39 posts in this topic

He has gone there, and that is where they are saying it will take 90 days to get it. We only got 60 days to answer the RFE, not enough time to get the paper and get it to USCIS.

Edited by Love To Teach

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Get an infopass appointment and talk to USCIS representative and take something in written from the court which says it will take 90 days. THis could help extend the RFE date.

How do you do an infopass? Where do you go? I doubt they would give him a written paper saying it takes 90 days. They are pretty much blaming the US for the problem, saying the NADRA copy is the "official" copy and why does he have to have anything else.

Do you think it would do any good to call somebody and explain the problem? The letter seemed to say don't bother...no extensions.

Edited by Love To Teach

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Got o USCIS and get an infopass appointment. https://my.uscis.gov/appointment but wait, is your case still at the USCIS or at the NVC? call the USCIS and ask them and ask them also if you should get an info pass statement. They may be asking the stamp paper which states the divorce, like the one which takes place in kachehri when the divorce is recorded. NADRA only gives the record I believe. Get more info. Search... And also, your husband can go talk to a lawyer so he can help em get the papers.

He has a lawyer. They tell him the same thing....90 days. They have told them at the government office it might be finished early and to wait wait wait. Now they are saying it might be next week. They have said that for a month. Meanwhile, it has to be in Nebraska two weeks from Wednesday. The big wig said, don't worry, we will have it before 90 days. BUT what good does that do if it's after the deadline?

Our case is at Nebraska. It has gotten no further. That's what makes me so sad. I mailed it last December. We are looking at another year. And that doesn't include any AP added on. I don't know what will run out first...our money or our health.

Edited by Love To Teach

I never dreamed that this would be a problem. I can see why people give up. I'm sure he has talked to his lawyer. If the lawyer was able to help, he would be, I'm sure. He's helped with other immigration things.

Edited by Love To Teach

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

can you post here that uscis RFE letter so we can read and understand what exactly uscis is looking for ? have you read us embassy islamabad website about divorce ? they accept 2 kinds of divorce papers 1 from nadra 2nd from local union consul its depends also where and which part of the district of provence marriage was done also divorce certificate should issue from the same district where his ex is living i think you guys need some proper divorce certificate no local union consul ask 90 days to issue divorce certificate since your ex already gave her divorce in 2008 then why UC needs 90 days either your husband dont know how to deal with local authorty or either he is lieing sorry but its seems fishy....... pakistan is full corrept country where anything is possible if you pay the right amount or you know the right person to reached.

I can't get the address to cut and paste, but here it is:

https://travel.state.gov.content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/PK.html

It talks about the divorces. They want a union counsel divorce paper from him, I think. And those take 90 days. He and his ex never went through the Arbitration Counsel because they didn't need arbitration. They had already worked it out. This site says they don't accept Decrees of Divorce. I had no idea about this paper. But another couples' Decree of Divorce went right through with no problem. It might be that my ex's divorce was longer ago than this other man's.

I know Pakistan is a corrupt country, but my husband is honest. He knows the ins and outs of the system. He has had a business there since he was 18, and his family is well-respected. Money does not seem to be the problem.

By the way, my husband has asked the same thing. The people, including the head honcho, has asked the same thing. They blame it on USA Immigration, telling him that the Decree is the official paper. But they say they will provide the correct papers, just taking forever.

Trust me, I wish all of this was as easy as providing a bribe.

Going back to a previous question, will USCIS return your original evidence back to you? OR can you send a second application in to attach to previous evidence?

Edited by Love To Teach

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

get an elected official involved. When we were having problems at the NVC i called the immigration liaison at my US senator's office and they helped us immediately.

How did you find this liaison? Is it someone listed online? I have looked at Senator Corker's page. Did you sign one of those releases and just send him a letter? I'm not sure I will have time to get all that to him in time to help, but I can try. We just have kept waiting because they said soon, soon.

Edited by Love To Teach

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

It is very simple to contact the senator's office for assistance. You go to the website, fill out a release form that is either online

or you get it faxed, fax it back and follow up with a phone call. Tell them the document that USCIS has requested can not be received

until 90 days and you need an extension. It is not that difficult.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

I'll try that on Monday. But the paper said absolutely no extensions, but it won't hurt to try. Thanks for the advice! It just occurred to me that we don't even have a case number. Do you think that would be a problem?

Edited by Love To Teach

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

NOA1 or NOA2, you didn't mention where in the process you are currently.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Just have NOA1, barely started, but it took them more than 5 months to even open our papers. That is what is so disheartening if we have to start over. I'm still waiting to see if anybody knows if they return your paperwork/evidence to you if you have to start over and reapply?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.