Oomer

Health Insurance help

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Does anybody know any good health insurance for pregnant lady?

--Jan 13,2006 Entered USA as Visitor (B2) ( I-94 is valid till end of June,2006)

--March 28,2006 Married in Naperville ,Illinois to United States Citizen

--April 5, 2006 Medical examination (I 693)+ Vaccination supplement form completed (chicago)

--April, 18,2006 AOS Package(I 130,I 485, I765)+supporting documents sent (chicago Lock Box)(DAY 1)

--May 1, 2006 BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENTS ( I 765 , I 485) received by mail for May 6, 2006

--May 6, 2006 BIOMETRICS TAKEN BY USCIS in Naperville (Day 19)

--July 21,2006 Initial Interview but waiting for FBI NAME CLEARANCE (Day 92)

--April 25, 2009 Infopass appointment to inquire my case : Result case was approved in June of 2008 but no body bothered to update my file (Day almost 610 )

--June 29 ,2009 10 year green card with date of Perm resident June 2008 received (Day almost 680 since interview )

--July 2011 Citizenship Interview :

-- Nov 2011 Oath Ceremony -US Citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

It all depends on your employer...? Or if you're not employed, you can pick up individual insurance but it'll cost an arm and a leg. Do some research. Make some phone calls.

Does anybody know any good health insurance for pregnant lady?

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

are you getting it from your partner's work, if not Kaiser might be one of the options depending on where you live at.It's an HMO but better than nothing at all.

Gone but not Forgotten!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We both are unemplyed and i need insurance as soon as possible.

--Jan 13,2006 Entered USA as Visitor (B2) ( I-94 is valid till end of June,2006)

--March 28,2006 Married in Naperville ,Illinois to United States Citizen

--April 5, 2006 Medical examination (I 693)+ Vaccination supplement form completed (chicago)

--April, 18,2006 AOS Package(I 130,I 485, I765)+supporting documents sent (chicago Lock Box)(DAY 1)

--May 1, 2006 BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENTS ( I 765 , I 485) received by mail for May 6, 2006

--May 6, 2006 BIOMETRICS TAKEN BY USCIS in Naperville (Day 19)

--July 21,2006 Initial Interview but waiting for FBI NAME CLEARANCE (Day 92)

--April 25, 2009 Infopass appointment to inquire my case : Result case was approved in June of 2008 but no body bothered to update my file (Day almost 610 )

--June 29 ,2009 10 year green card with date of Perm resident June 2008 received (Day almost 680 since interview )

--July 2011 Citizenship Interview :

-- Nov 2011 Oath Ceremony -US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I see. And, you don't qualify for public health care because of the Law. You can try Walk-In clinics, or local hospitals to see if they have any medical insurance for pregnant lady.

Or, you can try a family planning or planned parenthood organization in your area for help.

Edited by consolemaster

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

You could try Maternity Card

It provides discounted medical care

I was going to use it - then I became covered on the military insurance

www.maternitycard.com

Good Luck

K1

I-129F Sent : 19th October 2005

Interview Date 10th October 2006 10am

Interview Approved 7th November 2006

Visa delivered 9th November 2006

Finally where I belong S.C with my man 19th November 2006 WOOO HOOO!!!

Got Married 14th January 2007

AOS

Sent AOS docs 31st January 2007

USPS confirm delivered to USCIS 06th February 2007

I-797C Notice of Action dtd 9th Feb recvd 12th February 2007 (both my son and myself)

Biometrics Appointment 1st March 2007

Transfered to CSC 11th April 2007

GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 9th July 2007 All done till 2009!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Each state should have a Rite Care plans, Medicaid or Medicare (sorry I can never remember which is for the elderly and which for low income). Ostensibly, a permanent resident should not be eligible for Rite Care, but I know plenty of PRs who are covered under this plan.

I really can't figure it out, because everything I know about PRs is that they must have a financial sponsor, but what I see in reality is much different.

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
are you getting it from your partner's work, if not Kaiser might be one of the options depending on where you live at.It's an HMO but better than nothing at all.

She seems to be from Chicago, there's no Kaiser there. Kaiser is only offered on the West Coast and on the East Coast in some states and DC. Which is unfortunate, cause Kaiser is really good.

Ans, Planned Parenthood would be your best choice. Since you are both unemployed, they probaly won't charge you anything at all.

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Not sure even if you do get health insurance if they are going to cover any pregnancy medical costs, because it can be classified as a "pre-existing condition", therefore deemed not coverable. Double check on that before you sign up.

If you are in the Chgo area, Blue Cross Blue Sheild HMO is I think one of the cheapest alternatives around here.

Also, the previous poster mentioned Planned Parenthood... but I think they only give care for pre-pregnancy testing/abortion advise... not sure how helpful with medical care/delivery if you are already pregnant.

12140.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
Not sure even if you do get health insurance if they are going to cover any pregnancy medical costs, because it can be classified as a "pre-existing condition", therefore deemed not coverable. Double check on that before you sign up.

If you are in the Chgo area, Blue Cross Blue Sheild HMO is I think one of the cheapest alternatives around here.

Also, the previous poster mentioned Planned Parenthood... but I think they only give care for pre-pregnancy testing/abortion advise... not sure how helpful with medical care/delivery if you are already pregnant.

Pregnacy is "exempt" from pre-existing conditions according to the law.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

"Pregnacy is "exempt" from pre-existing conditions according to the law."

:huh: What law? Many health insurance plans don't cover any pregnancy-related expenses for the first nine months of coverage. That's why these folks are having trouble.

9-12/2004 - met and fell in love in Bulgaria

2004 - 2006 - travel, travel, travel...

11/2006 - moved to Bulgaria

1/2007 - engaged

4/2007 - wedding

DCF for CR-1 Visa BEGINS:

5/16/2007 - I-130 filed at Sofia, Bulgaria embassy

Each states requirement is different, I would go to your local SS service, medicaid and get some information, and most likely they will be able to help you. Specially with the pregnancy, in NY they have WIC, and different programs for mothers, even teenage mothers where there's no clue who the father is and definetly no insurance. I have one temporary worker, as a temp he doesn't have insurance, but they were able to get a Temporary medicaid for his wife until she gets birth, she won't be covered after the pregnancy but at least that part is all taken care off. Also once the baby is born, it's a us citizen and therefore you can apply for help for the child, your wife can get out of the program after giving birth. Go there and inform yourself and good luck

Gone but not Forgotten!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.