600 posts in this topic

I think DCF is only when your USC spouse has been living in your country with you. I'm not sure if they have to have been living there for a while. But it sounds like you're wanting to do an adjustment of status? That only works if you're in the US. So you wouldn't be eligible for DCF if you can do AOS.

I think DCF is only when your USC spouse has been living in your country with you. I'm not sure if they have to have been living there for a while. But it sounds like you're wanting to do an adjustment of status? That only works if you're in the US. So you wouldn't be eligible for DCF if you can do AOS.

Yes my USC husband has been living in Australia with me for 3 years, we didn't know about DCF so he flew to USA to submit paperwork :(

May 5 - I-130 Received

June 17 - RFE Received

August 4 - NOA2
October 3 - USICIS sent to NVC
October 12 - NVC received (69 days in limbo)
? - case number assigned
? - AOS bill paid
? - call NVC to review DS-261 and get IV invoice unlocked
? - IV bill paid
? - submit DS-260
? - send IV/AOS package
? - scan date

? - cc

? - interview date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi There!

Thank you Mrs wild for replying to my comment. I really want to understand it better. I have been living with My USC hubby abroad for last 2 years since we got married. My Hubby wrote email to local US consulate to process DCF for US. They directed US to file in US address. So I thought, we will be still in DCF category. Like many applicants from abroad we didn't receive any hard copy communication. So we don't know how they are processing the case. They did say in mycis account after the receipt no. that "we sent you receipt with notice which describes how we will process your case" we didn't receive hard copy so we don't know how. That's why I kept asking people what does this noa1 says in hard copy.

Anyways, My husband has relocated to US in june and I am with him as a visitor and I have legal stay till December if I want to stay back. So, I thought why not do AOS. I didn't get any guidance on this and in absence of any hard copy communication I didn't sent the AOS Docs which are ready ;) . Now we have a US mailing address so I am waiting to here from Nebraska what is the development or what they want from me.

Hope this makes sense. all comments/ tips are most welcome.

Timeline

Yes once you get your case# and IIN, and you will receive welcome letter. You can start filing the DS261,and 0nce the AOS bill already available,you can pay already,.and call NVC the next day and let them review the DS261 0n phone so that the IV bill will be available. And it takes 24h0urs before it wil be available. Then if available already,pay it,then when it says PAID,the DS 260 will be available already.

0nce you filled it out and submit, print the c0nfirmati0n page. Then you can submit the AOS AND IV packet. :)

Thank you very much Jason and Jeizel! Let's hope to get case # assigned soon. :-)

Timeline

Hi There!

Thank you Mrs wild for replying to my comment. I really want to understand it better. I have been living with My USC hubby abroad for last 2 years since we got married. My Hubby wrote email to local US consulate to process DCF for US. They directed US to file in US address. So I thought, we will be still in DCF category. Like many applicants from abroad we didn't receive any hard copy communication. So we don't know how they are processing the case. They did say in mycis account after the receipt no. that "we sent you receipt with notice which describes how we will process your case" we didn't receive hard copy so we don't know how. That's why I kept asking people what does this noa1 says in hard copy.

Anyways, My husband has relocated to US in june and I am with him as a visitor and I have legal stay till December if I want to stay back. So, I thought why not do AOS. I didn't get any guidance on this and in absence of any hard copy communication I didn't sent the AOS Docs which are ready ;) . Now we have a US mailing address so I am waiting to here from Nebraska what is the development or what they want from me.

Hope this makes sense. all comments/ tips are most welcome.

I think you now have an option to directly file for AOS, call up USCIS and ask for cancelling of normal processing and file another AOS doc/fees - I believe it's possible. Best is to call USCIS and explain your situation and take action accordingly. All the best!

Timeline

Folks,

Need help! I got my case # and Invoice ID via NVC helpdesk yesterday and immediately filled 261 & assigned agent. My fiancee called up NVC today to check if they can verify 261 and advise when fee bill will be open to pay and they replied that it will take 3 weeks for them to verify!!! Is that true?

I've read that fees option get's open up in 1-2 days and then we can start filling 260 and send AOS!? Kindly advise what is best to do apart from checking account and following up with NVC

Thank you very much!

Folks,

Need help! I got my case # and Invoice ID via NVC helpdesk yesterday and immediately filled 261 & assigned agent. My fiancee called up NVC today to check if they can verify 261 and advise when fee bill will be open to pay and they replied that it will take 3 weeks for them to verify!!! Is that true?

I've read that fees option get's open up in 1-2 days and then we can start filling 260 and send AOS!? Kindly advise what is best to do apart from checking account and following up with NVC

Thank you very much!

The AOS will be available when you get welcome letter from nvc via email. Make sure to call and give out your email addresses.

0nce you done paying for AOS,call nvc and ask them to review thew DS261 0n phone. Then it just take 24 hours fr0m the time you ask them to review the IV bill will be available,. :)

Timeline

The AOS will be available when you get welcome letter from nvc via email. Make sure to call and give out your email addresses.

0nce you done paying for AOS,call nvc and ask them to review thew DS261 0n phone. Then it just take 24 hours fr0m the time you ask them to review the IV bill will be available,. :)

Hi!

Thank you! We did got NVC welcome letter and paid our AOS fees online - now waiting for it to be completed and IV fee to open up.

Tomorrow in US time, we will also call NVC to check if they can review our DS 261 and hopefully they will be able to and speed up IV bill :)

Query - Are we suppose to sent original PCC (police clearance certificate) to NVC?

(I am from India and in previous posts I do read that original needs to be mailed as well as take it to US consulate in Mumbai)

Thank you and all the best to all!

Hi!

Thank you! We did got NVC welcome letter and paid our AOS fees online - now waiting for it to be completed and IV fee to open up.

Tomorrow in US time, we will also call NVC to check if they can review our DS 261 and hopefully they will be able to and speed up IV bill :)

Query - Are we suppose to sent original PCC (police clearance certificate) to NVC?

(I am from India and in previous posts I do read that original needs to be mailed as well as take it to US consulate in Mumbai)

Yes they will review the DS 261,just let them review with you on the phone.

NVC dont require original docs. But make sure to bring originals in the interview..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone? on the USCIS app I have been seeing a lot of March cases being approved from Nebraska so hopefully ???they will be getting to us May filers soon it's really hard seeing all these cases being approved am here like when will be my turn already?

Timeline

Hi!

If I recall correctly, your local police station will only give you PCC after you produce the interview letter for US Consulate. So I don't think you can submit an original PCC to NVC. Plus for all documents in general, NVC doesn't ask for originals, copies are ok; but the Consulate will definitely ask for originals....

Going back to PCC, I am saying that it's only available with an interview letter because a few years back a friend of mine, whose spouse was in India, was also filing I-130, & the spouse was only able to get PCC from the local police station after producing an interview letter... However, things might have changed since then, so you can try by going to your local station & asking them if they will give it to you without the interview letter. Then you can submit the copy to NVC, and take the original to the interview at the Consulate.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Mr&MrsKhiladi

2016/05/20: NOA-1 - Petition accepted and sent to Nebraska Service Center... So begins the waiting game :clock:

2016/11/02: NOA-2 - Petition Approved (Had to call to find out, no e-mail or text) :dancing:

2016/11/15: NVC Received

2016/12/08: Sent AOS & IV Packages

2017/03/10: Case Completed :dance:

2017/04/24: Interview Scheduled

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

@Mr&MrsKhiladi : Wrong Info... PCC is needed at NVC stage..only case where you need to re-apply for PCC is that 1 yr has passed from the date you sent your PCC to NVC for case completion and your interview at Consulate..as PCC is only valid for 1 year

@nigamshilpa : For case completion for NVC, you need to have the applicant's PCC sent to NVC - only a copy, not original..original you will have to bring at consulate

Timeline

If I recall correctly, your local police station will only give you PCC after you produce the interview letter for US Consulate. So I don't think you can submit an original PCC to NVC. Plus for all documents in general, NVC doesn't ask for originals, copies are ok; but the Consulate will definitely ask for originals....

Going back to PCC, I am saying that it's only available with an interview letter because a few years back a friend of mine, whose spouse was in India, was also filing I-130, & the spouse was only able to get PCC from the local police station after producing an interview letter... However, things might have changed since then, so you can try by going to your local station & asking them if they will give it to you without the interview letter. Then you can submit the copy to NVC, and take the original to the interview at the Consulate.

Hope this helps!

Hi,

Nope, that's misleading info. In India, PCC needs to be obtained from PSK (passport seva kendra) -> they sends file for police verification to commissioner's office and from there to local police station (just like how it's done during new passport), once PSK receives clearance from police station they will issue 2 copies of PCC and stamp in passport!

I already got PCC without even NVC welcome letter, so it's advisable to get it ready beforehand once your NOA2 is received.

@Mr&MrsKhiladi : Wrong Info... PCC is needed at NVC stage..only case where you need to re-apply for PCC is that 1 yr has passed from the date you sent your PCC to NVC for case completion and your interview at Consulate..as PCC is only valid for 1 year

@nigamshilpa : For case completion for NVC, you need to have the applicant's PCC sent to NVC - only a copy, not original..original you will have to bring at consulate

Thank you Anishp!

Yes, that's right, PCC is required to be sent during NVC stage.

And yes, I'll send out PCC's copy now once we have our 261 open/filled and send out I-864

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone! It's August now... hope to see some approvals this month :D

USCIS

Sent I-130.........05/28/16

USPS Delivered.....05/31/16

Check cashed.......06/03/16

NOA1...............06/03/16

NOA1 (hard copy)...06/10/16

NOA2...............08/08/16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.