Halalbrother

Administrative processing after interview US embassy in Cairo

1,857 posts in this topic

Yes,it's a good sign because they will never ask for these documents if the consular will rejected it so just be patient sis he will be issued soon and look at CEAC for any date change,keep us updated

I'm praying for good news, Just check, still showing AP. :( I'm emailing them next week.

Edited by maddee154

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Hi guys,

I have crossed by mostly you talked about the new horror and nightmare of AP lol I can tell with all honor I wanna ask about the membership fees of joining this AP club ..... i'm just joking ;) because as everyone here is frustrated and depressed according to another wait game.

I just feel sorry for all of you guys specially these who under AP for more than 3 months which is very painful to be apart from your partner and some their kids too. Hopefully everyone can hear good news as soon as possible to be with their loved ones.

Here is our story My fiance interview was on OCT 25th 2016, the interview was so far so good after 2 hours inside the US embassy in RYD. The VO took his fingerprint and told him have a seat the CO will ask you a few questions, anywhow after he answered the CO questions he told him to oath and took his fingerprint for the 2nd time. then the CO told him to get back to the VO he was given a pamphlet of welcoming to america and his violence rights. then he told him to pay for the courier company to send your passport back when it's ready. He asked the VO what is the result of the interview he told him congrats :) which we wanna hear it. however the ceca visa status went this way after the interview: from the same day of interview OCT 25th, 27th and 30th to 'READY' consecutively then on OCT 31st the creation date and status update date both of them changed to OCT 31st then went to 'ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING' and the status visa went from immigrant to nonimmigrant. Since then there is no update.

We start to get stressed specially since the VO didn't give him any slip of 221g to put the visa status under AP and he kept his passport.

So NOV 4TH we emailed the embassy and sent to them:

if there was any missing documents? why the case went under AP without mentioning that in the interview or given him a slip to explain the situation specially since the VO said congrats?

however the embassy answered back the next day:

No more documents requested and the case is under administrative processing.

this general answer didn't satisfy us, we decided to send to them another on NOV 13th any update regarding our case.

after 2 days the embassy relied us saying:

Thanks for your e-mail.

Your case is under mandatory administrative processing, we will notify you when it is completed.

Regards,

which is not the answer wouldn't hear from them, I don't if we were bothering them. however, it's our right to inquire about our case since we have no clear answer to make us calm down or sit back and keep busy till this process is OVER inhsh'a allah.

we called DOS twice on NOV 14th & 17th. in both conditions they said the same, which is everything looks good here and the case was approved on OCT 25th and went under AP and there is no update since then. ( she said the visa was approved like the VO said but how could she see the status under AP which was changed on OCT 31st and she said the last update she saw is OCT 25th) I guess there is something not accurate!!!

However, we asked if the case in DC or in the embassy, they said the case in the embassy pending. after a while we called the NVC said the same story nothing new.

what we observe in all this hassle that there wasn't any update to our visa status with all these respond from them whether from embassy, DOS or NVC!

SORRY FOR TAKING LING TO EXPLAIN OUR STOY. ONCE AGAIN ALL THE BEST FOR ALL OF US

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi guys,

I have crossed by mostly you talked about the new horror and nightmare of AP lol I can tell with all honor I wanna ask about the membership fees of joining this AP club ..... i'm just joking ;) because as everyone here is frustrated and depressed according to another wait game.

I just feel sorry for all of you guys specially these who under AP for more than 3 months which is very painful to be apart from your partner and some their kids too. Hopefully everyone can hear good news as soon as possible to be with their loved ones.

Here is our story My fiance interview was on OCT 25th 2016, the interview was so far so good after 2 hours inside the US embassy in RYD. The VO took his fingerprint and told him have a seat the CO will ask you a few questions, anywhow after he answered the CO questions he told him to oath and took his fingerprint for the 2nd time. then the CO told him to get back to the VO he was given a pamphlet of welcoming to america and his violence rights. then he told him to pay for the courier company to send your passport back when it's ready. He asked the VO what is the result of the interview he told him congrats :) which we wanna hear it. however the ceca visa status went this way after the interview: from the same day of interview OCT 25th, 27th and 30th to 'READY' consecutively then on OCT 31st the creation date and status update date both of them changed to OCT 31st then went to 'ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING' and the status visa went from immigrant to nonimmigrant. Since then there is no update.

We start to get stressed specially since the VO didn't give him any slip of 221g to put the visa status under AP and he kept his passport.

So NOV 4TH we emailed the embassy and sent to them:

if there was any missing documents? why the case went under AP without mentioning that in the interview or given him a slip to explain the situation specially since the VO said congrats?

however the embassy answered back the next day:

No more documents requested and the case is under administrative processing.

this general answer didn't satisfy us, we decided to send to them another on NOV 13th any update regarding our case.

after 2 days the embassy relied us saying:

Thanks for your e-mail.

Your case is under mandatory administrative processing, we will notify you when it is completed.

Regards,

which is not the answer wouldn't hear from them, I don't if we were bothering them. however, it's our right to inquire about our case since we have no clear answer to make us calm down or sit back and keep busy till this process is OVER inhsh'a allah.

we called DOS twice on NOV 14th & 17th. in both conditions they said the same, which is everything looks good here and the case was approved on OCT 25th and went under AP and there is no update since then. ( she said the visa was approved like the VO said but how could she see the status under AP which was changed on OCT 31st and she said the last update she saw is OCT 25th) I guess there is something not accurate!!!

However, we asked if the case in DC or in the embassy, they said the case in the embassy pending. after a while we called the NVC said the same story nothing new.

what we observe in all this hassle that there wasn't any update to our visa status with all these respond from them whether from embassy, DOS or NVC!

SORRY FOR TAKING LING TO EXPLAIN OUR STOY. ONCE AGAIN ALL THE BEST FOR ALL OF US

Welcome here and don't worry it's just a process,keep in touch with the embassy and I hope to hear some good news from you soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Hi, No nothing..... I've finished my 5 month under AP, I don't know whats going on!! I don't have a single Update. They did not answer my E-mail or Update my case because of the E-mail....

:( so mad and frustrate...tired of waiting :unsure:

we r so sorry to hear that!

we can understand how it's frustrating to be with no update for 5 months, stay strong and have a faith. there is no update even when you call DOS?

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Awww I very sorry to hear...did u got in contact with NVC?

No I did not. when the Embassy did not answer the Emails, So NVC may do this...

we r so sorry to hear that!

we can understand how it's frustrating to be with no update for 5 months, stay strong and have a faith. there is no update even when you call DOS?

I did not call DOS, just E-mail the Embassy once a month before..yet Nothing

Edited by Sata

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sat and ahmed u will soon be cleared from AP insha allah make lots of dua.

In sha Allah bro,may Allah accept your Duaa,wish for all of us the best

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.