Anamaria89

Interview scheduled next day they cancelled

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Good morning!

Yesterday early am I got this email:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview

On June 7, 2016, we scheduled you for your interview and mailed you an interview notice for Receipt Number MSC****. Your interview is on July 14, 2016. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your interview notice by July 7, 2016, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

If your case status indicates that you are currently in this step, you have either been scheduled for an interview or are in line to be scheduled for an interview. The amount of time your application will remain in this step will vary by office and is largely determined by the number of cases ahead of yours. The interview notice will have specifics about time, location and anything you will need to bring to your interview. If your application remains pending beyond our normal processing times (as shown below) please contact our national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. Please note that not every application/applicant will require an interview. In some instances, an interview is required by regulation and others an interview is requested because USCIS has determined that this is the most efficient means to determine eligibility. For a naturalization application the interview will include your taking the required English and/or Civics tests (unless exempt or waived).

This morning early am like yesterday I got this update:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On June 8, 2016, we cancelled your interview for your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number MSC******, and mailed you a cancellation notice. We will notify you by mail if the appointment is rescheduled, a decision is made, or if we need something from you. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by July 8, 2016, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go towww.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

If your case status indicates that you are currently in this step, you have either been scheduled for an interview or are in line to be scheduled for an interview. The amount of time your application will remain in this step will vary by office and is largely determined by the number of cases ahead of yours. The interview notice will have specifics about time, location and anything you will need to bring to your interview. If your application remains pending beyond our normal processing times (as shown below) please contact our national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. Please note that not every application/applicant will require an interview. In some instances, an interview is required by regulation and others an interview is requested because USCIS has determined that this is the most efficient means to determine eligibility. For a naturalization application the interview will include your taking the required English and/or Civics tests (unless exempt or waived).

Anyone knows what is happening? I am AOS from previously J1 and B2. I knew we gonna have an interview , I do not think they will avoi the interview like the people that adjust the status from K1 , but any opinions?

I am moving on Saturday and I am worried that with that something wil be lost in the mail.

Thank you

I got the same exact thing. I'm adjusting from K1. I called this morning and only got the same old "wait for a notice in the mail" excuse. No Idea what is going on.

Filed I-129f petition---------------- 01.07.2015

Hardcopy NOA1 rec.----------------01.23.2015

K1 Visa Received---------------------10.09.2015

Married--------------------------------- 12.12.2015

Filed AOS/EAD-------------------------02.02.2016

AOS/EAD NOA1 rec.------------------02.08.2016

EAD Approved--------------------------04.11.2016

:reading:You can read more about my immigration journey on my blog as well as get tips and information about the process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Not sure but a freind was suppose to have CR 1 interview yesterday and it was cancelled at last minute

I wonder if computers are down again / it happened a year ago and all embassies had to delay entering informaiton into system

this seems like all interviews CR 1, K1 , AOS, all

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Good morning!

On June 7, 2016, we scheduled you for your interview and mailed you an interview notice for Receipt Number MSC****. Your interview is on July 14, 2016. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your interview notice by July 7, 2016, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

On June 8, 2016, we cancelled your interview for your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number MSC******, and mailed you a cancellation notice. We will notify you by mail if the appointment is rescheduled, a decision is made, or if we need something from you. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by July 8, 2016, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go towww.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Anyone knows what is happening? I am AOS from previously J1 and B2. I knew we gonna have an interview , I do not think they will avoi the interview like the people that adjust the status from K1 , but any opinions?

I am moving on Saturday and I am worried that with that something wil be lost in the mail.

Thank you

Some advice, we recently moved and are adjusting from b-2 visas. change all your address stuff NOW.Also forward all your mail at the post office to the new address now. Most of it can be done online here https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/displayCOAForm. Do remember that the I-864 has to be mailed(filled out by the sponsor), it cant be done online. We left a nice letter to the new home owners to please contact us if they receive any mail as it was super important for immigration, and they got our RFE that we wouldn't have gotten in time if they didn't call us to come pick it up. If you live in an apartment I would make sure to talk to your mailman and ask him to leave any mail with the apartment manager.

Just my 2 cents

Harry

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread is moved from the "AOS from WS&T Visas" main forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 2 months later...

My interview was cancelled and then rescheduled. I have received the interview letter for the new date. Do I still show up for the cancelled appointment just to be safe?

AOS FROM - F1 OPT                                                                                                                                             ROC
Day 00 - Jun-08-2016 - AOS Package Delivered [Chicago Lockbox]                                                          Day 00 - Mar-12-2018 - ROC Package Delivered [California Service Center] 

Day 13 - Jun-21-2016 - Hardcopy NOA  for I-485, I-130, I-765                                                                   Day 09 - Mar-21-2018- Check Cashed                                                                   

Day 17 - Jun-25-2016 - Biometrics Letter [Appointment July 5]                                                                 Day 11 - Mar-23-2018-Received NOA Letter

Day 50 - Jul-28-2016 -  Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled for an Interview                                                 Day 68 - May-18-2018 - Received Biometrics WAIVER Letter

Day 61 - Aug-08-2016 - AOS Interview Letter [interview Date Sept 7]                                                       Day 159 -Aug-17-2018 - Received 18 Month Extension Letter

Day 71 - Aug-17-2016 - Interview Cancellation Letter [unforeseen Circumstances]                              Day 406-Apr-22-2019 - New Card Is Being Produced

Day 79 - Aug-25-2016 - New AOS Interview Letter [New Interview Date Sept 27]                                   Day 410-Apr26-2019 - Received ROC Approval Letter

Day 85 - Aug-31-2016 - Received EAD Card                                                                                                    Day 414- Apr-30-2019 - Received 10-year Green Card :dance:

Day 112 -Sep-27-2016 - AOS Interview [Case Status: New Card Is Being Produced]                              N400   5-yr-based                      

Day 118 -Oct-03-2016 -  Received AOS Approval Letter                                                                               Day 00 - Mar-12-2021- Submitted N400 Application online

Day 121 -Oct-06-2016 - Received Conditional Green Card [ROC opens ~ Mar 10, 2018]                       Day 322 - Jan-28-2022- N400 Interview Scheduled

Day 353 - Feb-26-2022- Interviewed. Approved. Same Day Oath 🇺🇸

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

My interview was cancelled and then rescheduled. I have received the interview letter for the new date. Do I still show up for the cancelled appointment just to be safe?

I wouldn't show up for the old interview. As long as you have a Letter showing the new interview date your good to go.

Harry

• 4 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline
On 6/8/2016 at 10:20 AM, Anamaria89 said:

Good morning!

Thank you

Hello, did you get rescheduled? Mine was cancelled this month. I showed up for cancelled appointment only to be turned away. I'm expecting a baby in June. Hope they don't reschedule for then.

Chejemmie Timeline:​
7/31/2013​ - Moved to US on F1 visa
4/16/2014​ - Married LPR; in relationship for 12yrs
12/30/​2014 - Applied for F2A visa on I-130 (Vermont)
12/31/2014 - P​D
1/5/2015 - NOA1 received
8/27/2015 - Case transferred to California
9/22/2015 - Petition approved (NOA2) Case send to NVC
10/22/2015 - Filed AOS application at Chicago Lockbox.
10/27/2015 - Case received by NVC
11/2/2015 - Received welcome letter.<p>
11/4/2015 - Received receipt notice for I-485 and EAD via text and email
12/07/15 - inquiry on status of biometric
12/21/15 - response via mail that case in pre-processing stage
12/28/15 - inquiry on status of EAD
12/29/15 - response via mail; in suspension until bio is done. Also received bio appointment for 01/12/16.

01/12/16- bio appointment successful

01/12/16-received rfe via mail for joint sponsor and proof of imm. status

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 6/8/2016 at 8:20 AM, Anamaria89 said:

Good morning!

Thank you

Hi, can you update what happens next?  I'm in the exact situation here.  Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.