BlArn

K1 June 2016 Filers

1,983 posts in this topic

Timeline

for example, this person from may filer got his noa2 at 8/4 NVC received his file at 8/12

it took only 5 days (edit: 5 week day) for him. everything is faster, just wanted to help. if you want to wait extra 1-3 more week it is perfectly ok for me.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=237114

Totally true. I also always advise start calling in a 3-5 days, sometimes it's fast and you wish to schedule your interview and all fast. Everybody is calling 20 times a day and I never heard about immigration employees being upset about it, they just put you on hold

Tasha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hey guys what is the benefit of calling the NVC early and having the case number before they email it out? Don't you have to wait until your case gets to the Embassy to schedule an interview anyway, so the clock only starts once it gets to the Embassy? You can fill in the DS160 but that only takes an hour anyway.

Im confused with all this ringing early and trying to go two steps ahead of the process. I think sometimes when I read this forum I know less then I did before reading it...lol

PS congrats to them that got their NOA2's and it wont be long for the rest of June filers that are waiting.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have read and seen on You Tube where people suggest staying off of media like this because this is instant and a government bureaucracy is anything but. I mean I found out about my NOA 2 by going on the USCIS website. I received neither an e mail nor text as I received a text for NOA1. I like others am thankful I did not have to wait for 5 long months. I also pray that all on this thread get there loved ones here by Christmas. That is my hope for all of us and I feel is reasonable estimate for most and what a great present that would be for all. Well except my fiancé is from the Phils and has never experienced a temp. below say 70. It will be around freezing when she arrives. New wardrobe for her :dancing: . I realize she is the one making the biggest sacrifice. Leaving her culture friends and family, I aim to make it as smooth and painless as possible.

Enough of my saturday rant.

Timeline

Hey guys what is the benefit of calling the NVC early and having the case number before they email it out? Don't you have to wait until your case gets to the Embassy to schedule an interview anyway, so the clock only starts once it gets to the Embassy? You can fill in the DS160 but that only takes an hour anyway.

Im confused with all this ringing early and trying to go two steps ahead of the process. I think sometimes when I read this forum I know less then I did before reading it...lol

PS congrats to them that got their NOA2's and it wont be long for the rest of June filers that are waiting.

if you got NVC number earlier, means your file will be send to your embassy sooner, also you can start with police record and medical having the NVC number, schedule your interview having your NVC number and plan and prepare for the interview everything

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Thank you. I use comic sans for my font because i think it looks smooth. It is readable.

So i just wanted to show you, i tell you guys to call them every day after one week because i read like that. Not just because i am impatient.

I can quote more. You dont have to call them everyday. But most of vj members calls everyday to get their number.

I don't feel like i have to defend myself. I shared my feelings over here i found support and i really felt better after i read their comments. Thank you.

Please Dorothy, read my post. Your reference posts are from 2012. This is not current or helpful information. I posted about someone who called recently and their responses.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello everyone we sent our package in May 31 and USCIS received on June 3, but we don't have our Noa 2, this waiting is so frustrating and sad. I hope we can see our approvals soon I have my trust in God.

event.png

Based on the numbers in Igor's list, of the June filers

245 total

6 RFE

97 approved

That puts the number of 129s touched at 42 percent and most months seem done at 90 percent complete, so almost half way there. Hang in there, it's coming!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Please Dorothy, read my post. Your reference posts are from 2012. This is not current or helpful information. I posted about someone who called recently and their responses.
If you dont want to call them, dont. No pressure about anything. If you want to find 2016 references use search button.

Hello everyone we sent our package in May 31 and USCIS received on June 3, but we don't have our Noa 2, this waiting is so frustrating and sad. I hope we can see our approvals soon I have my trust in God.

Diana, same here. NOA1 received June 2, and still waiting for NAO2 as well. Yes, it's frustrating!!!

It should be so annoying. Some people get their noa2 83-84 days after their noa1. Next week might be your week. Never lose hope, you guys are closer than yesterday.

I mean approx getting the noa2 is 75 days after the noa1. So if some people get their noa2 like 50-70 days later, it is so possible for you guys to get your noa2 like 70-90 days later. so aprox will be 75. Hang in there, you will get it.

AOS, EAD
Spoiler

Sent (i-485, i-765) : 4 March '17

Received: 6 March '17

Noa1: 22 March '17

Hardcopy received: 25 March '17

I-485 RFIE: 29 March '17

RFIE response received: 19 April '17

Biometrics: 20 April '17

Service Request: 12 June '17 (100 days)

Answer: Case is in our current processing time 13 June '17

2nd Service Request: 3 July '17 (118 days)

New card is producing: 5 July '17 (120 days) NOTE* they didn't even assign someone to my Service request.

K1 
Spoiler

Sent : 6 June '16

Noa1 : 9 June '16

Noa2 : 18 August '16

NVC Received: 30 August '16

Case Number Assigned: 1 September '16

Interview date: 5 December '16

Missing papers: i-134 and police record. Gonna send ASAP.

Sent missing papers : 3 January '17

Ap : 5 January '17

Ap update and got mail that says documents received: 9 January '17

Ready and nonimmigrant visa: 13 January '17

Issued: 17 January '17

Visa in the hand: 18 January '17

POE: 26 January '17

Marriage Date: 3 February '17

TOOK  7 MONTHS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ivory Coast
Timeline

I can understand the frustration when people you have filed earlier have yet to receive an answer. We all want the same thing and we are all here for each other. Let's try to keep it that way.

hey all!

we got our NOA2 yesterday! On my fiancé's birthday too. Pretty cool gift!

fingers crossed that next week all the June filers will have an answer! Keep up the faith y'all! :dancing::luv:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi,

I think it's important to make a distinction about the Dorothy discussion. I think everyone has been generally supportive. Everyone understands the anxiety of waiting to see if something will finally keep moving. So many times, when someone got approved, she would complain. And we supported her - even when her estimated adjudication date was still ahead of her. I think that we have been understanding. However, I think Dorothy, while I know it's uncomfortable that this has come up, you should also hear us out and also try to understand where we are coming from and also compromise. Each time I was seeing your impatience, it would upset me because I would start to miss my fiancé more than I already do. I think it's unfair to blame culture in this instance. I'm full Latina from South America...does that mean I am allowed to be impetuous and tell you each time because I miss my fiancé? No way. Unfortunately, there is no way to say it any more nicely as people have tried because it's uncomfortable. We are all learning how to manage this, so here we are, trying to learn! You are still supported, Dorothy, sincerely. Let's just be considerate of eachother. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.