Jen718

I caught my own error :(

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hello all!

We're new to this. Today I took my packet of forms and evidence to the post office and sent it off with the money order for our K-1 fiancé Visa. I scanned and emailed the entire packet to my fiancé so he can have a copy for his own records and he looked them over and noticed I made a typo on his postal code in one section of the I-129F form. I know I should have had him look it over before I mailed it out, I got ahead of myself. Will something this simple hold thing up, or even get us denied? The address is correct in ever other area it appears.

Hello all!

We're new to this. Today I took my packet of forms and evidence to the post office and sent it off with the money order for our K-1 fiancé Visa. I scanned and emailed the entire packet to my fiancé so he can have a copy for his own records and he looked them over and noticed I made a typo on his postal code in one section of the I-129F form. I know I should have had him look it over before I mailed it out, I got ahead of myself. Will something this simple hold thing up, or even get us denied? The address is correct in ever other area it appears.

i know that feeling. there can't be definitive answer to your question. going by my gut feeling. i think you will be okay.

Filed: Country: France
Timeline

It won't be a basis for your case to be denied. USCIS will mail the decision notice to your address in the U.S. anyway, so it won't be lost in the mail in your fiance's home country. Just have your fiance draw the typo to the officer's attention on the day of his interview.

My fiancé wrote my postal code down wrong, too. 19xx.. instead of 29xx.. I got a call from the Consulate that packet 3 was mailed out to me but send back five days later because my fiancé filled the wrong postal code. They weren't really happy with it but they wrote down the good one and 2 days later I had it in the mail. They won't be certainly happy with it but it's ok. You won't be denied based on that, they don't even look at it. Just make sure to e-mail to immigrantvisasams@state.gov once you petition is approved and at the consulate to let them know.

Edited by stephadams

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Timeline

Thank you all!!! I am the US citizen. I will be sure to let him know to bring it up during his interview. I was stressing about it when he pointed it out. Our story is 12 years in the making. I'm not waiting for my man anymore! Haha

Oh, then it's all good. Don't worry.

If they need his address, it will be at the embassy stage. The embassy probably contacts the petitioner first, and then He will need to fill ds160 and at the interview they will ask him to confirm address anyway.

Good luck and lots of patience to you on your journey.

Oh, then it's all good. Don't worry.

If they need his address, it will be at the embassy stage. The embassy probably contacts the petitioner first, and then He will need to fill ds160 and at the interview they will ask him to confirm address anyway.

Good luck and lots of patience to you on your journey.

No, don't wait until the interview. You can't even. Packet 3 will be send to the adress that is provided on the original I-129F form, so for them (as well for me), the wrong postal code. The Consulate does not know this and will just send it to that adress, so make sure on when your approved petition is on it's way to the Netherlands, e-mail the Consulate with good information and explanation. This will help because for example, it delays even more.

Naturalization                                                        
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  

'Merica. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey, that is not a reason to be denied I assure you that.

You know whenever our package was on the NVC my fiance called to check the case number and stuff they ask him to confirm all my information, phone-adress-email-birth day to be sent to the embassy.

You'll be good don't worry ?

Timeline

No, don't wait until the interview. You can't even. Packet 3 will be send to the adress that is provided on the original I-129F form, so for them (as well for me), the wrong postal code. The Consulate does not know this and will just send it to that adress, so make sure on when your approved petition is on it's way to the Netherlands, e-mail the Consulate with good information and explanation. This will help because for example, it delays even more.

Thank you! Great advice! He will contact the Embassy and let them know what happened once we've received approval of our petition. I hope ours goes as quickly as yours! Though I'm sure it seems like it's taken forever for you, we've anticipated the worst, haha!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You should not be worry about that. Every now and then somebody do some sort of error. And when you have an opportunity you just need to clarify that and everything will be ok.

You might get an RFE questioning the error and asking for clarification. But I think that would be worst case. Try not to worry overmuch. :)

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

Gotcha. Good to know. My embassy sent the packet online and I assumed it would be the same, sorry op for giving bad advice! Best of luck and I hope this can be sorted out soon

You might get an RFE questioning the error and asking for clarification. But I think that would be worst case. Try not to worry overmuch. :)

Which error? They probably don't even see it, like with me. I had on my Intent ro Marry my right postal code and on the original petition the one number wrong. I don't think at all this will lead to an RFE or denial.

Naturalization                                                        

'Merica. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.