nathanp

joint sponsor

7 posts in this topic

my wife went to her interview yesterday and they told her once we add another sponsor shes approved..my question is whats the requirements for the sponsor.i mean how do we factor the poverty guideline?

my sister is willig to do it and thenonky person i know who will..she works making around 25000 a year..has 2 kids and a husband..im sure if she counted them 3 then my wife its not enough..but not sure ifnshe counts my wife and me or just my wife or what or if she can add herself and then my wife..since my brother in law makes enough for the 2 kids could my wife not add them and just use her income towards us?its been 2.5 years since i seen my wife..i need her here..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf

She would not have to count you. She would have to count herself and your fiance. I'm not sure about the rest of her family or about adding her husband's income. Someone more experienced with that will respond.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

sorry, but it doesn't work that way, she doesn't qualify, she needs to count herself, her family as household size plus your wife as the beneficiary

so she needs to make over the poverty guidelines for 5 people,

but if her husband does qualify, meaning he is a LPR or USC and they file takes jointly, maybe their combined income could work depending on how much they both make. In that case, she would file an i864 as your joint sponsor and her husband would fill out the i864A as her household member

their combined income needs to be over the poverty guidelines for 5 people

you, regardless of your income, filled out an i864 as sponsor and petitioner, so you will need to find another joint sponsor

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

my wife went to her interview yesterday and they told her once we add another sponsor shes approved..my question is whats the requirements for the sponsor.i mean how do we factor the poverty guideline? The Joint Sponsor must make enough for her household count and the intending immigrant based on the I-864p. Google "I-864p."

my sister is willig to do it and thenonky person i know who will..she works making around 25000 a year..has 2 kids and a husband..im sure if she counted them 3 then my wife its not enough Your sister's household count will be 5; her, her husband, her 2 kids, and your wife. Your sister's income is not enough for a household of 5. ..but not sure ifnshe counts my wife and me or just my wife or what or if she can add herself and then my wife. You are not counted in your sister's household. .since my brother in law makes enough for the 2 kids could my wife not add them and just use her income towards us? No. Your sister's household will include her kids. It doesn't matter if her husband makes enough for the kids. Your sister has no choice and must count the kids in her household. its been 2.5 years since i seen my wife..i need her here..

You have 2 choices; 1) get an income that enough for your household, or 2) convince your brother-in-law to be a household member to combine his income with his wife's and knowing that he could be financially responsible for your wife.

everyone else gave you your options but I have a side question....how did the NVC approve your case if you didn't make enough income? Or why did the consular say you needed another sponsor?

i make a little over 26000 a year..they told my wife i hd to add joint sponsor in order to be approved. i dont know why exactly.thats ehat they told her at the embassy...i think my brother in law makes a little less.im not 100 percent sure

my wife gave me more detail saying its from my dad..he did send 1 thats incomplete but i sent a letter back stating to have him removed as a joint sponsor..i sent an email and a letter as the woman i spoke with from the NVC stated i had to do 1 or the other to have him removed.to make sure it got done.i did both by email on NVC website to ask@nvc.com (or an address like that) and sent a hand written letter with my signature..i also sent my wife a scanned copy of this letter to take with her..but its almost like they want me to finish what my dad did as there were mistakes on it.it worries me though because he is now unemployed..here is the email i got..

We are unable to complete the processing of your Immigrant Visa application under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended, until you present the following documents or complete required action from your end:

AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT

From a Qualified Joint Sponsor: ANYONE

- Signed Affidavit of Support (I-864) from . Please be aware that photocopied and scanned copies of the completed I-864 will not be accepted.

- U.S. Federal Income Tax Return for most recent

- W-2 Form(s) for most recent

- Affidavit of Support (I-864A) with original signatures from if needed. Part 5 should be signed by the Qualified Joint Sponsor. The form may be downloaded at http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864a.pdf. Please be aware that photocopied and scanned copies of the completed I-864A will not be accepted.

WHAT TO DO NEXT:

* SUBMISSION OF REQUIRED DOCUMENT(S): Please use the 2GO courier service to return document to the Immigrant Visa Unit. Information on the procedure may be found at http://supplychain.2go.com.ph. ; This service is free of charge.

Please register your delivery address online. Failure to designate a delivery address will result in delayed delivery of your passport and/or visa. To register online, click on the “Select Document Delivery Address” link under the Immigrant Visas section of our website (http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/). Once there, click on the appropriate link to register a delivery address for the first time, or to change an existing delivery address. If you have any question(s) on how to register a delivery address, please contact Manila’s Visa Information and Appointment Service Center at (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501 or (632) 976-8502.

Sincerely,

U.S. Consular Officer

We are unable to complete the processing of your Immigrant Visa application under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended, until you present the following documents or complete required action from your end:

AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT

From a Qualified Joint Sponsor: ANYONE

- Signed Affidavit of Support (I-864) from . Please be aware that photocopied and scanned copies of the completed I-864 will not be accepted.

- U.S. Federal Income Tax Return for most recent

- W-2 Form(s) for most recent

- Affidavit of Support (I-864A) with original signatures from if needed. Part 5 should be signed by the Qualified Joint Sponsor. The form may be downloaded at http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864a.pdf. Please be aware that photocopied and scanned copies of the completed I-864A will not be accepted.

WHAT TO DO NEXT:

* SUBMISSION OF REQUIRED DOCUMENT(S): Please use the 2GO courier service to return document to the Immigrant Visa Unit. Information on the procedure may be found at http://supplychain.2go.com.ph. ; This service is free of charge.

Please register your delivery address online. Failure to designate a delivery address will result in delayed delivery of your passport and/or visa. To register online, click on the “Select Document Delivery Address” link under the Immigrant Visas section of our website (http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/). Once there, click on the appropriate link to register a delivery address for the first time, or to change an existing delivery address. If you have any question(s) on how to register a delivery address, please contact Manila’s Visa Information and Appointment Service Center at (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501 or (632) 976-8502.

Sincerely,

U.S. Consular Officer

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.