed"

[Day 61 ] November 05 - Received RFIE notice

[Day 68 ] December 07 - Mailed off Response

I-765

[Day 1 ] October 4 - Status "Case was received"

[Day 1/57] December 01 - Form I-765 will be processed within 90 days of the receipt of the requested evidence :cry:

[Day 58] December 7 - No updates :clock:

I am sorry to hear that you got a checklist. I know you spoke to them on the phone but did they also send an email to notify you of the checklist and that your nib clearance was missing? Just getting a little worried our scan date was July 18th and several with scan dates after us are getting CC.

I called yesterday Wednesday 24th and they just said as before "I can't see if your file is being evaluated...I can only see when the scan date is and when your review is complete" He also said that it is taking about 6 weeks. Just still confused how others with scan dates after us are getting CC.

This waiting really sucks the separation from the wife sucks even more!

Please let me know if you received an email the same day that your got your checklist....thanks.

I never got a check list , i called NVC to find out what was going on with my case, I imagine at some point i will get an email or hard copy but the NBI document will be at NVC by 8:30 tomorrow morning , nvc worker said everything else was in order other than that , so as soon as they process that one document we will have case complete . Our daughters case is cc so its just waiting for mamas lol

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone:

We send docs July 15..scan date July 18....received an email from NVC on Aug 17 that make my heart skip a beat just to find a checklist!!

The lawyer just told us to send one police record and they ask for 3! Well...my husband send it to me by email and I just send it next day of course!

Hoping for a fast review.

Does anyone with a checklist had a cc before 6 weeks??

I just called NVC and I was really surprised when they told me they received another mail from us last August 16??? I know my husband had a paralegal help him out with the paperwork but I was informed everything was sent out August 1 and August 2 respectively. But certainly not on the 16th :( omgggg this is so sad ; cant believe I would be needing to start counting again from the 16th as DAY 1 !!! :crying::crying::crying:

I just called NVC and I was really surprised when they told me they received another mail from us last August 16??? I know my husband had a paralegal help him out with the paperwork but I was informed everything was sent out August 1 and August 2 respectively. But certainly not on the 16th :( omgggg this is so sad ; cant believe I would be needing to start counting again from the 16th as DAY 1 !!! :crying::crying::crying:

SOO I called the Paralegal he said, that it could probably be that NVC just opened the second mail last August 16th :cry::cry::cry:

This waiting is --- >>> :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Still hoping for the best.

SOO I called the Paralegal he said, that it could probably be that NVC just opened the second mail last August 16th :cry::cry::cry:

This waiting is --- >>> :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Still hoping for the best.

Oh my goodness! What exactly did the paralegal have to send if all the paperwork was sent Aug. 1? I don't mean to offend anyone, but sometimes I really feel like some lawyers do more harm than good :(

USCIS Process:
Sent I-130 (via USPS): February 20, 2016
NOA1 hardcopy received: February 26, 2016
NOA2 approval text & email: May 6, 2016 (71 days from NOA1)
Petition sent to NVC text & email: May 11, 2016

NVC Process:
Case number and IIN Assigned: May 26, 2016
Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: May 27, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: May 27, 2016
Pay AOS Fee: May 27, 2016
AOS Fee appeared as PAID: June 2, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: June 3, 2016
Pay IV Fee: June 3, 2016
IV Fee appeared as PAID: June 6, 2016
IV application (DS-260) completed: June 7, 2016
Sent AOS & IV packets (via FedEx): June 8, 2016
Scan date: June 9, 2016
CC: July 14, 2016 (FINALLY saw 3rd N/A... 35 days after scan date)
Confirmation of CC email received: July 21, 2016
Interview date received over the phone: July 26, 2016

Interview Process:
Interview letter/P4 received via email: August 5, 2016
Medical Exam (@SLEC): August 3-4, 2016

Sputum samples given: August 15-17, 2016

Pulmo Consultation: August 18, 2016 (sputum smear is NEGATIVE!)

Results of sputum culture: October 12, 2016 (NEGATIVE!)

Completed: October 17, 2016
Interview date: October 24, 2016 (APPROVED! case status ISSUED the same day) :content:

Visa ready for pickup @MOA (via 2GO tracking): October 26, 2016

Visa in hand: October 27, 2016

Pay Greencard Fee: October 27, 2016

POE: November 6, 2016 (L)

SSN received (via USPS): November 14, 2016

10-year Greencard received (via USPS): December 17, 2016 (41 days after POE) :dance:

I know I'm really this --- >>> :cry::cry::cry::cry: right now. Oh well, based on my record the NBI clearance was the last documents he sent out August 2 (my time since PI is a day ahead) But my goodness, August 16th? that is wayyyy toooo farrrrrrr from it.

The paralegal told me, we will have our interview this September (which I doubt) . I think he is just saying that to a peace my mind and just to get me off the phone :(

I'm really glad to have been part of VJ community as we are informed to what is really happening.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.