Mrs U

AOS June 2016 Filers

2,356 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Soooo I had my biometrics taken on July 5th... Month later and I've got another letter saying the FBI could not process my fingerprint card and i have to go back.. Why?!?! How ?!

Sometimes is something As stupid as they didn't get a clear enough print on 1 finger... I know it's frustrating but Aslong as your background is clear then you have nothing to be concerned about... FYI if they can't clear you the second time round instead of making you do it again they tell you to get a police report from the places you've lived within the last 5 years to show you have no crimanl background

April 8th: AOS sent

April 11th: Recieved at Chicago lockbox [Day 0]

April 25th: NOA1 date (never recieved e-notifications) [Day 14]

April 29th: NOA1 hard copy recieved in the mail [Day 18]

May 9th: "Fingerprint fee recieved" [Day 28]

May 12th: Reciept number's start working on USCIS case status website [Day 31]

May 20th: Biometrics letter recieved [Day 39]

June 1st: Biometric appointment [Day 51]

​November 12th: Interview letter received ​[Day 216]

December 1st: Interview day! APPROVED [Day 235]

December 5th: Case status changed from "fingerprint fee received" to "Approved" post dated Dec 1st [Day 239]

Received approval letter in the mail for Green card [Day 239]

December 6th: "Card was mailed to me" [Day 240]

December 8th: Green card received in mail!!! [day 242]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Palestine
Timeline

Glad to see everyone is seeing updates online, old updates but better than an RFE or nothing! Hopefully everyone will receive their EAD's at least!

Me and my wife sent our AOS package on the 3rd of June and have done the biometrics on the 6th of July!

I wonder how long we have to wait now to get the next update about our cases ?

AOS from K-1

06/06/2016 - Married

06/12/2016 - AOS filed

06/13/2016 - received at Chicago Lockbox [day 0]

06/21/2016 - NOA1 date [day 8]

06/27/2016 - NOA1 hard copy in mail [day 14]

07/01/2016 - Biometrics letter received [day 18]

07/13/2016 - Biometrics appointment [day 30]

08/29/2016 - SR online [day 77] (assigned to officer, response to inquiry sent, and completed all on the same day) => no confirmation email received

09/02/2016 - EAD & AP approval notices in mail (both dated 08/29/2016) [day 81]

All 3 cases online still on 'Case Was Received'
09/29/2016 - 2nd SR online for card to be mailed [day 108]
10/21/2016 - SR (finally) assigned and completed [day 130]
10/24/2016 - new card is being produced [day 133]

10/28/2016 - Infopass appointment [day 137]

10/28/2016 - GC approved - new card is being produced [day 137]

No interview!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello All,

I submitted my AOS/EAD/AP documents and they were received May 27 with my notices dated June 1. I had my biometrics done July 1 and then got an RFIE related to the taxes of the joint sponsor. Like the rest of you all 3 cases have finally been updated on the case tracker. I was curious to see what the status was on my EAD as my I-485 has an RFE (that I wont be able to send in for another week or two unfortunately). I called USCIS and they confirmed that my EAD will NOT be affected by the RFE and should be processed in the usual amount of time. They told me to call back August 10 (75 days from receipt) if I have not seen any updates.

This all sounds contrary to what I have read on here. Some of the posts are dated a few years back. I have a (really really) good job offer pending that will stand through August if I receive my EAD. I am starting to get really worried and the conflicting information is troublesome...If it all starts over I could be looking at the end of October or November before working.

Edited by harrisonanna

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hello All,

I submitted my AOS/EAD/AP documents and they were received May 27 with my notices dated June 1. I had my biometrics done July 1 and then got an RFIE related to the taxes of the joint sponsor. Like the rest of you all 3 cases have finally been updated on the case tracker. I was curious to see what the status was on my EAD as my I-485 has an RFE (that I wont be able to send in for another week or two unfortunately). I called USCIS and they confirmed that my EAD will NOT be affected by the RFE and should be processed in the usual amount of time. They told me to call back August 10 (75 days from receipt) if I have not seen any updates.

This all sounds contrary to what I have read on here. Some of the posts are dated a few years back. I have a (really really) good job offer pending that will stand through August if I receive my EAD. I am starting to get really worried and the conflicting information is troublesome...If it all starts over I could be looking at the end of October or November before working.

Contact Uscis you can request expedite on your EAD if you have a job offer... If they agree to expedite it they need you to fax the job offer over to confirm you really do have a job offer typically they approve your EAD within a few weeks of they approved the expedite Edited by Moslund

April 8th: AOS sent

April 11th: Recieved at Chicago lockbox [Day 0]

April 25th: NOA1 date (never recieved e-notifications) [Day 14]

April 29th: NOA1 hard copy recieved in the mail [Day 18]

May 9th: "Fingerprint fee recieved" [Day 28]

May 12th: Reciept number's start working on USCIS case status website [Day 31]

May 20th: Biometrics letter recieved [Day 39]

June 1st: Biometric appointment [Day 51]

​November 12th: Interview letter received ​[Day 216]

December 1st: Interview day! APPROVED [Day 235]

December 5th: Case status changed from "fingerprint fee received" to "Approved" post dated Dec 1st [Day 239]

Received approval letter in the mail for Green card [Day 239]

December 6th: "Card was mailed to me" [Day 240]

December 8th: Green card received in mail!!! [day 242]

Timeline

Hello All,

When did you receive your RFIE? We're afraid that we will receive one for the taxes as my wife(Petitioner) did not file for 2015 and 2014 as she was living in another country and could not file for taxes. I've done my biometrics on the 6th of July.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

When did you receive your RFIE? We're afraid that we will receive one for the taxes as my wife(Petitioner) did not file for 2015 and 2014 as she was living in another country and could not file for taxes. I've done my biometrics on the 6th of July.

July 12.

Timeline

July 12.

Thank you for your reply!

I hope they do not send anything though! We sent a letter that we got from the IRS saying that she did not have to file for these years! Hopefully it will pass though!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So, finally, all of my 3 cases could be accessed in the case tracker.

Waiting game begins again... -_-

K1:

May 12, 2015: I-129F Sent

May 19, 2015: NOA 1

June 23, 2015: NOA 2

September 22, 2015: Interview (Approved)

AOS:

June 3, 2016: AOS Sent via USPS Express Mail

June 22, 2016: NOA 1

August 19, 2016: EAD/AP Approved

April 25, 2017: AOS Approved

ROC:

February 1, 2019: I-751 Sent via USPS Priority Mail

February 8, 2019: NOA 1

August 24, 2020: Card Received

N400:

March 6, 2022: N-400 Filed Online

March 7, 2022: NOA 1 & Biometrics Reused

October 20, 2022: Interview (Approved)

November 10, 2022: Oath Ceremony

I130 Minor Children:

December 20, 2022: I-130 Filed Online

November 15, 2023: Approval Notice

November 19, 2023: NVC Received

December 11, 2023: DQ'ed

My cases started showing up yesterday, had an update date of 07/26/2016, I check it today and shows a new update date of today 07/27/2016...does this mean they looked at it or just the fact, I looked at it today?

I guess I can check again tomorrow to find out lol!! :)

AOS TimeLine

Adjusting from K-1 Visa

File/Sent (AOS/EAD/AP): 05/31/2016

Chicago Lock-Box Received (AOS/EAD/AP): 06/01/2016

Check Cashed: 06/09/2016

NOA1 (Email + Text x3): 06/10/2016

NOA1 Hardcopy (AOS/EAD/AP): 06/13/2016

Biometrics Letter: 06/24/2016 for 07/08/2016

Cases Appeared Online: 07/26/2016

Filed SR for EAD: 08/24/2016

SR assigned for response, Email Received and Completed - No Action Taken :( : 08/26/2016

90th Day from Received Date: 08/30/2016 - Still no approvals for AOS/EAD/AP

AOS Approved i485: 09/02/2016 - no Interview K1 Visa - Online Status never updated from finger print received

My Case Site updated showing approval for i485 AOS: 09/06/2016

Received Welcome Letter - i797 AOS approval: 09/09/2016 - filed paperwork in married name approval came in maiden - apparently USCIS saw fit to just add the name they wanted and not filed...

AOS updated to "Card Mailed to Me" no tracking number: 09/13/2016

Green Card Recieved: 09/15/2016 signed up for usps.com and never got any email/text about the delivery

ROC

I-751 - 07/09/2018

Timeline

My cases started showing up yesterday, had an update date of 07/26/2016, I check it today and shows a new update date of today 07/27/2016...does this mean they looked at it or just the fact, I looked at it today?

I guess I can check again tomorrow to find out lol!! :)

Well, i checked my case yesterday and today and still the last update is on the 25th so they might actually have done something to your case. Hopefully good thing :)

Well, i checked my case yesterday and today and still the last update is on the 25th so they might actually have done something to your case. Hopefully good thing :)

I am hoping it's something good too!! =) maybe it updates if they have some sort of check out system in place. Like if they need to look at a file they need to select that they have it checked out so others don't mess with it at the same time. The notice up top didn't change, still finger print fee received and the others show received messages. Maybe the agent is still fooling with it! :D

AOS TimeLine

Adjusting from K-1 Visa

File/Sent (AOS/EAD/AP): 05/31/2016

Chicago Lock-Box Received (AOS/EAD/AP): 06/01/2016

Check Cashed: 06/09/2016

NOA1 (Email + Text x3): 06/10/2016

NOA1 Hardcopy (AOS/EAD/AP): 06/13/2016

Biometrics Letter: 06/24/2016 for 07/08/2016

Cases Appeared Online: 07/26/2016

Filed SR for EAD: 08/24/2016

SR assigned for response, Email Received and Completed - No Action Taken :( : 08/26/2016

90th Day from Received Date: 08/30/2016 - Still no approvals for AOS/EAD/AP

AOS Approved i485: 09/02/2016 - no Interview K1 Visa - Online Status never updated from finger print received

My Case Site updated showing approval for i485 AOS: 09/06/2016

Received Welcome Letter - i797 AOS approval: 09/09/2016 - filed paperwork in married name approval came in maiden - apparently USCIS saw fit to just add the name they wanted and not filed...

AOS updated to "Card Mailed to Me" no tracking number: 09/13/2016

Green Card Recieved: 09/15/2016 signed up for usps.com and never got any email/text about the delivery

ROC

I-751 - 07/09/2018

Timeline

I am hoping it's something good too!! =) maybe it updates if they have some sort of check out system in place. Like if they need to look at a file they need to select that they have it checked out so others don't mess with it at the same time. The notice up top didn't change, still finger print fee received and the others show received messages. Maybe the agent is still fooling with it! :D

lol probably! I'm on day 54, i hope i dodged a RFIE or RFE!! I just want my work permit now!!

lol probably! I'm on day 54, i hope i dodged a RFIE or RFE!! I just want my work permit now!!

I'm on Day 53, having not received an RFIE or RFE as of yet either. Like you, I hope we've dodged as well. Unfortunately, I don't think my Day 53 is early enough to know that.

I've been casually monitoring the anonymous case statuses for the MSC* case numbers directly around my three numbers (i.e. the 200 directly above and below mine). I've been focusing on those who aren't submitting an I-130 but have submitted I-485 therefore likely adjusting from a K* visa. I've also been focusing on those who filed on the same day as me, as indicated by the "Case was received" dates, where possible.

The case directly below my case received an RFIE this morning despite filing everything on the same date. Their case status has gone from "Case was received" to "Fingerprint fee received", having now changed today to an RFIE today. They are also on Day 53 since filing. My heart jumped a beat when I thought it was my case for a moment. I'm dreading an RF(I)E given some nuances with my case.

My conclusion: Definitely not out of the woods yet. For the I-485, it seems RFIEs are still be produced and RFEs can come much later down the process. I have no idea about the timeline for when people are likely to receive RFE for I-131 (Advance Parole Travel Document) or 1-765 (Employment Authorization).

Crossing fingers for you, for all :)

Simon x

P.S. I've been using an iPhone USCIS Case Tracker app to automatically check the statuses of cases around me. The apps means I don't have to type in the 200 numbers above/below me, returning anonymous information about the cases. Others have mentioned similar apps in this thread. Other apps are available.

Edited by simonschus

Timeline

I'm on Day 53, having not received an RFIE or RFE as of yet either. Like you, I hope we've dodged as well. Unfortunately, I don't think my Day 53 is early enough to know that.

I've been casually monitoring the anonymous case statuses for the MSC* case numbers directly around my three numbers (i.e. the 200 directly above and below mine). I've been focusing on those who aren't submitting an I-130 but have submitted I-485 therefore likely adjusting from a K* visa. I've also been focusing on those who filed on the same day as me, as indicated by the "Case was received" dates, where possible.

The case directly below my case received an RFIE this morning despite filing everything on the same date. Their case status has gone from "Case was received" to "Fingerprint fee received", having now changed today to an RFIE today. They are also on Day 53 since filing. My heart jumped a beat when I thought it was my case for a moment. I'm dreading an RF(I)E given some nuances with my case.

My conclusion: Definitely not out of the woods yet. For the I-485, it seems RFIEs are still be produced and RFEs can come much later down the process. I have no idea about the timeline for when people are likely to receive RFE for I-131 (Advance Parole Travel Document) or 1-765 (Employment Authorization).

Crossing fingers for you, for all :)

Simon x

P.S. I've been using an iPhone USCIS Case Tracker app to automatically check the statuses of cases around me. The apps means I don't have to type in the 200 numbers above/below me, returning anonymous information about the cases. Others have mentioned similar apps in this thread. Other apps are available.

Yup, unfortunately you were correct! I didn't dodge a RFIE, woke up this morning to the crappy news that they've mailed me a RFIE :(

Does anyone know if that will affect the EAD?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.