Valor

Cousin and his wife VISA got denied, what to do next?

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i have to disagree.

discriminatory how? discrimination involves treating a group of people unfairly and under the general case, the rules arent unfair. particular officers may engage in some, but the rules arent.

guilty of what crime? that phrase seems off because non immigrant visa applicants claim that they have no intent to immigrate and they have to prove that. it is completely normal for a third world country citizen to want to move to the first world and the process asks for proof that you are not going to come here and live off social benefits.

there is no crime, guilt or innocence here.

protect from criminal activity? most immigrants legal or otherwise engage in far less criminal behavior that citizens. the system is this way to prevent abuse of social benefits and nothing to do with criminal activity.

Guilty as in by law all applicants are presumed to be guilty of attempting to illegally emigrate to the US until they prove that they won't.

Not guilty of having actually committed a crime, guilty of being considered as a future illegal immigrant.

August 2000: We start e-mailing. I'm in Bosnia, she's in Florida

October 29th 2000: She sends me e-mail asking if I would marry her

October 29th 2000(5 seconds later): I say yes

November 2000: She sends me tickets to Orlando for when I get back

December 6th 2000: Return from Bos

December 11th 2000: Fly to Orlando, she meets me at airport

December 22nd 2000: I fly back to UK

January 3rd 2001: She flies to UK (Good times)

Mid February 2001: Pregnancy test Positive

Mid February 2001: She flies back to US

March 2001: Miscarriage, I fly to US on first flight I can get

May 2001: I leave US before my 90 days are up

June 2001: I fly back to US, stopped at airport for questioning as I had only just left

September 2001: Pregnancy test Positive again

September 2001: She falls sick, I make decision to stay to look after her as I am afraid I may have problems getting back in.

April 16th 2002: Our son is born, we start getting stuff together for his passport

March 6th 2003: We leave US for UK as family

Early April 2003: Family troubles make her return to US, I ask Embassy in London about possibilities of returning to US

April 16th 2003: London Embassy informs me that I will be banned from the Visa Waiver Program for 10 years, my little boys first birthday

June 13th 2006: I-129f sent

August 11th 2006: NOA1 Recieved

After our relationship breaks down she admits to me that she had never bothered to start the application process

If nothing has changed to show stronger ties there really is no use in trying again at this point, it would be the same end result. I think their back up plan to travel to EU is a good idea. It will show that they have traveled successfully internationally and returned home, a good thing for a future CO to see when considering a visitor visa to the US.

Thank you very much for your advices, I think we'll take your suggestions.

N400

11.06.2019...........Application Submitted Online
11.16.2019............Receive Biometrics Letter in mail
11.29.2019............Biometrics done
08.17.2020............Interview Scheduled

09.21.2020............Interview, approved

09.22.2020............Oath Ceremony

They should just have their honeymoon in Europe instead. There's no point in trying to apply for another visa, it will just show their desperate to come to the US. Europe is nice in the summer, can't go wrong with any of the countries.

Good point. I agree with you. They aren't really sold to have their honey moon in the U.S. Doesn't worth to give it another try in such a short amount of time.

N400

It must have been weak evidence or something strange, I know quite a few people from my years in china who easily get 10 year visas to the USA all the time, even single women. It is not too difficult at the moment for mainlanders to come to the US, Did they apply in GZ or Shanghai? I have heard GZ is easier but I cannot personally vouch for that, just hearsay

Edit; because I cant remember what type of Visa they have, 10 year may be business

They actually applied it from Chengdu. It is kind of strange. I had ten friends went here on B2 VISA two years ago, some of them were single/divorced, and they all got their VISA. I guess my cousin didn't have a very high salary to show, that's probably why.

N400

i have to disagree.

discriminatory how? discrimination involves treating a group of people unfairly and under the general case, the rules arent unfair. particular officers may engage in some, but the rules arent.

guilty of what crime? that phrase seems off because non immigrant visa applicants claim that they have no intent to immigrate and they have to prove that. it is completely normal for a third world country citizen to want to move to the first world and the process asks for proof that you are not going to come here and live off social benefits.

there is no crime, guilt or innocence here.

protect from criminal activity? most immigrants legal or otherwise engage in far less criminal behavior that citizens. the system is this way to prevent abuse of social benefits and nothing to do with criminal activity.

The definitiion of the word "discrimination" does not require that the type of discrimination be unfair. It simple terms discrimination means "different treatment". That treatment could be good or bad, it doesn't matter which one. I'm sure many people feel the process is unfair, but it doesn't matter because they do not have a right to be in the US. The only people who reserve that right are US citizens.

Full Definition of discrimination
  1. 1 a : the act of discriminating b : the process by which two stimuli differing in some aspect are responded to differently

2. 2 : the quality or power of finely distinguishing

3. 3 a : the act, practice, or an instance of discriminating categorically rather than individually b : prejudiced or prejudicial outlook, action, or treatment http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/discrimination

I didn't say they were guilty of a crime. What I meant was that US immigration officials approach the process as if the intending immigrant or visa applicant will break the law and stay in the US illegally. It is up to each applicant to prove otherwise. ie: "guilty until proven innocent". The process is purposely set up this way.

As for abusing social benefits, that IS criminal activity.

Edited by Teddy B

The process is definitely discriminatory and they make no attempt to hide that. When it comes to immigration, people are guilty until proven innocent, not the other way around. The first and foremost reason why the process is like this is to protect the US and it's citizens from criminal activity.

i agree Teddy :goofy:

They should just have their honeymoon in Europe instead. There's no point in trying to apply for another visa, it will just show their desperate to come to the US. Europe is nice in the summer, can't go wrong with any of the countries.

Sorry to say this but Europe is a getting ghettoized at alarming rates

Timeline

Sorry to say this but Europe is a getting ghettoized at alarming rates

Really?

I must be lucky and miss all these ghettos when I've travelled around UK and Europe

June 2001: I fly back to US, stopped at airport for questioning as I had only just left

September 2001: She falls sick, I make decision to stay to look after her as I am afraid I may have problems getting back in.

April 16th 2002: Our son is born, we start getting stuff together for his passport

Early April 2003: Family troubles make her return to US, I ask Embassy in London about possibilities of returning to US

April 16th 2003: London Embassy informs me that I will be banned from the Visa Waiver Program for 10 years, my little boys first birthday

After our relationship breaks down she admits to me that she had never bothered to start the application process

Ghettoized - we can say the same about America (with illegal immigration and growing low-income neighbourhoods (not all low income I clarify)). However, now states grant drivers licenses to illegals (who are already utilizing benefits on account of tax-payer through free schools, hospitals etc.). Well, currently our government doesn't apply the laws currently in the books to the fullest extent to curb this and so this ghettoization continues. Well, first I strongly suggest, you work towards halting the growth of ghettos in the US of A.

If you browse through various threads, we can see people with drug charges, dicey marriages or people coming in to overstay and getting married etc. most of whom get the visas. Well, I assume once these folks get in, they certainly work towards pushing the growth of ghettos here.

However,using this thread to make a veiled remark about refugees (seeking asylum due to war torn homeland) is utterly in bad taste. I am assuming, you have never lived in war zone and have not fully comprehended the complexity that is unfolding currently.

Timeline

i am sure you did. try glasgow, birmingham, or ville de paris monsieur

I live just outside Glasgow, the only dodgy places to go in Glasgow are if you openly support the wrong football team for that area.

Back on thread, Europe is a vast and beautiful continent. Plenty of places to visit if the US plan can't happen.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Ghettoized - we can say the same about America (with illegal immigration and growing low-income neighbourhoods (not all low income I clarify)). However, now states grant drivers licenses to illegals (who are already utilizing benefits on account of tax-payer through free schools, hospitals etc.). Well, currently our government doesn't apply the laws currently in the books to the fullest extent to curb this and so this ghettoization continues. Well, first I strongly suggest, you work towards halting the growth of ghettos in the US of A.

If you browse through various threads, we can see people with drug charges, dicey marriages or people coming in to overstay and getting married etc. most of whom get the visas. Well, I assume once these folks get in, they certainly work towards pushing the growth of ghettos here.

However,using this thread to make a veiled remark about refugees (seeking asylum due to war torn homeland) is utterly in bad taste. I am assuming, you have never lived in war zone and have not fully comprehended the complexity that is unfolding currently.

I did not say anything about refugees. you are making pre- conceived conclusions and also, it is easy to be politically correct and say populist things. like this other person said. stick to the topic. i am outta here

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.