demelat

are we the only one ??

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Too soon to worry. You have your case number. The embassy will soon have your file. Work on obtaining the items needed for interview. As advised in you other posts, try to relax.

btw "stacked" is not the correct term. I believe you may mean stuck. You're not stuck at NVC. They just issued your case # 2 weeks ago.

Edited by LionessDeon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

yes you are right ! but everybody's file reached the embassy already ... zats why am worried we are calling every day but same answers nways there is nothing we can do to chang but wait .. tnx for z correction !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

everyone is not waiting 14 days ... majority of the ppl files transferred in 3-4 days zats whyi said not fair...

Waiting 14 days at NVC is not fair? Says the person who only waited 44 days to get approved... Just be patient.

Instead of worrying about things you can't control (such as when NVC will send it out), I suggest keeping yourself busy with matters you CAN control such as gathering all documents you need for the interview.

Here is the Ababa K1 interview guideline:

http://ethiopia.usembassy.gov/visas/fianc-visas-k/k-1-fiance-/-k3--spouse-visa-appointment-checklist.html

Also, we here at VJ always advice not to base/compare the progress of your petition with others because everyone's case is different. You will only give yourself unnecessary heartache.

Good luck! :)

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Has anyone lost the approved letter from USCIS? I was informed I needed it but somehow I lost it. Would an approved letter from the NVC, plus an online approved screens hot from USCIS work?

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I am wondering how I can claim joint sponsorship with my parents because due to external reasons I wont have my tax returns and I have been studying so my work has been part time for two years. How can I do that and what advice would you give for my fiancée as to what she should say when asked about being sponsored in such a way (by parents)?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Damn rudeness and hijacking. It's perfectly normal. They randomly select certain cases in order to do additional background checks. Usually takes about 15 days, but can take a month from what I've heard. So no need to worry.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.