17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

it means the evidence was not considered strong enough to grant visa

Gather more concrete evidence of the relationship to take to the 27th interview

you need to prove this is real relationship

photos of the 2 of you

financee with your family

stamps on financee passport to show the times he / she visited your country and you

or

itinerary where he/ she traveled to you

chats

phone calls

emails

cards

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I appreciate your response. But these are things I gave them.

Whatsapp chats and calls.

Facebook texts and wall posts.

Recepits.

Flight itinerary for both of us showing that we met in istanbul in march/2016.

She is also here with me but won't be allowed to enter the consulate.

The C/O did not ask for more evidence, she only wrote review application.

Since she is here, do u suggest we snap more pictures before the date is due?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Take her passport in with you and let them know she is waiting outside. Request that she attend the interview with you. Make sure you have all the dates of meeting, visits, birth dates, anniversary etc correct.

Use these wiki guide to prepare:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Consular_Interview_Questions

Ghana can be very difficult. You can read about others experiences in the embassy reviews and Ghana portal.

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Ghana&cty=&dfilter=5

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

And what did your sheet say to bring . Same thing happened to me and another person here on visa journey about a week and half ago . They are giving u a second chance because they will deny quick if they are doubtful so be grateful but get equipped . They can still deny on be next date . ... our new date is in July . Our sheet doesn't say to bring anything all she told my fiancé is to wait and she will see what she can do. Think long and hard about ur interview . What were some points the counselor brought up or paused at that made her skeptical . That's what u need to focus on and bring proof of on ur next date .

Edited by A&Oforever

Timeline

I'm in same boat... Consular officer wants to see chat records dating from 2014-2016 and also wants new and current tax transcripts... Gather all u can and don't forget prayer openes doors

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves that phase. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

And what did your sheet say to bring . Same thing happened to me and another person here on visa journey about a week and half ago . They are giving u a second chance because they will deny quick if they are doubtful so be grateful but get equipped . They can still deny on be next date . ... our new date is in July . Our sheet doesn't say to bring anything all she told my fiancé is to wait and she will see what she can do. Think long and hard about ur interview . What were some points the counselor brought up or paused at that made her skeptical . That's what u need to focus on and bring proof of on ur next date .

Timeline

I was not asked to bring any additional documents. But she made a statement relating to the limitation of the pictured I provided. I gave them 67 pictures. My fiance is here, do u think we should snap more? The C.O did not ask for any more docs. Rather she kept our evidence of relationship and gave me back my passport.

Don't take any new picture. Believe me if you do, you will be denied. They want to see picture of your ongoing relationship not after the interview. If you send new pictures, they will be verified. They have a way to determine when pictures were taken and where. IF YOU DONT HAVE MORE PICTURES FROM THE PAST, JUST SAY THATS ALL I HAVE. It's better to be honest than to put yourself in some kind of situation.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

hmmmm For us, she did not ask for anything else but also did not take anything, gave our evidence back to us. so i am wondering what she will analyze for this next month since all she has is our frontloaded material. also on our sheet she actually put , needs oath and fingerprint for my fiance so i guess they will make him do that again. if you want to add more pics i think that is fine. just normal ones you would take since your fiance is still there with you and make a new album of most current trip and things you guys are doing while she is there. also show more proof of preparation for the wedding. since she is in Ghana is she sewing her dress. receipts from ring purchase. maybe pre wedding professional pictures. also potential venue payment receipt for the place you all might be doing the wedding in the us. you have to let them know a real wedding is gonna happen when you get to the U.S. and all family members are in involved. you want to send the message that its not some low key scam where you are bamboozling an american to get you here or that the petitioner is being paid. put your self in the counselors shoes. what is there to doubt about you all and proof it is not so. and also practice more interview questions that arent your normal ones. you need to know everything cuz if they interview again it will be harder questions. also did you get km, older white lady??

Edited by A&Oforever

Timeline

I know this question is irrelevant. But I'm just curious, how often is visa issued when u are being interviewed and reschedule for another day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.