DarkKiss

MarrIage and Visa Fraud

106 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline

If he has statements of co mingling finances or anything like that he can use it. Fraud is not a legal ground for divorce in Texas (adultery, cruelty, felony conviction and abandonment). If it's mentioned in the final divorce decree then he may have difficulty. I'm sorry that you had to deal with this. If you are concerned about him being here, feel free to provide USCIS with any information.

The sad, hard truth is that he likely could live under the radar using his SSN permanently providing he doesn't want to leave the country or commit a crime.

we did not co-mingle finances. He opened a bank account in his own name, so taking that as a hint, I kept all my accounts in my maiden name. I didn't change anything. When I purchased the car, he insisted it be registered to him and he placed his own insurance. From that point on, I suspected something amiss, but couldn't confirm, so I left all my finances and credit cards, and utilities etc in my maiden name. I had nothing in his name and I didn't open any news accounts in his last name. We had nothing in both of our names. My Texas divorce was specifically written to reflect based on adultery, which I proved from evidence, abandonment, proven, and Fraudulent marriage. By him not filing an answer, after being officially served,

I was granted a No-Response Divorce and the judge granted all of my requests.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

R’cd NOA 1- 12/19/2021, Assigned - Nebraska Service Center

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

we did not co-mingle finances. He opened a bank account in his own name, so taking that as a hint, I kept all my accounts in my maiden name. I didn't change anything. When I purchased the car, he insisted it be registered to him and he placed his own insurance. From that point on, I suspected something amiss, but couldn't confirm, so I left all my finances and credit cards, and utilities etc in my maiden name. I had nothing in his name and I didn't open any news accounts in his last name. We had nothing in both of our names. My Texas divorce was specifically written to reflect based on adultery, which I proved from evidence, abandonment, proven, and Fraudulent marriage. By him not filing an answer, after being officially served,

I was granted a No-Response Divorce and the judge granted all of my requests.

Then hopefully you have nothing to worry about ☺️

Timeline

Especially as you're still on the hook for the I-864

I'm a firm believer that everything is not just Black and White. I believe that God will protect me from the I-864. I will fight him tooth and nail and use every dime in my pocket to make his life miserable if he tries that.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Timeline

Especially as you're still on the hook for the I-864

I will submit all of my evidence to USCIS, even recordings if I have too! Thanks for the info.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks so much. I'm happy now. I'm involved with a wonderful loving man and I feel very blessed to be out of that relationship. I invested over $10,000 dollars in him, the whole process, paid by me. I feel like the biggest idiot in the world, but it happens to the best of us. I'm better off now!

You know its a wonderful thing you can speak about your situation...I wouldn't go as far as saying you were an idiot...you went into this with purest of intentions..he did not. Once he presented his true self to you, you moved quickly to have the marriage dissolved.

As far as his current state of welfare, I would do a little more research to ensure you are no longer obligated to him in any financial aspect. The AOS form states that you are responsible for the beneficiary until naturaliztion (check me on that) and divorce does not eliminate the pettioner from financial responsibility.

I'm sure that due to his abandonment of the marriage, coupled with the evidence was the reason the divorce was granted.

Timeline

You know its a wonderful thing you can speak about your situation...I wouldn't go as far as saying you were an idiot...you went into this with purest of intentions..he did not. Once he presented his true self to you, you moved quickly to have the marriage dissolved.

As far as his current state of welfare, I would do a little more research to ensure you are no longer obligated to him in any financial aspect. The AOS form states that you are responsible for the beneficiary until naturaliztion (check me on that) and divorce does not eliminate the pettioner from financial responsibility.

I'm sure that due to his abandonment of the marriage, coupled with the evidence was the reason the divorce was granted.

i will stay alert to the I-864. If he presses the issue......well let's just say, he WILL regret it ? percent!!!! Not a threat...a promise!!!

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

i will stay alert to the I-864. If he presses the issue......well let's just say, he WILL regret it ? percent!!!! Not a threat...a promise!!!

He wouldn't be pressing the issue. It'd be the US government

Timeline

True but cover yourself! Just make sure that you are well equipped because right now, if times are hard...there's no telling what his antics might be. Just promise me (and I am no one to you) that if nothing else you call and speak with someone at USCIS about the 864 and any legal ramifications (if any)...i

Timeline

True but cover yourself! Just make sure that you are well equipped because right now, if times are hard...there's no telling what his antics might be. Just promise me (and I am no one to you) that if nothing else you call and speak with someone at USCIS about the 864 and any legal ramifications (if any)...i

i will and thanks so much!

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If you need legal advise you speak to a lawyer, not USCIS.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

The government will not initiate any actions unless he requests assistance...so yes HE will be the one pressing the issue. Let's pray he doesn't come to that, but who knows because after his green card expires, he will be legally without employment. I will prepare myself now. Thank you so much for your input.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Timeline

Thanks guys so much for the conversation. I am going to contact an attorney today to start preparations for the I864 when it becomes an issue. ????

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

In some jurisdictions, the I-864 has been used to force the sponsor to provide support at 125% of poverty level. Its rare but it happens and there is case precedent now to make it easier today in those jurisdictions.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

If you need legal advise you speak to a lawyer, not USCIS.

Thanks for the insight...fully aware that legal advice comes from a lawyer and not USCIS..and I am more than positive that she will cover herself by following up with a lawyer.

Appreciate the KT though.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.