HOU16

3rd DWI during process. Will affect us?

39 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Seychelles
Timeline

I am sure that the question about the Original question by the OP was answered. But when it comes to the issues and advice from VJ members when it comes to Alcoholism being a big issue, I am sure she just sweep all that under the rug. Is it wrong or right is for here to decide, its her life and her future...Members gave a valid advice here and some from experience. Good luck to you OP!!

Ohhh, yikes read that wrong. I'm surprised the Texas resident still has drivers license.

Probably won't after the 3rd conviction.

not giving anybody any advice. If the guy I am gonna marry has 3 DUIs within months, I'd think twice before marrying him.

They weren't within a month. Don't know the timeframe cuz the OP didn't state. All she did say is that the OP had 2 as of the date of filing the I-129F but got a 3rd after filing.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Glad someone else said it. You want to marry someone who's been CAUGHT three times drunk driving? And that's three times CAUGHT, nevermind all the other times they were drunk driving and nobody was the wiser.

In Texas, the third DWI is a felony. So, you are marrying a felon.

In Texas, someone who is convicted of a DWI could face a $10,000 fine, two-ten years in prison, and complete no fewer than 80 hours of community service. The convicted may serve time in a drug rehab in lieu of spending time in jail. Your fiance will have to pay as much as $2000 a year for 3 years to keep his driver's license -- IF he's allowed to keep his driver's license.

Mark my words - this is a FELONY. Almost 10,000 people every year are killed in a car accident involving a drunk driver. Your fiance made a decision at least three times that could have easily killed someone. Your question was, "Will this affect us?" Even IF the USCIS and the embassy don't care, YES, this problem will affect you!!! Do you want to be the passenger in a car driven by a drunk driver? Do you want to have a police officer come to your door in the middle of the night saying that your husband killed himself in a car accident? Or do you want to see your husband on trial for killing someone's child, spouse, or parent because he was driving drunk? No? Then you really need to re-think this. Because yes, alcoholism WILL affect you.

Sadly he was only caught 3 times he could of been drunk driving a lot more than that who knows. I had a ex many years ago who was a alcoholic whenever he was drunk he was abusive when he didn't have alcohol he was abusive no matter what I couldn't win and because of him I was never date a man that drinks more than a few times a month. Thankfully my husband now has never drank since I've phycally been with him and only one time since we were together and that was because his friend came to visit for 2 weeks and they went out one time. It is a red flag that he drinks too much especially if he is driving not caring about other people's lives. I'm assuming the USC is a man but I'm not sure either way it can still turn out to be a bad situation for the beneficiary I definitely agree with you

I love my husband ?‍?‍?

Married June 2016

Por siempre y para siempre Mi amor

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Probably won't after the 3rd conviction.

They weren't within a month. Don't know the timeframe cuz the OP didn't state. All she did say is that the OP had 2 as of the date of filing the I-129F but got a 3rd after filing.

Marco & Bettina, I just found this on internet for DWI's and Texas. Texas is getting tougher on DWI's.

Third DUI is a felony. In Texas, your first two DUI convictions are misdemeanors (unless there are aggravating factors) but your third DUI conviction is categorized as a third degree felony.

Lookback Period. Texas has no lookback period. No matter when your first two DWI convictions occured, they will count as "priors."

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

I sincerely hope a background check at USCIS stage opens up the arrest records and stops the petition

so, you don't put more into this relationship

i know immigration mostly is trying to protect the rights of the US citizen but i don't want to see either party go thru with what appears to be a bad plan for a future

i lost a 17 year old daughter when a drunk driver ran over a group of kids crossing the streets coming out of a restuarant at 6:30 PM (not even dark out)

i have zero sympathy for anyone driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs

forget this man as there are decent ones out there and the best to you gf

we all want a better life / don't settle for anything less

Omgggg I am so sorry for your loss and I completely agree with you. I've had a bad experience with a ex that was a alcoholic it's not a easy thing to deal with

I love my husband ?‍?‍?

Married June 2016

Por siempre y para siempre Mi amor

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I think you all been trolled. That's just my two cents.

Met in person summer of 1986

Started Dating August 24 1989

Started dating second time around March 12th 2015

Engaged May 17th 2015

Married May 21st 2016

Sent I-129F: June 18th, 2015

NOA1: June 23rd 2015

NOA2: July 22nd 2015

NVC Received: August 6th, 2015

Consulate Received: August 14th, 2015

Interview: March 15th, 2016 APPROVED!!!

Visa Received: March 23rd, 2016

POE: April 15th, 2016 Otay Mesa Border Crossing (San Diego)

Sunset Wedding: May 21st, 2016 at 7:15PM On the Beach in Carpinteria, California.

----------------------

AOS

I-485 Filed: June 17th, 2016

I-765 Filed: June 17th, 2016

I-131 Filed: June 17th, 2016

NOA Received July 4th 2016

Biometrics Appointment: July 30th at 8AM

Biometrics Completed: July 21st 2016 (Oxnard Ca, No Line, no waiting, went 9 days early)

Marco & Bettina, I just found this on internet for DWI's and Texas. Texas is getting tougher on DWI's.

Third DUI is a felony. In Texas, your first two DUI convictions are misdemeanors (unless there are aggravating factors) but your third DUI conviction is categorized as a third degree felony.

Lookback Period. Texas has no lookback period. No matter when your first two DWI convictions occured, they will count as "priors."

Not to mention when you apply for a job, you have to tell them you've been convicted of a crime & then state what it is. Additionally, you may not get said job because the hiring person may feel strongly against such convictions or just a criminal record in general.

I think you all been trolled. That's just my two cents.

I don't think so. I would assume the lack of response is because we answered the question but are condemning her Fiance and the relationship. Since she's likely in love with this guy, all those warnings are on deaf ears. She has no reason to come back in here & post again just to be flamed even harder after she says she'll proceed with this guy.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** As Op has received the advice and information necessary, and the thread has gone off topic, it is now closed *******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.