1,215 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Thanks for all the info here...I just checked online and see the status changed for me "card is being produced"...the status change date was yesterday, 11/22/16! :idea:

Congrats!

I received my approval letter yesterday in the mail. No card yet, do you know when I should be getting my 10 year card?

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

I received my approval letter yesterday in the mail. No card yet, do you know when I should be getting my 10 year card?

Thanks!

You should get it anywhere between 1-2 weeks! Congrats!

Confession: I haven't looked up the status of ROC this entire time because I filed with VSC and I'm certain nothing will move for another 3-4 months. I'm not even sure what the website is of which number to use to look it up.

Edited by lucybelle

N-400 May 2017 Google Doc

Full timeline- 

Filed from abroad- Costa Rica

NOA1- NOA2: 316 days

Jan 12, 2013: Married!!
Mar 19, 2013: NOA1

Jan 28, 2014: I-130 approved

NVC- Green Card in Hand: 189 days

Feb 3, 2014: TSC sends case to NVC
April 14: Real checklist for AOS (saying tax number was incorrect when it wasn't)
April 30: Another AOS checklist, for proof of employment (which was already sent)
May 1: Checklist for IV- certified marriage certificate (even though I sent a certified one originally)
July 1: INTERVIEW!!! - APPROVED!
July 16: POE through Miami
July 22: SSN card in the mail
August 30, 2014: Green card arrives in the mail!!!

ROC: 366 days
April 27, 2016: Sent 300 page ROC packet to VSC via overnight mail
May 16: Check shown as charged online, received NOA 1 dated April 29
June 20, 2016- Biometrics
April 28, 2017: Approval
May 4, 2017: Approval letter arrived
May 15, 2017: GC arrives in mail

N-400: 190 days
May 8: Sent packet to Dallas Lockbox
May 12: NOA 1, Credit card charged
June 7: Biometrics
June 16: "In line"
Oct 2: Interview letter arrives (online status still says ''in line'')
Oct 31: Interview- Approved!
Nov 13: Oath ceremony!  Applied for passport & registered to vote on site.
Nov 22: Passport arrives (paid for expedited service and overnight delivery)

Journey complete! A total of 1701 days or 4 years, 7 months and 26 days.

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys, just wanted to post an update. I received my card in the mail yesterday (case submitted 04/01, approval 11/14). It was sent by Priority Mail and left in my box in the lobby. My case has been in "your card is being produced" status for 8 business days.. Then it changed to " Card was mailed" and same day to "card was was picked up" with tracking number assigned. Also wanted to add: we didn't receive request for evidence. It seems like timeline is between 7.5 and 8 months now... I believe rest of us should be approved next week or first week of Dec. For those who wanted to buy airline tickets it's been 12 calendars days between changed status online and card in my hand.

Filed: Timeline

Hello April Filers,

Happy Thanks Giving to all, by the way I just received approval letter in the mail from USCIS today. Only the letter in the mailbox, no card, no email or text message notifications. The letter says "Congratulations! Your request for the removal of the conditional basis of your permanent resident status has been approved. You are deemed to be a lawful Permanent Resident of the United States as of the date of your original admission or adjustment of status."

Also the letter suggested I should receive a new card within 60 days. The date of decision on the letter is 11/11/2016.

However, I'm a little surprised that the approval letter was printed on just a plain white paper, not a USCIS letterhead like other letter I used to get from them. So I have a few questions for those who already got their approval letter. Do the approval letters you guys get were printed on a plain white paper just like mine?

I don't know if i celebrate or not yet coz Im still worried and not sure about it.

Hi, text is very similar to mine, my NOA was printed on official paper, they might just have forgotten to change the paper lol.

Confession: I haven't looked up the status of ROC this entire time because I filed with VSC and I'm certain nothing will move for another 3-4 months. I'm not even sure what the website is of which number to use to look it up.

Yeah, right there with you. I'm not expecting anything for months more and haven't bothered checking case status once. As the time comes closer you can use the number from the biometrics appt letter on the USCIS My Case Status page.

ROC Timeline

04/06/2016 - Mailed I-751

04/07/2016 - NOA1

04/13/2016 - Check cashed

04/14/2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

05/04/2016 - Received biometric notice

05/16/2016 - Biometrics appointment

05/17/2017 - Approved

05/22/2017 - Card in Production

05/25/2017 - Card Mailed

05/30/2017 - Card Received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country:
Timeline

My case has been pending since 04/06...over 50% of the ROC applicants who submitted to CSC are approved. It doesn't feel good when there's no news but silence.

I moved two months ago to a different state, of course with my spouse. Does that make the process slower?

ROC

04/06/16

- I-751 mailed by priority

04/08/16

- NOA1

11/30/16

- card ordered (no interview)

Thanks for all the info here...I just checked online and see the status changed for me "card is being produced"...the status change date was yesterday, 11/22/16! :idea:

Congrats!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Ayumi, it shouldn't make it slower but make sure you send address change and I would call customer service to make sure that they recived the change just fine. I think I might be moving too I'm trying not to as much as I can. Cause I'm already a wiaver I don't want to mess it up.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I also tried to submit an online inquiry and it said it is within the normal time frame.

11/08/2012 - Became a couple online smile.png

08/21/2013 - I flew over from England to Boston to meet him smile.pngwub.png

08/29/2013 - I was due to go back home but decided to stay a little longer

09/20/2013 - We decided to get married smile.pngheart.gif

10/22/2013 - We got married!!!

12/13/2013 - Day 0 - Sent off I-130 and I-485 and I-765 to Chicago

12/16/2013 - Day 3 - AOS Packet arrived in Chicago according to USPS

12/20/2013 - Day 7 - Received e-notification to say case has been accepted and processing at the USCIS National Benefits Center.

12/24/2013 - Day 11 - Received official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) in the mail.

12/31/2013 - Day 18 - Received letter for biometrics appointment on January 23rd.

01/13/2014 - Day 31 - Received RFE for form I-864

01/23/2014 - Day 41 - Biometrics done!

03/04/2014 - Day 81 - RFE response sent!

03/06/2014 - Day 83 - RFE response arrived there!

03/20/2014 - Day 97 - EAD card in production!

03/26/2014 - Day 103 - EAD card mailed out!

03/26/2014 - Day 103 - EAD card in USPS possession and given tracking number

03/26/2014 - Day 103 - Green card interview being scheduled! :D

03/30/2014 - Day 107 - USCIS mailed out our interview notice, scheduled for May 6th!

03/31/2014 - Day 108 - Received I-765 EAD work permit in the mail!

04/01/2014 - Day 109 - Received appointment for GC

05/06/2014 - Day 145 - GC interview approved!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

My case has been pending since 04/06...over 50% of the ROC applicants who submitted to CSC are approved. It doesn't feel good when there's no news but silence.

I moved two months ago to a different state, of course with my spouse. Does that make the process slower?

Same here :( but I didn't move.

I'm switching jobs and really hope the card arrives by the time I have a job interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Ayumi, it shouldn't make it slower but make sure you send address change and I would call customer service to make sure that they recived the change just fine. I think I might be moving too I'm trying not to as much as I can. Cause I'm already a wiaver I don't want to mess it up.

hello April 2016 filers,

I've been following this thread, and i am in the google excel file as "Flosan".

I applied in I got the NOA on April 25.

I have not been approved yet, but I just want to thank you all since this has helped me stay sane during this long wait. today is one of those days that I wonder, why haven't I been approved yet!?? this wait is horrible, hopefully it will be over soon, before the holidays.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.