Ares

May 2016 I-129f Filers (merged)

1,534 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Just got my hard copy after mailing on the 17th and getting the text on the 23rd. I count myself one of the lucky ones, given the contents of the thread :\

Hi :) Good for you!!! Yes, you are very lucky. Did you mail yours to Dallas, Tx?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi :) Good for you!!! Yes, you are very lucky. Did you mail yours to Dallas, Tx?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's only one place to send them to. Prepared all the forms myself and mailed them Priority from Michigan.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

N and J,

I am so happy to hear you finally got your check cashed and your NOA 1! I know you were really fretting! Thank you for sharing the information about the 30 day wait before being able to make in inquiry. This is really helpful information to know for all future applicants (such as myself lol)

Good luck to everyone else still waiting! I will continue to send good mojo out for all of you!

Thank you!!! Good luck to you as well. I have no problems at all passing on any information I get. This journey is crazy enough without having to play the guessing game!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello

we just mailed our petition !!! :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

now the waiting part just started

Good Luck to everyone !!

Hello,can i know please how you file the g 325 a, i have issue with:

1-the middle name and other names us i don't have neither a middle name nor other names,should i leave the space empty or write none or N/A ?

2-Also my fiancé doesn't know his parents birth date we will leave the space blank,do u think it will be acceptebale?

3-I have been student all the last five years should i mention "student"in the employement for last 5 years ?

Hope to get your help and thank you in advance :)

Edited by Selmaben

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello,can i know please how you file the g 325 a, i have issue with:

1-the middle name and other names us i don't have neither a middle name nor other names,should i leave the space empty or write none or N/A ?

2-Also my fiancé doesn't know his parents birth date we will leave the space blank,do u think it will be acceptebale?

3-I have been student all the last five years should i mention "student"in the employement for last 5 years ?

Hope to get your help and thank you in advance :)

Hello !!

what i did in all my forms is just follow the instruction and the Guides is in this forum :

1- for G-325a and I-129f the instruction says to leave the fields blank if they are not applicable (except for the G-325a question about current/former husband or wife it says if there is non, so state .. so it means only on that part you should type none .. all the rest leave it blank... you don't have a middle name leave it blank.

2- parent birthday seems to be important .. i think you may get RFE for that (not sure) .. he can't find that information at all ?? birth certificate, ID, i don't know anywhere where he can get that... if there is a particular reason for that issue i think you should mention that in the cover letter and include any kind of paper that can make the issue clear how he can"t get that info ...(hope someone else can give more advise about this part).

3- i think it is okay to say you been a student .. put the university name and address and that you been student from 20xx to 20xx... that seem fine and make sense.

hope i answered your question but you should research about your second question ... the g-325a is biographic information and it is used for background check of that person and to avoid any confusion between people having same name and last name .. date of birth, parents name, parents date of birth, parents country of birth are important to narrow the confusion and get to the right person ... try to find out how to fix this issue!!

Good Luck!!

Edited by redone1

K-1 Visa:

05/12/2016 -- I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
05/19/2016 -- NOA1 email and text, case routed to California Center (WAC) ==== NOA1 Date 05/18/2016
07/20/2016 -- NOA2 email from USCIS case Status and USCIS App ===== Case approved in 63 Days
08/03/2016 -- NVC Case # and Invoice ID Assigned
08/15/2016 -- Packet 3 Received (email)

09/19/2016 -- Finally the embassy open interview date after long wait ... 35 Days (interview scheduled for Oct 10)

10/05/2016 -- Medical done. but no sealed envelope given.

10/10/2016 -- Interview day 1 ( pay the fee, deliver paperwork, finger printed ... and told to comeback tomorrow to be interviewed by a CO )

10/11/2016 -- Interview day 2 ( AP with g221 for missing medical )

10/19/2016 -- VISA ISSUED

10/23/2016 -- VISA in hand 

AOS:

Spoiler

12/22/2016 -- POE

12/30/2016 -- Marriage

01/14/2017 -- AOS mailed to Chicago, IL

01/25/2017 -- 3 NOA1 emails and texts (I-485 / I-765 / I-131), case routed to MSC

02/06/2017 -- Biometrics Appointment Notice Received in mail, Appointment Feb 13, 2017

04/20/2017 -- EAD (only) Approval text & email notification (day 96 since case filled, 93 since received, 86 since NOA1)

04/28/2017 -- EAD /AP combo card in hand

09/01/2017 -- AOS Approval text & email notification (day 230 since case filled, 227 since received, 220 since NOA1) Approved in 7.5 Month, Interview waived

09/09/2017 -- Green card in hand

ROC:

Spoiler

06/08/2019 -- ROC mailed to Dallas, TX

06/13/2019 -- NOA text , case routed to EAC

07/06/2019 -- BIO Apt Received for July 17. Notice date 06/28/2019

07/17/2019 -- Biometrics Done

05/19/2020 -- ROC Approval text & email notification (11 Months since NOA1)

05/27/2020 -- Card Received

N400:

Spoiler

05/18/2023 -- Online file 

05/18/2023 -- Case in Active Review, Biometrics Waived (notice of Reuse)

07/19/2023 --  Notice for Interview Schedule on August 26, 2023

08/26/2023 --  Interview approved, oath ceremony scheduled on August 29, 2023

08/29/2023 --  Oath Ceremony completed .... US citizen !!

Timeline

Hello !!

what i did in all my forms is just follow the instruction and the Guides is in this forum :

1- for G-325a and I-129f the instruction says to leave the fields blank if they are not applicable (except for the G-325a question about current/former husband or wife it says if there is non, so state .. so it means only on that part you should type none .. all the rest leave it blank... you don't have a middle name leave it blank.

2- parent birthday seems to be important .. i think you may get RFE for that (not sure) .. he can't find that information at all ?? birth certificate, ID, i don't know anywhere where he can get that... if there is a particular reason for that issue i think you should mention that in the cover letter and include any kind of paper that can make the issue clear how he can"t get that info ...(hope someone else can give more advise about this part).

3- i think it is okay to say you been a student .. put the university name and address and that you been student from 20xx to 20xx... that seem fine and make sense.

hope i answered your question but you should research about your second question ... the g-325a is biographic information and it is used for background check of that person and to avoid any confusion between people having same name and last name .. date of birth, parents name, parents date of birth, parents country of birth are important to narrow the confusion and get to the right person ... try to find out how to fix this issue!!

Good Luck!!

Thank u very much for your answer!! I noticed that u are from Algeria,did u get any informations or advices about the Interview? , i am from tunisia and everyobody is telling me that it is very hard for arabs to get the visa because the embrassy take it as fraud ,i am tunisian living in france and wanted to have any advice that gives me more chance especially that me And my fiancé we have age différence(i am 23 he is 51) so what do u think of that jari :D

Timeline

Good morning,

Thank you for the positive vibes. My brother is going to the agency that I applied with this morning to try to figure out things. You are absolutely right Monday is a holiday and I need some sort of an answer so I can be relaxed. I do not know what method she used to send my package. I will find out through my brother as he will be going to the agency in about an hour. I will keep you posted as soon as I hear something. BTW how would I be able to check what NOA1 is posting? do I need a receipt number to check that??

Did you get any news bsmoli?

Timeline

Thank u very much for your answer!! I noticed that u are from Algeria,did u get any informations or advices about the Interview? , i am from tunisia and everyobody is telling me that it is very hard for arabs to get the visa because the embrassy take it as fraud ,i am tunisian living in france and wanted to have any advice that gives me more chance especially that me And my fiancé we have age différence(i am 23 he is 51) so what do u think of that jari :D

You just have to make sure you have strong and rock solid evidence. It is not uncommon at all for countries from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA countries) to have to go through more processing. It is just extra checks. These countries and others are known for fraud....People looking to only get a visa. So it is understandable that there are extra checks.

Timeline

You are every welcome .. for me personally i'm still far from the interview .. as you saw my timeline probably .. just filled in this month and still waiting !!

You just have to make sure you have strong and rock solid evidence. It is not uncommon at all for countries from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA countries) to have to go through more processing. It is just extra checks. These countries and others are known for fraud....People looking to only get a visa. So it is understandable that there are extra checks.

Our friend N&J give you the best answer about the country fraud and age gap ... i don't think i can answer any better .. as she said keep in mind that not only Arabs are know for fraud and trying to get to the US by any mean there is a lot of other countries like that ... just middle east and north African countries they will go through deep and extra checking and investigation for just one reason everyone know about and it is their right to make as hard as possible to get the visa to the right person!!

so what can i say .. have a strong and solid proof that your relationship is real and true and do your best to show that on your interview !!

PS : you can check here what Moroccan, Algerian and Tunisian posted based on their experience .. and it seems if you have everything set properly and your relation is genuine and real .. there is no reason to be afraid!

that what i think jarti la3ziza :)

Edited by redone1

K-1 Visa:

05/19/2016 -- NOA1 email and text, case routed to California Center (WAC) ==== NOA1 Date 05/18/2016
07/20/2016 -- NOA2 email from USCIS case Status and USCIS App ===== Case approved in 63 Days

09/19/2016 -- Finally the embassy open interview date after long wait ... 35 Days (interview scheduled for Oct 10)

10/10/2016 -- Interview day 1 ( pay the fee, deliver paperwork, finger printed ... and told to comeback tomorrow to be interviewed by a CO )

AOS:

Spoiler

12/22/2016 -- POE

12/30/2016 -- Marriage

01/25/2017 -- 3 NOA1 emails and texts (I-485 / I-765 / I-131), case routed to MSC

02/06/2017 -- Biometrics Appointment Notice Received in mail, Appointment Feb 13, 2017

04/20/2017 -- EAD (only) Approval text & email notification (day 96 since case filled, 93 since received, 86 since NOA1)

09/01/2017 -- AOS Approval text & email notification (day 230 since case filled, 227 since received, 220 since NOA1) Approved in 7.5 Month, Interview waived

ROC:

Spoiler

N400:

Spoiler

Timeline

You are every welcome .. for me personally i'm still far from the interview .. as you saw my timeline probably .. just filled in this month and still waiting !!

Our friend N&J give you the best answer about the country fraud and age gap ... i don't think i can answer any better .. as she said keep in mind that not only Arabs are know for fraud and trying to get to the US by any mean there is a lot of other countries like that ... just middle east and north African countries they will go through deep and extra checking and investigation for just one reason everyone know about and it is their right to make as hard as possible to get the visa to the right person!!

so what can i say .. have a strong and solid proof that your relationship is real and true and do your best to show that on your interview !!

PS : you can check here what Moroccan, Algerian and Tunisian posted based on their experience .. and it seems if you have everything set properly and your relation is genuine and real .. there is no reason to be afraid!

that what i think jarti la3ziza :)

I think a lot of people go into the interviews as if it is an interview. Really it isn't is it just a way for the potential immigrant to tell their story and express themselves in words. Instead of the CO reading the evidence we turn in. At least that is how I look at it. Yes, there are some COs that are said to be standoffish but kill them with kindness.

Timeline

Thanks a lot for your help guys can you tell me what the strong évidence can be? Photos with family and freinds would it help?

Please give me a link to access to moroocan and Algerians posts about visa k1 i don't find on the site

Also i wanted to know if the letter of Intent should be wrote by hand or i can print it from my computer

Thank u again :*

Timeline

I think a lot of people go into the interviews as if it is an interview. Really it isn't is it just a way for the potential immigrant to tell their story and express themselves in words. Instead of the CO reading the evidence we turn in. At least that is how I look at it. Yes, there are some COs that are said to be standoffish but kill them with kindness.

i Agree .

Thanks a lot for your help guys can you tell me what the strong évidence can be? Photos with family and freinds would it help?

Please give me a link to access to moroocan and Algerians posts about visa k1 i don't find on the site

Also i wanted to know if the letter of Intent should be wrote by hand or i can print it from my computer

Thank u again :*

anything wold be helpful ..pic emails texts even receipts from buying stuff together.

here are some review at what happen at the embassy:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Morocco

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Algeria

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Tunisia

you can find more above where you can see "embassy info"

you can print the intent of marry just you should sign it and send it original not a copy!

K-1 Visa:

AOS:

Spoiler

12/22/2016 -- POE

12/30/2016 -- Marriage

ROC:

Spoiler

N400:

Spoiler

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone!

I have also received my NOA1 in May.

Just wondering...I understand that 3 months is the typical wait time but has anyone seen the processing times posted on the actual USCIS website? they have it listed at 5 months for the CSC service center. Last updated March 31, 2016.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

Are the times on VJ more reliable?

Timeline

Hello everyone!

I have also received my NOA1 in May.

Just wondering...I understand that 3 months is the typical wait time but has anyone seen the processing times posted on the actual USCIS website? they have it listed at 5 months for the CSC service center. Last updated March 31, 2016.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

Are the times on VJ more reliable?

I think it is different for everyone. the times on VJ are not very accurate either. There are still people from late January waiting for their NOA2 and there are people from the end of March and April who have been approved. I kind of figure some place between the times on VJ and the USCIS website.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.