khanzada

Apply for visa after parents arrive

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My grandmother applied Sponsor Visa (Immigrant Visa) for our family 10 years ago and now my parents got everything sort and got Visa week before. They didn't call me and my brother. Can anyone please let me know how can we apply for US visa if so which one? Please suggest. Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

How old were you when your grandmother sponsored your family?

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

you both aged out, so you won't be coming with your parents

once your parents come, they can file for both of you

the wait is over 7 years, you can come and visit on a visa waiver, but never overstay your 90 day visit or you will never get a GC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Not really; using a visiting visa/ the visa waiver program with the intent of moving to the USA and staying is immigration fraud.

You could try for a work visa, or a student visa if you have the money to study and not work, but these are independent from your family visa.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Are in going to college? You can try for a visitor visa but it will take some time and requires you to have been accepted to a school and proof of the money for tuition. It is also a non-immigrant visa (which means you will have to return to your country after completing school).

Best advice is if you get a visitor visa, visit your family here whenever you can but it is best not to overstay on your visits. But you can't use a visitor visa to stay permanently.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Are you a British citizen? If so, you should be eligible for the visa waiver program where you can visit for up to 90 days. But you won't be able to immigrate that way.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.