payman

Administrative Processing ???

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Here we are talking about Iran. They sponsored actual terrorists that kill civilians. End of the story AP. Don't blame US government. Blame Iran.

Edited by san diego

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

How do you a GC without entering the Lottery?

Does Iran have a Lottery?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

What branch of theoretical?

What is your H index?

My thesis was in General Relativity/Gravitational Physics. I don't know what you mean by H index but if it is about my papers, I have not published for years now, I basically quit the academic game of publish or parish, and joined the government and I feel much better for that. There are enough people publishing marginal work. Let someone else do that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There is no fee to enter the GC lottery.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Are you guys done with the feel good speech?

People of US are not the happiest people in the world, that distinction goes to Denmark, they are not the healthiest either,

their education system is not the best either. But they have the best advertising machine in the world.

what they say? "Accentuate the positive"

Come here and wave your flag all you want. There are massive problems in the US society but we leave it for some other time.

As for me, and my fiance, Don't worry about us, thank you very much. We can go to Tajikistan and be happy for that matter.

There are here problems that are deeply personal and I'd rather not discuss them at a public forum, But I give you the bottomline.

I leave the US for good, when I am good and ready. And no one can run me around.

And Remember, I didn't beg to come here, US Congress passed a law to increase diversity and left a small quota for Iran,

I simply took benefit of a law the US Congress passed. I didn't have to come, but this was one of those, what do you say, "opportunities", that

I could take advantage of and I did.

I have nothing against American people, I have met very good people here in US and I have made fairly good friends,

I can't say I have enjoyed anything here in the US. like I said, it's not my cup of tea. no offense.

and rest assured, I will go back to where I came from and no I am under no illusion that my leaving has the slightest significance.

I am as insignificant as you might imagine I am, if my insignificance pleases you then be pleased.

For the time being I'll wait for the AP to run its course,

Come here and wave our flag?I wave that beautiful Red, White, and Blue flag proudly it stands for that beautiful thing called freedom and opportunity...Which someone like you should not be given. I hope your visa is DENIED!! Just because my government has the DV visa doesn't mean you had to enter. In a way you were hoping to get picked by playing the lottery so you didn't have to beg to come here. Obviously, you were not HAPPY in one of the UNHAPPIEST countries in the world. Yes, Iran is at the bottom of the list for being full of happy people. No one is giving a feel good speech. You want to insult the country who gave you a free ride here and expect no one to say anything?

No country is without problems. Don't make yours sound like it is a place of wonderful opportunity and no problems. I wouldn't say your government is concerned about their people...Only about their money. You will leave when you are good and ready? What when your country builds itself back up from our help? No one cares to hear your tales of woe either so don't share your personal problems. Get over yourself and your country. You shouldn't be throwing stones. I don't see many people fighting to get in Iran....Most are fighting to get out. Unlike Iran, the GREAT country of the UNITED STATES offers what YOUR country CANNOT....FREEDOM....Freedom to make choices and speak your little tiny mind. You couldn't get away with this in Iran. I don't buy you are a PhD. If you were a PhD. that great country you love so much would have begged you to stay. They latch on to the smart people.

I don't quite understand if it is not your "cup of tea" why you are trying to bring your fiancee here. Let her stay in Iran and go home.

Don't let the door hit ya where the GOOD LORD split ya.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Let me explain, OP, why so many posters have such harsh comment. I would like to give you an analogy. You are successful person driving down the street. You see me and n the side. I am homeless looking for food in the garbage can. You feel bad for me and very kind. So you give me a ride to your house, feed me, give me one room. Finally, I find a job, etc. After that I tell you that I met another homeless woman and want her to live with me in your house. You are just nd enough to agree but ask to learn more about her. In response, I say that your food is terrible, your house is disgusting. And still keep living in your house and eating your food. How would you respond?? This homeless person is you. You are ungrateful, and not needed here. Go back.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Look at the world and look where you are right now. You're so ungrateful it makes me sick. Many many people sacrificed their lives for you to be free in the U.S.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Seychelles
Timeline

Unfortunately, some people that come here feel the US owes them something. That's when the ungrateful people come out...sad very sad. He got here yet we struggle to bring our loved ones here who want to be here and some never make it. Homeland Security won't do anything because that is his RIGHT TO FREEDOM OF SPEECH which was granted to him the minute he stepped off the plane on American soil. Unlike Iran we don't incarcerate and kill people for speaking their mind and talking bad about the government.

Yes I agree with you it is his right to speak out and this is something he would have never dreamed of in Iran. The killing and hanging of innocent people in Iran is on record but this is not the topic.

My point is, with mentality as this unworthy person is to DENY his fiance a visa. But since he is happy to go to leave this country back to Iran or Turkestan or Afghanistan then good ridden. I just hope he can be man enough to denounce his citizenship, but guess what, he will not do that, its his ticket back to this wonderful country and he knows it...

Timeline

Dear Folks,

I think, there has been a misunderstanding.

I never said I hate the US. Did I? I know many people who enjoy living in the US. More powers to them ! I never said that I am ungrateful for the opportunities.
I acknowledged that my country of origin Iran's government has sponsored terrorist groups. All of this I readily acknowledged.

What I said is that, upon arrival in the US, I realized it was not to my taste, but I stayed, because I was in the middle of something, and I had to finish it.
After finishing it, I was hoping that I start to like it better, but I didn't. these are all personal stuff. It's not a reflection on the US or americans.

I do work for the government of the United States and I have served this country, I have broken no law, ( minor traffic infractions aside ) I have always paid my taxes, I have even voted. So you have no reason to hate me, just because I have some personal preferences.

I know may americans born and raised here in the US who prefer to live in Canada, or France and they do.

US Billionaires who have gotten rich off of the opportunities in the US renounce their citizenship to escape paying taxes, and you guys have found me
to vent your frustrations ?

What is this sin that I have committed ? Criticized a system that the US congress members have stated themselves in speeches after speeches that is broken?

If criticizing the US government policies is something to be angry about, then boy oh boy, you have a lot of people to be angry about.

I love my fiance, the US government provided a visa category so that I can bring her to US quickly and marry her then, some people abused the system
and caused harm to US people, and I am getting punished for it, Is that not something to be frustrated about?
Can't I criticize the system that has caused me so much pain and anguish rightly or wrongly? the US Department of State might be justified in causing this
delay, they could have found a thousand better ways to handle this, My critique of the US government procedural practices by no means reflect on the American people. If you think freedom is good, then why not use it to criticize something you see some faults with ?

I am sorry I rubbed my credentials here. A PhD is not that big a deal really, it's a lot of work, and a lot of anguish, I did it because I really loved Physics,

I am not ungrateful for the opportunities provided to me, and before you get angry, remember, I paid for them dearly. It's not like someone gave me anything for free at your cost. My education here in US is completely paid for, I did get a loan which I paid back fully with interest. I worked through out my studies and taught hundreds of students in labs and classes.

Rest assured the USA was paid back fully and fairly for the opportunity, I am not eating anyone's lunch here.

When I leave US, for good, I will not be taking anything from anyone, that's more than what your ancestors and founding fathers can say.

At the time of arrival of Europeans in the American continent, close to 100 million people were living in this continent close to 10 million natives were living in North America. I think you can see where I am going with this.

Now you all have a good one.

Timeline

Look at the world and look where you are right now. You're so ungrateful it makes me sick. Many many people sacrificed their lives for you to be free in the U.S.

You are right, many people did sacrifice their lives. To me those are the 98% of natural born native americans who died so that the Europeans can create a country so that I can come here. Too bad the native americans didn't have an immigration service or visa, or guns or prisons. they weren't civilized enough.

The other thing they didn't have was the immunity to a vast plethora or infectious diseases europeans were naturally immune to, Due to the high state of civilization in the 16th century Europe.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Besides, OP is correct, there are a lot of flaws in American political system and a lot of truly horrible pages in American history. Just because there are countries where things are worse doesn't mean you must be blind to the flaws in your country. That would be stupid, now wouldn't it? Oh wait, you probably think only US citizens who were born and raised here are allowed to see those flaws and point them out, everyone else must keep their mouths shut. Especially if they came to live here. Especially if they come from countries where things are worse. They all must drop to their knees and kiss American soil and refuse to see even the obvious imperfections. Right?

My fiance had her interview today. she was given a letter that said "temporarily refused" my heart nearly stopped !!!

I showed it to the clerk, she says, it's under "Administrative Processing"

What is this "Administrative Processing" BS ?

I never heard of this. They used to to background check. Is that the same thing as background check?

she has never traveled to US. She worked as a Physician for 10 years, in Iran.

I really want this step to be over so that I can marry her in the US as soon as possible.

The laws of Immigration to US are generally inhumane, and borderline abusive. I went to US under very easy circumstances, I won my greencard in lottery, some 20 years ago, and my visa was issued the same day. I could travel from UAE to US the same day if I wanted to.

True, US government uses a bunch of vague and unhelpful terms but this is by far the most confusing term I have heard. Her case has already been in Administrative Processing for 4 months, unless you don't count USCIS, DHS, CSC, NVC as US gov administration. What is this extra step for? What does it try to accomplish?

They don't say how long does it take. Why can't they simply say how long does it take? Is it a matter of days, weeks, months, years?

this is frustrating beyond comprehension.

You should move since we are so inhumane with our immigration laws!

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Payman,

I can understand your frustrations with this system. Comparing the US system with others in the world that are overly harsh isn't really a great comparison - instead we should be comparing systems to what is humane. After all, Jeffrey Dahlmer was pretty good compared to Stalin. But even in a comparison to humane standards, the US really isn't so bad. Sure, it's frustrating, long, expensive... and it could definitely get better. It can cloud even the most logical person's vision to be forced to separate from their loved one. But it did let you have a new life (which you accepted) and has embraced you as one of its own.

I can also understand what everyone else is saying about ungratefulness. Surely you're exercising something not really available (without threat of imprisonment or worse) in the country you wish to return to.

But it is your right to complain and criticize free from government interference - but obviously not free from consequence! Hopefully the explanations that have been factual as opposed to opinionated have explained enough why AP might be necessary for someone coming from a volatile region. Certainly, if the situation were reversed and I was immigrating to Iran (if Iran were to offer a similar policy), I wouldn't be surprised to discover that they would want to know, in great detail, my intent and my background.

Regardless, I don't think there's much to be gained to continuing this thread besides more inflammatory editorial opinions, and we all know what opinions are best equated with. I do wish you good luck in your fiance's AP, that it moves quickly.

Case Complete to Interview Date Spreadsheet Analysis: http://www.gryphonsoftwareconsulting.com/vj/index.html

Nov 04, 2015 - Sent I-130

Nov 16, 2015 - I-130 NOA1

Mar 29, 2016 - I-130 NOA2

Mar 30, 2016 - Sent to NVC

Apr 04, 2016 - NOA2 hardcopy received

Apr 04, 2016 - NVC Received
Apr 12, 2016 - Case # Assigned

Apr 19, 2016 - Paid AOS and IV fees (finally! :ranting: )
Apr 20, 2016 - AOS and IV fees show PAID

Apr 27, 2016 - Scan date

May 16, 2016 - Case complete

May 25, 2016 - Interview date assigned: Jul 14, 2016

May 26, 2016 - P4 received

May 31, 2016 - CEAC Status changed to "In Transit"

Jun 01, 2016 - CEAC Status changed to "Ready"

Jul 14, 2016 - Visa Approved!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Have you considered moving to Iran?

Administrative processing doesn't mean he has to move to Iran. He just want opinions since I'm just like him, VJ has and is still teaching me everyday since I found it this month.

You know why people are put in A P because of people who come to America only to pooo pooo everything!! Please refrain from your dislike of the country that feeds you. You would NOT have the same opportunities in your country as you have here or the freedoms to say all you are saying. This is why you migrate here as did my family. If you arent grateful then you should just move back!!

He was put on AP and temporary at that! It could be they are missing a form!!! Yet he comes on here hating on the system the people and how smart we are so why be here with us idiots he should go back to people of his inteligence level. Goodbye!!!

Edited by Anitafeliz

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.