Cali_D

I-129F July 2016 Filers

2,011 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gabon
Timeline

Yes I think I already know what it could be...well I guess...my fiancé left couple things unchecked...where they ask on the form if you have committed a crime or been a part of terrorist group and things like that...hahaha..yes I guess it's that...but again...not worried. And more positive.

I-129F and Adjustment of Status.docK1 Visa Journey (see attachment)

Adjustment Of Status Journey(see attachment)

ROC Journey

08/27/19 : Windows opens.

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Each time I've called, I've spoken only to women, one of which I've definitely spoken to twice (I remembered her name haha), and they've each been pleasant.

I called this morning, and they still haven't received ours yet either. :\

Ours must be arriving in the same box/crate I guess! Haha!

Let me know if you have luck calling tonight and I may try again and see, otherwise, I'm waiting until Monday night or Tuesday morning.

This whole process is really reminding me of that scene in Meet the Parents where Ben Stiller and Robert DeNiro are racing in between stop lights.

"go go go! STOP! go go go! STOP!"

:energy:

I called again later on tonight to see if they got it and they didn't receive yet today. Looks we won't be assigned until next week sometime!

Lets hope its sooner rather than later!

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I called again later on tonight to see if they got it and they didn't receive yet today. Looks we won't be assigned until next week sometime!

Lets hope its sooner rather than later!

thanks, Kat! I'll try calling Monday night or Tuesday morning, then.

~ Allison, the USC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

After much confusion, anxiety and excitement we finally scheduled the appointments!

My fiance is going to New Delhi and his biometric appointment is Nov 4th and the interview is Nov 7th.

He just has to schedule the medical appointment which he will do soon. We want to schedule it at least 2 weeks before the interview. He ended up paying the VISA fee in person at one of the banks listed and got the receipt.

I really am thankful for Visajourney because I've learned so much about the process. I saved so much money from going to a lawyer! My uncle used one for his wife and he told me he paid several thousands of dollars.

This process I will say went quicker and smoother than expected. Now time to prepare for the interview!!! :rolleyes:

K1 

02/03/16, we met

06/18/16 engaged, I traveled to India and loved it!

07/15/16 I mailed i129F with money order

07/20/16 text receipt from USCIS received (NOA1)

09/01/16 NOA2 via online USCIS website check

09/06/16 NOA2 Official Letter received (I-797)

09/15/16 NVC Recieved file from USCIS...Called NVC and got case #

09/30/16 Fiance received letter from Embassy

10/17/16 Fiance's medical

10/24/16 medical will be ready for pickup

11/04/16 Biometrics

11/07/16 Interview Day ... Visa APPROVED :D

11/17/16 Visa received

11/25/16 POE, New York

12/24/16 Married (L)

AOS

02/07/17 Filed AOS

02/13/17 Text notification 1-797 soon to be mailed 

03/10/17 Biometrics appt letter recv'd

03/22/17 Bio Appt completed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

So here is our update. Our case was mistakenly sent to the Texas Service center, and it was supposed to go to the California service center. We were now transferred to the California Service Center. From the email they sent, it made it look like they were doing background checks but it is simply the standard email they send out with transfer emails for those pending approval or denial. I can't say how frustrated I am, but I know this stuff happens. I'm hoping that since we're now at the right place we'll finally move forward this soon.

"Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly and never regret anything that made you smile."

Our Story:

Tiger (Egypt) & Gaharia (USA)

10/15/2013--------Met through Mutual Friend

10/16/2013--------Engaged

11/26/2013--------My first flight/Trip to Egypt

11/28/2013--------Met in person for the first time

09/29/2014--------I return to USA :cry:

03/06/2015--------Second trip to Egypt

06/30/2016--------Mail 1-129F

07/08/2016--------NOA1 Received :dancing:

09/27/2016--------Transferred to VSC

11/08/2016--------4 months and nothing yet... So frustrated! :ranting:

11/09/2016--------Wedding date postponed :crying:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I haven't received a zillion emails from all of you today...is everyone okay??

Question: are we all going to keep posting here after fiancées enter with a k1 and navigate the processes after? Or is there a separate forum for it like July I-129F filers? I'm kind of attached to this forum. ?

Timeline

Question: are we all going to keep posting here after fiancées enter with a k1 and navigate the processes after? Or is there a separate forum for it like July I-129F filers? I'm kind of attached to this forum. ?

Haha! This was sweet! I also get a little concerned when my email inbox isn't full of replies to this forum. If the moderators keep this forum open after a certain point, then I'd like to continue using it to update, however when it comes to AOS, we may all be doing it at different times (for a variety of reasons) and may not be able to accurately reflect timelines as a forum specifically for filing AOS in a specific month. Other than that part, I think it would be fun to continue updating here. I like our little July group... even when things get a little awkward (though not often). We each bring something unique to the table... except why we're here to begin with.

~ Allison, the USC

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We are a July filer and now at just about 3 months.... tomorrow the Embassy should be receiving my fiances paperwork copies, & my I134 and employment info. From what I understand that in 2-3 weeks after they receive our papers he will be able to download a profile and print out the bank slip to go pay the visa fee and set up his interview date then go do his medical exam :D Our process has been speedy so far!

6/25  Engagement day on the Nile River in Zamalak Cairo, Egypt 

K1 Petition:

7/5 Sent

7/6 Received

7/8 NOA 1

8/24 NOA 2

9/9 Received at NVC

9/13 Received case number for Embassy

9/18 Embassy received our approved k1 petition and emailed Packet 3 to us.

10/1 Mailed out Packet 3

10/3 Embassy Received Packet 3

10/4 Received Email from Embassy & Case # downloaded & ready to pay visa fee!

10/24 Interview

10/24 Visa Approved!

10/27 Visa Issued!

11/3 Visa in Hand!

12/7 Entry to Houston, Texas

12/16 Wedding Day!!! 

AOS

1/17 Filed AOS

1/24 NOA

2/13 Biometrics

2/17 AOS is ready to be scheduled for interview.  AOS, EAD & AP pending approval. 

4/21 EAD/AP Approved!

4/29 EAD/AP Card in hand! 

Timeline

I am so attached to this forum too, I think it's the very nice people here, no arguments, sharing the info and supporting each other. I would love to know how it's going with everybody from here. If this forum closed, maybe we open the new topic as Friends of July, K1 filers or something similar. It would be very interesting to know how it's going for each one of us

Tasha

Edited by EricTasha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am so attached to this forum too, I think it's the very nice people here, no arguments, sharing the info and supporting each other. I would love to know how it's going with everybody from here. If this forum closed, maybe we open the new topic as Friends of July, K1 filers or something similar. It would be very interesting to know how it's going for each one of us

Tasha

That's a good idea Tasha.. or we could start a separate group if we had to or something.. fb maybe.

After much confusion, anxiety and excitement we finally scheduled the appointments!

My fiance is going to New Delhi and his biometric appointment is Nov 4th and the interview is Nov 7th.

He just has to schedule the medical appointment which he will do soon. We want to schedule it at least 2 weeks before the interview. He ended up paying the VISA fee in person at one of the banks listed and got the receipt.

I really am thankful for Visajourney because I've learned so much about the process. I saved so much money from going to a lawyer! My uncle used one for his wife and he told me he paid several thousands of dollars.

This process I will say went quicker and smoother than expected. Now time to prepare for the interview!!! :rolleyes:

Yay! yay! yay!! moving quickly!! :dancing:

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/13 - Notice received RFE reply

9/19 - NOA 2

10/12 - Called NVC & Received Case Number, Case Ready at Embassy

10/17 - Received NVC Case Number Letter in mail

12/2 - Interview (Denial, 221g issued asking more relationship proof)

12/8 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/9 - 221g issued again asking for more relationship proof (same items they asked for previously)

12/16 - passport returned to fiance in mail with 2nd 221g letter

12/23 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/27, 12/28, 12/29 Date updated on case

1/5 Passport Status changed to "passport being processed for delivery" CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/9 Passport delivered to hometown with VISA ISSUED!! CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/26 POE Seattle

2/25 Married (CEAC status still says visa is in "administrative processing" - haha)

Timeline

Hi all! Yeah I'll be happy to be in touch with you guys too. Ans because we won't be filing for Aos and other things the same time , it's good to create a separate group, somewhere else. For those who want Facebook is a good one to use. What do y'all think? Plus we can notice not everyone is posting here anymore as people starting to get busy with docs preparation and interviews as well...???

ROC Journey

Timeline

I think facebook would be good. :D Count me in, just let me know what I need to do when it gets to that point.

~ Allison, the USC

Timeline

Okay...drop your Facebook account so I can create the group.

ROC Journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.