dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview May 2016

1,620 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. So I just called NVC about an interview date because I couldn't take waiting anymore and I'm kind of ? disappointed. So the girl I spoke to, Serena told me my husband's case in London is awaiting an interview still which I kind of expected but when I asked further she said they schedule at the beginning of every month so maybe I can hear something in early May but maybe not even though my cc was April 13th, I may not make the June appointments according to what she said...the thought of it being July is just so :(((((

Make sure to call twice a day,call today, early hours and very late hour.... do the same tomorrow and Friday. I can bet you will get a date by weekend

Hi everyone. So I just called NVC about an interview date because I couldn't take waiting anymore and I'm kind of ? disappointed. So the girl I spoke to, Serena told me my husband's case in London is awaiting an interview still which I kind of expected but when I asked further she said they schedule at the beginning of every month so maybe I can hear something in early May but maybe not even though my cc was April 13th, I may not make the June appointments according to what she said...the thought of it being July is just so :(((((

make sure you call again today at least twice, the early hour and late hour. Do the same tomorrow and Friday.... I bet u will get something by weekend. The agents just often read you scripts...

STAGE 4: Removal of Conditions

03/19/18: I-751 mailed - Vermont Service Center

03/22/18: I-751 delivered to Vermont Service Center

03/23/18: Check Cashed

03/28/18: NOA1

05/29/2018: Biometrics

03/19/2019 : Transferred to Dallas Field Office

Naturalization

02/27/19: N-400 Filed Online

02/27/19: NOA1

03/05/19: Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

I was reading some applicants from some countries can accompany their partner (sponsor) for the interview. Actually it is a very good moral support for the beneficiary. but in my letter it says "Petitioners are not required to attend the applicant's immigrant visa interview".

Why the difference for the countries? At-least if they will give a chance to enter our partner inside the embassy, it will be "less nervous". :crying:

Edited by Tommal

ROC Process:

Submitted I-751: August 4, 2018

Received by California ofis : August 6, 2018

NOA1 date : August 29, 2018

Biometrics date : March 29, 2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

My husband is in his interview right now and I gave up sleeping. Lol

7/30/2015 Sent I130 priority mail to have tracking, I suggest you do the same.

8/4/2015 NOA1 (Nebraska)

12/17/2015 NOA2

♤♤while waiting for noa2, I read this wiki to get through

NVC quickly ->http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

12/24/2015 Petition Sent to NVC from Nebraska

1/4/2016 petition received at NVC (call and confirm it arrives. About 15 days try to get your case number and receipt number, I got mine in 11 days)

1/15/2016 Called NVC and got case/invoice number logged into this site to pay fees, pick agent -> https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx 1/15/2016 picked agent DS-261

1/18/2016 paid aos fee

1/28/2016 review 261 to get iv fee unlocked ( unlocked once I did review,was taking to long)

2/1/ 2016 sent AOS & IV packets together to nvc while I waited for iv fee to open to save time.

2/4/2016 paid IV Fee and waited to do ds260

2/3/2016 nvc received aos and iv packets(scan date)

2/7/2016 ds260 completed and now waiting for cc

♧CASE COMPLETE. .. march 8th

3/11/15 interview email

4/20/15 shots 4/25/15 rest of medical exam

INTERVIEW APRIL 27TH @8:30

April 27th 221g for additional documentation and placed in administrative processsing.

June 20th submitted evidence requested

June 23rd case was touched by embassy

August 1st case was touched again.

AUGUST 16TH embassy called and wants a new co sponser yet he met requirements.

Found a new co-sponsor

Handed in aos sept 11th

Set 18th another update

Sept 28th update and embassy called

SEPT 29TH ISSUED FINALLY

OCT 2nd visa in hand

POE October 22nd 2016

APPROVED

My husband is in his interview right now and I gave up sleeping. Lol

Waiting for the good news!!! Let's go. APPROVED!!! :)

Make sure to call twice a day,call today, early hours and very late hour.... do the same tomorrow and Friday. I can bet you will get a date by weekend

make sure you call again today at least twice, the early hour and late hour. Do the same tomorrow and Friday.... I bet u will get something by weekend. The agents just often read you scripts...

They really do. You have to question them. I know I do. Lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi all ,

I have a doubt , I have got my interview date may 17 2016 , Delhi embassy. Due to some issues it's kinda hard for me to attend on the appointed date , honestly we were expecting it to be in June but nvc surprised us by giving us a early date.

I checked with the delhi embassy as well for rescheduling , they asked me to wait till my interview date passes and schedule for a new interview date online.

So now iam not sure if I should reschedule my interview.

So anyone who could help me out if it's advisable to reschedule the interview, if yes how soon will I be getting a new date and how do I go about it, if not I'll stick to my appointed date.

Really appreciate someone pitching in with valuable inputs.

Thanks in advance

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

My husband had his interview and got ap. The man told him to send in the info we need so it's not sent back. Apparently when I put my marraige info on old facebook I don't use, I messed up the year. I thought I put 2015 but I had only changed the month and date. Now they want proof I'm not married to someone else. #######... im legally divorced to my ex since 2014. Plus I sent my divorce papers and that facebook was abandoned in 2014. I feel fustrated, now they want financial records from my ex husband? I guess I need to send my apartment lease, maybe his mortgage to show I'm not on it. Idk...

7/30/2015 Sent I130 priority mail to have tracking, I suggest you do the same.

8/4/2015 NOA1 (Nebraska)

12/17/2015 NOA2

♤♤while waiting for noa2, I read this wiki to get through

NVC quickly ->http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

12/24/2015 Petition Sent to NVC from Nebraska

1/4/2016 petition received at NVC (call and confirm it arrives. About 15 days try to get your case number and receipt number, I got mine in 11 days)

1/15/2016 Called NVC and got case/invoice number logged into this site to pay fees, pick agent -> https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx 1/15/2016 picked agent DS-261

1/18/2016 paid aos fee

1/28/2016 review 261 to get iv fee unlocked ( unlocked once I did review,was taking to long)

2/1/ 2016 sent AOS & IV packets together to nvc while I waited for iv fee to open to save time.

2/4/2016 paid IV Fee and waited to do ds260

2/3/2016 nvc received aos and iv packets(scan date)

2/7/2016 ds260 completed and now waiting for cc

♧CASE COMPLETE. .. march 8th

3/11/15 interview email

4/20/15 shots 4/25/15 rest of medical exam

INTERVIEW APRIL 27TH @8:30

April 27th 221g for additional documentation and placed in administrative processsing.

June 20th submitted evidence requested

June 23rd case was touched by embassy

August 1st case was touched again.

AUGUST 16TH embassy called and wants a new co sponser yet he met requirements.

Found a new co-sponsor

Handed in aos sept 11th

Set 18th another update

Sept 28th update and embassy called

SEPT 29TH ISSUED FINALLY

OCT 2nd visa in hand

POE October 22nd 2016

APPROVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey Dwheels,

My husband traveled back to Abuja on Saturday so he wasn't able to stop by the collection center. But I called the Visa Center yesterday and was told that even though the status says issued we should wait for an email from the embassy confirming that the visa is ready before going to pick it up. We haven't received the email, but my mother in law is traveling to Lagos tomorrow, so she will check and pick it up if it's ready. I'll definitely let you know.

I pray that your husband feels better very very soon. All this stress and anticipation before the interview must have worn him down a bit. We will surely miss you on here tomorrow :( , but journey mercies to you both and I can't wait to hear the good news on Thursday!! :D

hi Dwheels76, hope your husband is feel much better today?wish you and husband GOOD LUCK with ur interview tomorrow. Have been calling for days now still can't get through...

My husband had his interview and got ap. The man told him to send in the info we need so it's not sent back. Apparently when I put my marraige info on old facebook I don't use, I messed up the year. I thought I put 2015 but I had only changed the month and date. Now they want proof I'm not married to someone else. #######... im legally divorced to my ex since 2014. Plus I sent my divorce papers and that facebook was abandoned in 2014. I feel fustrated, now they want financial records from my ex husband? I guess I need to send my apartment lease, maybe his mortgage to show I'm not on it. Idk...

Oh No !!!! Farrah, dont worry, Just send across all that has been requested in good time. I am sure it will all be well. Just seem a little trivial, given that you already submitted legal dissolution of previous marriage. Did they go solely with what they saw on facebook?, Did they even look up your facebook? Seems trivial to me.

I am equally a divorcee and these just makes me ponder. I guess you just never know what cards they gonna turn on you at the interview.

Staty strong sis, It will be over before you know it. :)

Naturalization

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

My case completed on April 15th. Is there any one from Canada who got their interview scheduled for May or June? What was your CC?

Edited by vincan

Hello,

All y'all who got their dates.... Congrat.

DWheels, congratulations on your big day..

I am soo frustrated by now, Just called NVC and all what I hear is, we don't have dates as of now.

My wife went for her check up and the doctor said "you baby is 2 weeks ahead"

I WANA BE WITH HER. :crying:

Doctor said the date will still be June 30th for now. I am missing all of it, the most important part of our life.

I have no clue what has to be done now. I wish, hope and pray that I get my interview done and I be the first one to hold my baby. :cry:

USCIS Stage

2015-08-28: I-130 petition sent to Chicago Lockbox:

2015-09-02: I-130 petition received (NOA 1) (Nebraska Service Center)

2016-01-25: I-130 petition approved: --> 145 days after NOA 1

2016-01-29: NOA 2 hardcopy received

2016-01-26: Case sent to NVC

NVC Stage

2016-01-27: NVC Received

2016-02-01: (called NVC) Case received, Case# and IIN generated

2016-02-01: Submit DS-261

2016-02-11: Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2016-02-12: Pay AOS Bill :

2016-02-12: Send AOS Package :

2016-02-12: Receive IV Bill

2016-02-12: Pay IV Bill

2016-03-02: Send IV Package

2016-03-30: Case Completed at NVC

2016-05-06: Request expdite

2016-05-09: Expedite request granted

2016-05-15: Left NVC

Embassy Stage

2016-05-28: Consulate Received

2016-06-09: Packet 4 Received

2016-06-09: Interview scheduled (June 29, 2016)

2016-06-12: Requested expedite for interview and granted (date changed to June 20, 2016)

2016-06-14: Medical Examination (Dubai)

2016-06-20: Interview @ Abu DHabi Embassy

2016-06-20: Interview Result: APPROVED :dancing:

2016-06-20: CEAC status from "Ready" to "AP" (within one hour after interview)

2016-06-21:CEAC status from "AP" to "Issued"

2016-06-22: Notification received (passport dispatched)

2016-06-23: Visa in hand

2016-06-23: Immigration fee paid

2016-06-25: POE (Houston)

ROC i751

2018-06-20: Filed i751 ROC
2018-06-26: NOA Date
2018-09-10: Received 18-month extension letter.
2019-03-25: Biometrics done

Waiting for interview/approval...............................

N400

2019-03-29: Filed Online
2019-03-30: NOA Date
2019-04-28: Biometrics done

Waiting for interview/approval...............................

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I was reading some applicants from some countries can accompany their partner (sponsor) for the interview. Actually it is a very good moral support for the beneficiary. but in my letter it says "Petitioners are not required to attend the applicant's immigrant visa interview".

Why the difference for the countries? At-least if they will give a chance to enter our partner inside the embassy, it will be "less nervous". :crying:

Tommal, you need to check with your Embassy/Consulate to see if the petitioner may come. Some embassies/consulates say "no" flat out. Some say "yes", but you much have a written note (email) from the embassy giving you permission. Some allow petitioners into the waiting area, but they are not allowed to accompany the petitioner to the window. Some say "not required", but they will let you in.

So find out about YOUR Embassy.

I was lucky. Australia let me accompany my spouse!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Thanks Deji, I called again just now and got the same thing lol...only this time I was told she has no clue about when they will even begin to schedule them hahah. Everyone says something different but I really appreciate your advice and will keep at it until I know that date!

My case completed on April 15th. Is there any one from Canada who got their interview scheduled for May or June? What was your CC?

My cc was April 13th, waiting to hear about interview. Called twice this week. According to everyone's advice, all we can do is keep calling until we know! Best of luck to all and please let us know your progress. I'm hoping to know something by Friday.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks Deji, I called again just now and got the same thing lol...only this time I was told she has no clue about when they will even begin to schedule them hahah. Everyone says something different but I really appreciate your advice and will keep at it until I know that date!

My cc was April 13th, waiting to hear about interview. Called twice this week. According to everyone's advice, all we can do is keep calling until we know! Best of luck to all and please let us know your progress. I'm hoping to know something by Friday.

I called NVC yesterday, my next call will be this Friday! Good luck to you as well.

we are counting down. This time next week it will have been over whew**

Naturalization

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.