542 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 minute ago, MrsRP said:

Congrats! How did you hear? Mail or email?

Thank you so much. None of this. I did going on MyUSCIS website and it was also on the app I use on my phone.

Timeline
23 hours ago, TheFroggy said:

OMG !! We FINALLY got our approval ! It is such a relief ! It isn't over but at list we can move forward !

Congrats!! One question though, in your previous post you stated that the reason you had not received a response to your service report was due to the background check. I called and got the same response last Wednesday. I asked if there was anything they could do to speed up the process and they said no. What did you tell them? And did you submit another service report? PD July 29 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 08/04/2017 at 3:06 PM, 29casst said:

Congrats!! One question though, in your previous post you stated that the reason you had not received a response to your service report was due to the background check. I called and got the same response last Wednesday. I asked if there was anything they could do to speed up the process and they said no. What did you tell them? And did you submit another service report? PD July 29 

Hi 29casst.

We just told them we were waiting for 2 weeks more than the time they announced and we were already way past the processing time so we wanted at list an answer to our inquiry. And they submitted an other inquiry for us, visibly specifying that this inquiry should have a quick answer. And few days later they visibly sent one but we still didn't receive it so I kind of doubt they really did...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

What I thought was an annoying person messaging me turned out to be great news this morning? I received 2 emails and 4 texts from USCIS telling me our I-130 was approved on April 11th and they will mail the letter. It has been 274 for our approval. Hallelujah, thank God this stage is done.

Congratulations to those approved before us and God's blessings to those who are still waiting.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Nebraska Service Center

I-130 Sent via USPS: 07/08/2016

Received at Chicago Lockbox: 07/11/2016

I-130 NOA1: 07/13/2016

I-130 RFE:  None

I-130 Approved: 04/11/2017

NVC Received: 04/19/2017

Received DS-261/AOS Bill: 05/10/2017

US POE: Bahamas

I-485 Sent: 05/22/2017 Received: 05/23/2017

I-485 NOA1: 05/25/2017

Biometrics Appt.: 06/12/2017

I-485 Interview: 06/28/2018

I-485 Approved:

Green Card Received: 

I-864 Sent: 05/22/2017 Received: 05/23/2017

I-765 Sent: 05/22/2017  Received: 05/23/2017

I-765 NOA1: 05/25/2017

I-765 Approved: 09/21/2017

EAD Card Received: 10/16/2017

I-131 Sent:

I-131 NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
15 hours ago, NicMel16 said:

What I thought was an annoying person messaging me turned out to be great news this morning? I received 2 emails and 4 texts from USCIS telling me our I-130 was approved on April 11th and they will mail the letter. It has been 274 for our approval. Hallelujah, thank God this stage is done.

Congratulations to those approved before us and God's blessings to those who are still waiting.

Congratulations

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Thank you Tammy433.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Nebraska Service Center

I-130 Sent via USPS: 07/08/2016

Received at Chicago Lockbox: 07/11/2016

I-130 NOA1: 07/13/2016

I-130 RFE:  None

I-130 Approved: 04/11/2017

NVC Received: 04/19/2017

Received DS-261/AOS Bill: 05/10/2017

US POE: Bahamas

I-485 Sent: 05/22/2017 Received: 05/23/2017

I-485 NOA1: 05/25/2017

I-485 Interview: 06/28/2018

I-485 Approved:

Green Card Received: 

I-864 Sent: 05/22/2017 Received: 05/23/2017

I-765 Sent: 05/22/2017  Received: 05/23/2017

I-765 NOA1: 05/25/2017

I-765 Approved: 09/21/2017

EAD Card Received: 10/16/2017

I-131 Sent:

I-131 NOA1

Hello there, this is my first post in VJ, and im so glad i've found this forum!
Im also a July filler, 7/25 and our case was not approved yet!
Im not living in the US, but living in  Argentina with my wife instead.
It seems i cannot make a case inquiry by phone because im not in the US; so 1st level NCS representatives transfer me to arrange a call back to speek to an imigration officer; wich i then understood was never going to happen because the system doesnt call back to phone numbers outside the US!
the only two ways left to submit an inquiry are Online, and both of them require me to give either a US mailing addres or a phone number.
May i use a mailing addres of a friend of mine when filling the e-Request? 
any other way you think i can make something to know why is this taking so long? any advice?
Thanks so much, i would really appreciate any hope and help!

6 minutes ago, Sebastian BS said:

Hello there, this is my first post in VJ, and im so glad i've found this forum!
Im also a July filler, 7/25 and our case was not approved yet!
Im not living in the US, but living in  Argentina with my wife instead.
It seems i cannot make a case inquiry by phone because im not in the US; so 1st level NCS representatives transfer me to arrange a call back to speek to an imigration officer; wich i then understood was never going to happen because the system doesnt call back to phone numbers outside the US!
the only two ways left to submit an inquiry are Online, and both of them require me to give either a US mailing addres or a phone number.
May i use a mailing addres of a friend of mine when filling the e-Request? 
any other way you think i can make something to know why is this taking so long? any advice?
Thanks so much, i would really appreciate any hope and help!

i was a July filer as well, recently approved in March.  i am also a USC and i live abroad.  i have contacted USCIS and the NVC via phone numerous times.  i have submitted an inquiry via phone through a USCIS representative.  are you using a mobile phone?  when i submitted my inquiry they only required an email address.  

15 hours ago, cake68 said:

i was a July filer as well, recently approved in March.  i am also a USC and i live abroad.  i have contacted USCIS and the NVC via phone numerous times.  i have submitted an inquiry via phone through a USCIS representative.  are you using a mobile phone?  when i submitted my inquiry they only required an email address.  

Thanks for yout reply cake68! best wishes for you in the rest of this process!!
well i contacted NCS representatives lots of times as well, but non of them let me submit an inquiry via phone because im outside the US! and thats what they say, that they have to transfer me to the "second level" to talk to an imigration officer. the only way to do that is by arranging a call back, which system doesnt supponrt extensions, thus will ever call an outside phone number. i tried talking through land phone, mobile phone, skype, even public phone too!
and this is specifically where i mean i need to provide a mailing addres (inside the US) 
https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=onpt
Do you think i can set a friends addres there so i can make an inquiry?
by the way, were yours inquirys hellpfull? do you think that if i dont make an inquiry, my case will eventually be accepted anyway?
thanks for your time !
have a grate weekend!

Just now, Sebastian BS said:

Thanks for yout reply cake68! best wishes for you in the rest of this process!!
well i contacted NCS representatives lots of times as well, but non of them let me submit an inquiry via phone because im outside the US! and thats what they say, that they have to transfer me to the "second level" to talk to an imigration officer. the only way to do that is by arranging a call back, which system doesnt supponrt extensions, thus will ever call an outside phone number. i tried talking through land phone, mobile phone, skype, even public phone too!
and this is specifically where i mean i need to provide a mailing addres (inside the US) 
https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=onpt
Do you think i can set a friends addres there so i can make an inquiry?
by the way, were yours inquirys hellpfull? do you think that if i dont make an inquiry, my case will eventually be accepted anyway?
thanks for your time !
have a grate weekend!

Yes, the inquiry was helpful, receieved an email response same day and the approval 2 weeks later.  Definitely use a friends address as long as you are in constant contact.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.