BlArn

K1 June 2016 Filers

1,983 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Thanks for all the congrats and good luck to all those waiting. I was very lucky to have everything processed so quickly.

My fiance and I are so excited! Medical went well today. We will be sending off her passport on the 28th through dhl. We were told to register for dhl but I already had, so no need to do it twice. On the 27th the medical results get mailed to embassy and from feedback we gathered the medical went well. We are hoping by the first week of July to have the visa in hand, at which point we can decide on what date to buy the ticket for...

woooow congratz. :dancing: :joy:

edit: what? first week of the july?

Edited by DorothyLa
AOS, EAD
Spoiler

Sent (i-485, i-765) : 4 March '17

Received: 6 March '17

Noa1: 22 March '17

Hardcopy received: 25 March '17

I-485 RFIE: 29 March '17

RFIE response received: 19 April '17

Biometrics: 20 April '17

Service Request: 12 June '17 (100 days)

Answer: Case is in our current processing time 13 June '17

2nd Service Request: 3 July '17 (118 days)

New card is producing: 5 July '17 (120 days) NOTE* they didn't even assign someone to my Service request.

K1 
Spoiler

Sent : 6 June '16

Noa1 : 9 June '16

Noa2 : 18 August '16

NVC Received: 30 August '16

Case Number Assigned: 1 September '16

Interview date: 5 December '16

Missing papers: i-134 and police record. Gonna send ASAP.

Sent missing papers : 3 January '17

Ap : 5 January '17

Ap update and got mail that says documents received: 9 January '17

Ready and nonimmigrant visa: 13 January '17

Issued: 17 January '17

Visa in the hand: 18 January '17

POE: 26 January '17

Marriage Date: 3 February '17

TOOK  7 MONTHS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello guys. Our visa was approved today. Thanks everyone here and to VJ.

Appointment was today 6:30am. I lodged in a hotel 15mins walk from the consulate. Woke up 4am and got ready. Wore a dark Grey suit, a white shirt and a blue tie. A black shoe. I called my BABY and said a prayer together via Skype.

Came out from my hotel room 4:40. I wanted to walk down but I was advised by one of the guard at the hotel to use a taxi since it's not so safe.

I took a taxi and I was there at the consulate at about 4:46, but I paid so much for the taxi but who cares. Lol.

By 5:30 there were over 200 people. By 6:40 the security check took place, I was given a little slip to fill which asked my name, petitioners name, my address, phone no and email. We were told to unseal the sealed medical envelope. It was somehow weird. I asked the security officer, he said for security reason. I did. Wen I got inside the consulate, I was asked for my confirmation letter, I presented it but the official said I need to present another one. I asked which one he asked me to step out of the queue, I did. Later he allowed the man behind me entrance with the same confirmation letter I had. I approached him to ask why he is denying me entrance into the interview hall. He said because that man applied for a immigrant visa then I told him mine is k1 visa. He said okay go in, at that point I was a little bit irritated. I told him sir please do your work well and he said sorry sir. We were asked to fill the slip that was given us. Later a lady called me, a Nigerian. She asked for the slip, my passport, 2passport photographs, payment receipt, confirmation letter, police clearance and my medical . I submitted them, she left to get our file guess from NVC and she placed my documents inside the file. She asked for a photocopy of my birth certificate, I told her I only have the original copy. She asked why I didn't come with a photo copy, I said because they only asked for original copy. She took it and ask me to go seat down they will call my number written on my ds_160 confirmation. Three minutes later my number was called. I went straight to the window. I saw a lady with a stern looking face. She asked me to raise my hand for an oath to say nothing but the truth.

She asked three questions

1 was the name of your petitioner

2 how did you meet her

3 have you seen her before. Answer Yes I visited her March this year.

Congratulations sir, enjoy your stay in the United States.

She gave me back my birth certificate and a white sheet of paper and said your visa will be ready in 2 weeks.

We filed our case June 2.

I wish you all the best.

Congrats. I cant believe i have to wait 2 and a half month for my interview. it is just so frustrating. i thought i can get the interview for october. things sounds it was so smooth for you. i am glad for you.

Guys, it seems that our file got delivered to embassy monday around noon per dhl tracker and nvc case still shows in transit ;( did it happened to you ?

yes. mine just got ready but dhl says they got it at 9 september.

AOS, EAD
Spoiler

Sent (i-485, i-765) : 4 March '17

Received: 6 March '17

Noa1: 22 March '17

Hardcopy received: 25 March '17

I-485 RFIE: 29 March '17

RFIE response received: 19 April '17

Biometrics: 20 April '17

Service Request: 12 June '17 (100 days)

Answer: Case is in our current processing time 13 June '17

2nd Service Request: 3 July '17 (118 days)

New card is producing: 5 July '17 (120 days) NOTE* they didn't even assign someone to my Service request.

K1 
Spoiler

Sent : 6 June '16

Noa1 : 9 June '16

Noa2 : 18 August '16

NVC Received: 30 August '16

Case Number Assigned: 1 September '16

Interview date: 5 December '16

Missing papers: i-134 and police record. Gonna send ASAP.

Sent missing papers : 3 January '17

Ap : 5 January '17

Ap update and got mail that says documents received: 9 January '17

Ready and nonimmigrant visa: 13 January '17

Issued: 17 January '17

Visa in the hand: 18 January '17

POE: 26 January '17

Marriage Date: 3 February '17

TOOK  7 MONTHS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I had the pleasure of doing the medical in Dublin today 470 dollars but whose counting. I've never been made to feel more uncomfortable in my entire life. Pricked and prodded and judged as defective. I'm over weight so the nurse assistant had a go at that and she said I had high blood pressure only for the doctor to take it again and correct her that infect my blood pressure is fine.

I was arrested in Ireland for being drunk in public over 7 years ago and he was really interested in that. He wrote a whole paragraph on it. No charges and I was never convicted, I'm a non drinker for 4 years for religious reasons no substance abuse problems at all he didn't care about that either.

Then asked me to pull my trousers down so he could hold my balls. Haha this visa thing just keeps getting worse. What will they ask of me next?. Oh just 425 euro and the coldest experience I've ever had in a medical practice.

Seriously can't wait for this Visa business to be over so I never have to think of Visas and embassies again. We are Only staying in the US for 3 years at most for school then we will move back to Ireland and live here. So much hassle.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Congrats. I cant believe i have to wait 2 and a half month for my interview. it is just so frustrating. i thought i can get the interview for october. things sounds it was so smooth for you. i am glad for you.

yes. mine just got ready but dhl says they got it at 9 september.

Thanks u dear ;)

Hi it's been 20 days since we got our NOA2. Do we call or just wait for the case number?

I would send them an email and call as well ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

The price in Australia (well Sydney) at least is going up $50 as of October...It will cost over $500. It is absolutely outrageous. I do not care as it is all worth being with my Fiance....but $500 to prove I dont have TB or Syphillus is just dumb!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi it's been 20 days since we got our NOA2. Do we call or just wait for the case number?

Hi call and get mnl case number

I29F: June 19, 2016

NOA1 : June 21, 2016

NOA2: August 23, 2016

Date package received by NVC: September 02, 2016

Manila case # assigned: September 02, 2016

Interview: September 29,2016

Timeline

CD of my chest x-ray

Ah si thanks to mention it, this is definitely somethingi could have forgot to take with me ! ?

CD of my chest x-ray

Ah si thanks to mention it, this is definitely somethingi could have forgot to take with me ! ?

Timeline

What's tge enail add?

Here it is : nvcinquiry@state.gov

Mention name and dob of both beneficiary and petitioner as well as the uscis case number

Mentionthat you are looking for your nvc number

Subject of email should be uscis case number

Good luck ;) they replied between 1 to 3 days ...

My fiancé sent his packet 3 back to the embassy, and will be there Friday, and embassy will set the interview about 2 weeks later. His medical is set for October 7th. Things are moving fast now!!!

My question is: when looking at your case status online what will it change to after "ready"

I-129F sent- June 15

Lockbox received- June 16

Noa1- June 20

RFE- August 23

NOA2- September 1

NVC received- September 13

Case #- September 13

interview- October 31

POE- November 13

Married- November 23

My fiancé sent his packet 3 back to the embassy, and will be there Friday, and embassy will set the interview about 2 weeks later. His medical is set for October 7th. Things are moving fast now!!!

My question is: when looking at your case status online what will it change to after "ready"

I think Issued but I am not sure

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.