NoLongerHappy

HELP! Just lost my job and k1 interview is too close.

13 posts in this topic

I really need help! I'm really panicking!

At my former job as of today, I was picked on, I was threatened, I was insulted and I never fought back verbally or otherwise because I was afraid of losing my job needed for a k1. I can't believe how mean and some people can get away with so much cheating at work and succeed, even breaking the laws.....I've never been in a hostile workplace environment and its the perfect case for a winning lawsuit. Heck my coworker said I was fired because of my boss's racist values BUT unfortunately I JUST WANT to get A NEW JOB so I can live with my fiance and NOT SUE.

My fiance the woman I love so much is taking the medical exam this week. The interview is not far off I'm sure, I just paid the fees.

I have $80,000.00 in the bank, I don't know if this can justify me not being in the poverty guideline of $19,913 income. I can get great jobs sometimes in a week or a month. The problem is that the NOA2 says the approval notice is only valid until 5/30/2016. Sometimes jobs are very hard to get but eventually I get killer jobs.

I read everywhere that if you lose job right before the interview you need a co-signer to do a I-864A...I heard you can't just get another job because the I-129F has my original job and if I take another job its not stable yet...The problem is this:

My parents are very very very very well off. Even though they are so well off, they will not help. They said they will NEVER co-sponsor, they never have once in my life. I've asked for two days and they got super angry. I think they think they can buy their ticket to heaven (haha).

Right now I'm shaking from all the stress I had at the job and how I was cheated out of my k1 visa......What are my options?!?!?!?! I can't sleep, my head hurts, just I'm in a lot of pain, when I close my eyes I think my wife wont get accepted because of this job loss.

My Fiance thinks its okay, because we have all the paperwork ready to go, (paystubs, employment verification form from 2 weeks ago) and there has not been enough time passed that they wont know and I can get a job after she gets her visa (I'm looking now for a job but my hands been shaking all day). I think this option is the WORST! I don't want anyone to lie or anything.

I can't lose this opportunity, someone please tell me that my $80k will be enough for me to justify her visa accepted even without my job..sorry if I'm complaining, I'm so scared and tired of being cheated in life for how hard I work.

I will answer any questions within reason, please answer quickly so I can formulate a strategy. Thanks.

Edited by NoLongerHappy

Filed: Timeline

If its all in then you may be over-stressing, cant you just pick up a job any job until the interview?

you say its gonna be soon for interview , and you have good savings because previous payscale was

good I don't think a new tax statement will be asked for until the end of April

Jawaree, are you saying that I should just use my previous (I hate saying that I just worked today) job information for interview? I can get a job in the mean time. "and you have good savings" I'm not following you, are you saying that this can be used in place of income? I'd love to use that but I can't find one source that says this.

I can pick up any job but I don't have the cleanest background so it might take some time but then again I've gotten a job before in a week of looking, I have the job skills. I will attempt this no matter what, its possible.

Yes its over stressing...not sure how to get rid but that's not for here to discuss. It might pass tomorrow.

Dmck, yes in my career $12 is a joke but I can do it for her. It might hurt my career though. I'm not sure you can live off that in my area but at least I have a large savings to buffer it.

//My tax statement for the last 4-5 years have been well over the requirements.

Edited by NoLongerHappy

I talked to my parents, and they said to hire a lawyer and see what the worst case scenario that he is liable for. He said $30k is the most he will do if more, if more than $30,000 than no.

I found another a site that says you can change jobs after the NOA2) So all I have to do is change jobs. I thought previously that you could not change jobs or you will be denied because its not stable work.

I think my best bet is to tell the truth and go get another job even if it is crappy.

Edited by NoLongerHappy

I-134 is not legal binding. So your parents will have very little risk as a co-sponsor at K1 visa interview stage.

Signing I-864 as co-sponsor at AOS is a different story.

You / your parents should read this thread.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/417935-getting-sued-using-i864/

Your option will be

1) your parents co-sponsor I-134 during K1 visa interview. You buy time to find a new job so that you will not need a co-sponsor for AOS stage. Your parents are free from the I-864 obligation.

2) Delay the K1 visa interview as long as possible till you find a new job. Then you don't need any co-sponsor at all.

Side note, just because your parents are very very very very well off, they don't owe you a duty to sponsor your fiancé whom they may not know very well.

You should be responsible for person you want to bring into US.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Even if new tax statement is needed, i am assuming you worked all of 2015

so, you have tax statements for the last 3 years and that is what is required at interview

Go with this, especially if parents are willing to help you get back on your feet

Good luck at interview

Okay the I-134 isn't legally binding. Your parents would in no way be on the hook for anything. Your money in the bank is more than enough for thr I-864 with the adjustment of status so they wouldn't be needed for that. Also a full time job at $12/hr is enough to sponsor a spouse. It can be just barely enough to really live off of depending on the state.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Also yes, get another job. Try stocking jobs at places like Target. Overnights also tend to pay more just fyi.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Even if new tax statement is needed, i am assuming you worked all of 2015

so, you have tax statements for the last 3 years and that is what is required at interview

Go with this, especially if parents are willing to help you get back on your feet

Good luck at interview

I agree with him! just bring your tax statements and you are OK! they dont ask for a letter to prove you work or anything.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Honestly with the amount of savings you have, you should be fine for the meantime. The guidelines said that your assets can support your financial stability to support your fiancé here in US. And even if you have an extra car or you own a property, you can even use that as legal binding that your fiancé will not be a problem of the government till everything is settled. There's no need to be panic :) you're doing okay, even without your parents support you'll be fine

So it took a total of 3 days of looking for a job and now I have an IT job, they screwed me over with pay but that is okay...as soon as the AOS, I can get another job....my phone was ringing about every other minute after the 2nd day. I could have gotten a job that was high paying but I didn't want to risk her to not come...I can look for a job while I have this job.

Thanks for all your advice, there is some things I will use because I don't have a paycheck here yet at this new job.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So it took a total of 3 days of looking for a job and now I have an IT job, they screwed me over with pay but that is okay...as soon as the AOS, I can get another job....my phone was ringing about every other minute after the 2nd day. I could have gotten a job that was high paying but I didn't want to risk her to not come...I can look for a job while I have this job.

Thanks for all your advice, there is some things I will use because I don't have a paycheck here yet at this new job.

Congratulations!

Glad you found a job so quickly!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.