dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2016

956 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello guys... Long time no posting but I had alot of work... I'm an April filer to NVC, I've submited DS-260 form in April and a couple of days ago I've sent to NVC dhe IV package documents (Financial & Civil). How much should I wait to get any answer from NVC and is there anything where to track my package (I've seen some comments about 1st scan and 2st scan and I don't know what does it mean).

Best regards and wish you all good luck :)

NVC won't necessarily let you know when they received your package. You have to call and ask them. The people who you see talking about tracking they tracked from whatever company they sent it using e.g UPS, DHL etc. Scan date is the date NVC scans your package into their system. You have to call and ask for that date. Ask the best. Edited by Keas

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Did you send just IV documents or both the IV and AOS (Financial = AOS). If both, how did you send them? If you have tracking on the package, you can check with the shipper. Otherwise, call in a few days to see.

Scan date is when they log them in. That is different than when they physically receive them, and is usually one or more days later. 1st/2nd scan date, etc. is when you send them the packets, then they send you a checklist of missing items, then you send MORE documents. That second document reception and scanning is the second scan date. This doesn't happen for everyone, sometimes you only get the one scan date (and that's usually what you're hoping for!).

When in doubt - call NVC and check the status. I bugged the heck out of the NVC and even called out the state department on Twitter when their system was broken. It never hurts (and often helps) to call in and ask where your application is in the process of things.

Hello gryphon, thanks for your time. I've send those both AOS + Civil documents, and I've send via mail couse my country isn't selected to send them from e-mail, unfortunately. Now I get it about 1st and 2nd scan, I thought it passed a couple of officers over there :P . The package has arrived today and I'm waiting for any e-mail this days, if not I'll start calling next week maybe, to see what's going on. Hope I'm lucky and got just 1 scan date :P .... Thank you again and have some nice days till you get your interview done :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello gryphon, thanks for your time. I've send those both AOS + Civil documents, and I've send via mail couse my country isn't selected to send them from e-mail, unfortunately. Now I get it about 1st and 2nd scan, I thought it passed a couple of officers over there :P . The package has arrived today and I'm waiting for any e-mail this days, if not I'll start calling next week maybe, to see what's going on. Hope I'm lucky and got just 1 scan date :P .... Thank you again and have some nice days till you get your interview done :)

You're quite welcome and good luck with the rest of the process =) Like I mentioned, at this time you'll just get one scan date. I personally received my email notification 4 business days (6 calendar days) after the actual scan date. You should hear back from them by 30 calendar days after your scan date (give or take) whether or not your case is complete or they need more information. Hopefully it goes smoothly for you!

Case Complete to Interview Date Spreadsheet Analysis: http://www.gryphonsoftwareconsulting.com/vj/index.html

Nov 04, 2015 - Sent I-130

Nov 16, 2015 - I-130 NOA1

Mar 29, 2016 - I-130 NOA2

Mar 30, 2016 - Sent to NVC

Apr 04, 2016 - NOA2 hardcopy received

Apr 04, 2016 - NVC Received
Apr 12, 2016 - Case # Assigned

Apr 19, 2016 - Paid AOS and IV fees (finally! :ranting: )
Apr 20, 2016 - AOS and IV fees show PAID

Apr 27, 2016 - Scan date

May 16, 2016 - Case complete

May 25, 2016 - Interview date assigned: Jul 14, 2016

May 26, 2016 - P4 received

May 31, 2016 - CEAC Status changed to "In Transit"

Jun 01, 2016 - CEAC Status changed to "Ready"

Jul 14, 2016 - Visa Approved!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Start calling them about a week after your petition has been sent to NVC. Once they have recieved your case they will tell you on the phone that it will take up to 42 days for your case # to get assigned. But just keep calling about once a week; there's a good chance to get it earlier.

Congratulations ☺

Thank you :) So after my case reaches NVC everything goes by faster? I see you got your interview in like two months and a few days from approval!! :) Hope I get mine that soon.

My timeline:

Married: 03/29/09

Filed i130: 01/04/16

Noa1: 02/02/16

Noa2: 06/01/16

NVC Received: 06/20/16

NVC Case #:

(L) God can take the seemingly impossible and make it possible! Keep Praying (L)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you :) So after my case reaches NVC everything goes by faster? I see you got your interview in like two months and a few days from approval!! :) Hope I get mine that soon.

For Mexico everything has been really quick. I got my Case complete 4 days after my scan date.

Just be sure to have all your documents ready and the process will be very quick.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

For Mexico everything has been really quick. I got my Case complete 4 days after my scan date.

Just be sure to have all your documents ready and the process will be very quick.

Thank you :) So I guess all depends on me!

My timeline:

Married: 03/29/09

Filed i130: 01/04/16

Noa1: 02/02/16

Noa2: 06/01/16

NVC Received: 06/20/16

NVC Case #:

(L) God can take the seemingly impossible and make it possible! Keep Praying (L)

Timeline

Just received our case numbers, should we be getting an email tomorrow? Also, how soon can we assign an agent?

Our CR-1 Visa Journey

USCIS Process:

Sent I-130 (via USPS): February 12, 2016

NOA1 hardcopy received: February 16, 2016

NOA2 hard copy received: May 06, 2016

Petition sent to NVC text & email: May 12, 2016

-------------------------------------------------------

NVC Process:

NVC Received I-130: May 16, 2016

Case number and IIN Assigned: June 2, 2016

Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: June 2, 2016

AOS Fee Invoiced: June 2, 2016

Pay AOS Fee: June 2, 2016

DS-261 reviewed over the phone: June 3, 2016

IV Fee Invoiced: June 6, 2016

Pay IV Fee : June 6, 2016

IV application (DS-260) completed: June 7, 2016

Sent AOS & IV packets (via USPS Priority): June 27, 2016

Scan date: June 29, 2016

CC: July 30, 2016

Interview: November 8, 2016

Interview Result: 221g form - AP

hey Guys,

I check and saw 3 N/A..I called and it was confirmed that my case is complete and that i should wait for my appointment letter... so excited

Congrats! Is your Scan date 4/29? Mine is 4/29 but nothing yet :/

OK guys,

I was in the May 2016 thread but was moved to this one. So my scan date is MAY 23 repeat MAY 23, 2016. I just checked online and I see that my Affidavit of Support changed from paid to N/A. Is this real? Is this a dream? Its been 10 days only I cannot believe I could have a case complete. I don’t even wanna call, I’m so nervous. I’ve even attached an image of my screen because I thought that maybe I was looking wrong. Someone tell me if this is what 3 N/As look like. is y status supposed to change under Visa Status Check through CEAC? I appreciate a clarification thanks.

post-212491-0-71277900-1464891574_thumb.png

Edited by rodriguezhiraldo

BACKGROUND

Known my SO forever~
Lived in DR since I was 7 until 16.
June 17, 2009 - Became Boyfriend & Girlfriend <3
August 22, 2015- Married cheesy.gif

USCIS

September 12th, 2015 - I-130 Packet sent via FedEx
September 15th, 2015 - I-130 Packet Delivered by FedEx ( Delivery Notification signed by J. Chyba)

September 15th, 2015 - Priority Date (Routed to Nebraska Service Center)

September 17th, 2015 - NOA1 email and text received from USCIS. :)

March 11th, 2016 - Approval date ( routed to NVC) :dancing:

March 12th, 2016 - NOA2email and text received from USCIS.

March 24th, 2016 - Text n email ( Case sent to NVC for processing)

NVC

March 31st, 2016 - Case received at NVC ( called to confirm)

April 8th, 2016 - Case # and Invoice # Assigned ( 8 Days from NVC receiving)

April 11th, 2016 - Choice of Agent Completed. DS-261, Paid AOS Fee

April 12th, 2016 - AOS shows 'Paid", IV bill Generated and Paid.

April 14th, 2016 - IV Fee showed as Paid. IV App unlocked.

April 15th, 2016 - IV Application DS 260 completed and submitted

May 20th, 2016 - AOS and IV Docs sent to NVC via 2-day Delivery :dancing:

May 23, 2016 - Packet received by NVC, Notification from USPS confirmed.

May 23, 2016 - SCAN DATE ( received email from NVC)

May 31, 2016 - CASE COMPLETE ( confirmed via phone) 8 days from scan day! Amazing :wow:

June 7, 2016 - Case complete Email Received. Exactly 7 Days after actual CC.

June 27, 2016 - Interview scheduled!!!!!!!! :dancing:

EMBASSY

July 18, 2016- VAC and Medical Appointment

August 3rd, 2016 - Interview Date

Timeline

Just received our case numbers, should we be getting an email tomorrow? Also, how soon can we assign an agent?

Edited by MrsBurgz

Timeline

OK guys,

I was in the May 2016 thread but was moved to this one. So my scan date is MAY 23

repeat MAY 23, 2016. I just checked online and I see that my Affidavit of Support changed from paid to N/A. Is this real? Is this a dream? Its been 10 days only I cannot believe I could have a case complete. I dont even wanna call, Im so nervous. Ive even attached an image of my screen because I thought that maybe I was looking wrong. Someone tell me if this is what 3 N/As look like. is y status supposed to change under Visa Status Check through CEAC? I appreciate a clarification thanks.

Lucky you!! Thats indeed case complete!!! Congratulations!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

OK guys,

I was in the May 2016 thread but was moved to this one. So my scan date is MAY 23 repeat MAY 23, 2016. I just checked online and I see that my Affidavit of Support changed from paid to N/A. Is this real? Is this a dream? Its been 10 days only I cannot believe I could have a case complete. I don’t even wanna call, I’m so nervous. I’ve even attached an image of my screen because I thought that maybe I was looking wrong. Someone tell me if this is what 3 N/As look like. is y status supposed to change under Visa Status Check through CEAC? I appreciate a clarification thanks.

That's awesome! looks like its case complete. You can call and confirm :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.