dwheels76

NVC Filers - August 2016

717 posts in this topic

Tax transcripts! I have everything ready to go to NVC. All my civil documents nicely photocopied with case number written nearly top right. Husband's I-864 and all his financials. But just waiting on a tax transcript from the joint sponsor. She says she ordered it and it should take 10 days to arrive. That was some weeks ago. Is this normal? I don't even know why she is waiting for them to be mailed when they can be obtained online and downloaded. Is there any reason why she would be waiting so long for them to be mailed to her?

I was hoping for a scan date end of August, CC end of September and November interview. That's looking less likely now all because of these tax transcripts. I'm quite frustrated. I know our joint sponsor is helping us out hugely (she is family). But I don't think she appreciates the urgency hubby and I have to finally be together after all this time. This is our second visa journey. We have already been through this to have him move to the UK but he was denied.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

any input! or info would be much appreciated

The affidavit of support fee should change from paid to N/A..thats wen u call n confirm ur case complete from NVC...!!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

The affidavit of support fee should change from paid to N/A..thats wen u call n confirm ur case complete from NVC...!!!!

thanks so the other two N/a for the documents will remain N/a even after document submission.

CR-1 Visa Journey

USCIS: Done

NVC: Done

Embassy : Interview Stage..

Interview DONE

POE  DONE

Card in Hand : Done

** ROC *****

NBC 

Sending File >> 1/7/2019

File received>> 1/9/2019

SMS Text Received >> 1/14/2019

Received biometric schedule letter >> 1/26/2109

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Tax transcripts! I have everything ready to go to NVC. All my civil documents nicely photocopied with case number written nearly top right. Husband's I-864 and all his financials. But just waiting on a tax transcript from the joint sponsor. She says she ordered it and it should take 10 days to arrive. That was some weeks ago. Is this normal? I don't even know why she is waiting for them to be mailed when they can be obtained online and downloaded. Is there any reason why she would be waiting so long for them to be mailed to her?

I was hoping for a scan date end of August, CC end of September and November interview. That's looking less likely now all because of these tax transcripts. I'm quite frustrated. I know our joint sponsor is helping us out hugely (she is family). But I don't think she appreciates the urgency hubby and I have to finally be together after all this time. This is our second visa journey. We have already been through this to have him move to the UK but he was denied.

It does shows on the IRS website to allow 5 to 10 calendar days for delivery but am not sure why your joint sponsor has to wait weeks for the tax transcript except there are factors delaying it. Mine arrived within 3 business days. Kindly ask if she can go online to register and get it online or do a walk in if there's an IRS office close by.

Edited by Tevaloma

Timeline

Hi guys! I just got an NVC's email that info my case was completed.

My scan date was 14th july. Good luck for all! :)

Congratulations. I can imagine the excitement. Same here. Just got my case complete email confirmation about an hour ago after a telephone conformation a week ago. My scan date was July 26th. I wish everyone best of luck to everyone still waiting.

It does shows on the IRS website to allow 5 to 10 calendar days for delivery but am not sure why your joint sponsor has to wait weeks for the tax transcript except there are factors delaying it. Mine arrived within 3 business days. Kindly ask if she can go online to register and get it online or do a walk in if there's an IRS office close by.

Thank you. I'll suggest this to her.

Congratulations on your case complete!

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline

Congrats guys! Out of curiosity did they schedule an interview date or is that still pending?

Hi guys! I just got an NVC's email that info my case was completed.

My scan date was 14th july. Good luck for all! :)

Congratulations. I can imagine the excitement. Same here. Just got my case complete email confirmation about an hour ago after a telephone conformation a week ago. My scan date was July 26th. I wish everyone best of luck to everyone still waiting.

2/10/16 - Mailed out package
2/11/16 - Picked up at 3:30 PM at Chicago Lockbox
2/23/16 - Received notification of acceptance via SMS at 4:40 PM

2/23/16 - NOA1

5/13/16 - NOA2

7/19/16 - Sent out NVC package

7/21/16 - Scan Date

8/19/16 - Case Complete

8/26/16 - Interview Scheduled *Oct 3rd @ Mumbai Consulate*

10/3/16 - Interview Completed *** VISA APPROVED! **

**Awaiting printed VISA**

Timeline

hello everyone my case complete on 27 july confirmed thru calling NVC, waiting for interview,

Its so hard to live like this

Buddy did you get your interview date yet??

Timeline

Congrats guys! Out of curiosity did they schedule an interview date or is that still pending?

Thank you. The interview date is still pending. Hoping to hear something by the end of this week and if not by August 31st/September 1st.

Timeline

Hello everybody,

We emailed NVC to expedite our case and we got a revert back from them this morning, they accepted our request and the file will be immediately forwarded to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General but they stated that it could take up to two weeks for the consular section to receive the case file once it has shipped from NVC.

Waiting to hear back from the consulate now, the waiting never end!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.