Chris&Olivia

I-129F February 2016 Filers

3,803 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just got the hard copy of our RFE today. They need the "Beneficiary's Intent To Marry You in the United States"

Now my question is... Does she need to write this up and send me the signed copy or is it sufficient to write one up, sign it and scan me a copy to print? I want to fedex this ASAP and waiting 3-4 days for DHL to deliver the document to me is time lost at this point. The evidence they state that is acceptable is a statement of intent to marry (easy enough) wedding preparations (a little harder considering we have no idea when this will all be approved) or other evidence that clearly establishes her intent to marry (somewhat vague) Facebook status change/posts? Engagement ring pics? Video of her making the statement burned to disk? lol I don't want to chance anything but I also don't want to waste any time whatsoever.

Thanks!!

Edited by Chris98vf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Just got the hard copy of our RFE today. They need the "Beneficiary's Intent To Marry You in the United States"

Now my question is... Does she need to write this up and send me the signed copy or is it sufficient to write one up, sign it and scan me a copy to print? I want to fedex this ASAP and waiting 3-4 days for DHL to deliver the document to me is time lost at this point. The evidence they state that is acceptable is a statement of intent to marry (easy enough) wedding preparations (a little harder considering we have no idea when this will all be approved) or other evidence that clearly establishes her intent to marry (somewhat vague) Facebook status change/posts? Engagement ring pics? Video of her making the statement burned to disk? lol I don't want to chance anything but I also don't want to waste any time whatsoever.

Thanks!!

This is what we wrote on a letter.......( see attachment). The signature I think needs to be a WET signature (Original) but not sure. I did send the letter with a wet signature anyways ........

post-228309-0-39804900-1460258841_thumb.jpg

I-129F Sent : 2016-02-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2016-02-11

Timeline

This is what we wrote on a letter.......( see attachment). The signature I think needs to be a WET signature (Original) but not sure. I did send the letter with a wet signature anyways ........

Thanks! She's in her province right now, 2 hours from the nearest anything until the 14th... Was hoping we could do this over the internet lol.

Timeline

Thanks! She's in her province right now, 2 hours from the nearest anything until the 14th... Was hoping we could do this over the internet lol.

What I've seen from responses about just about everything, if it requires a signature, it has to be wet.

K-1 Application sent 2-16-16

Received at Dallas lockbox 2-18-16

NOA1, sent to California 2-23-16

NOA2 4-21-16

NVC shipped to Manila 5-12-16

Consulate received 5-16-16

US Embassy Interview -- APPROVED!!! 8-24-16 :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

Timeline

What I've seen from responses about just about everything, if it requires a signature, it has to be wet.

I did the math and considering she won't be able to ship me anything signed until the 15-18th I can send them as much as possible, scanned letters where we talk about marriage, ring receipt and pictures, Facebook posts and the like. I will Fedex it Monday and by the time she gets back to Manila I'll have heard if it was accepted or not based on the average response of a few days for past RFE's I've seen. If not then I guess wet signatures shipped via DHL will have to do.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I did the math and considering she won't be able to ship me anything signed until the 15-18th I can send them as much as possible, scanned letters where we talk about marriage, ring receipt and pictures, Facebook posts and the like. I will Fedex it Monday and by the time she gets back to Manila I'll have heard if it was accepted or not based on the average response of a few days for past RFE's I've seen. If not then I guess wet signatures shipped via DHL will have to do.

You will make your case far more difficult then necessary and may take way longer if you do it that way. Gather what you need and can and wait for her letter and then send it all of together.

You will make your case far more difficult then necessary and may take way longer if you do it that way. Gather what you need and can and wait for her letter and then send it all of together.

Totally agree with Georgia16. Just send one package altogether, rather than sending documents bit by bit.

And I think when they said they need the Intention to Marry, it's literally a letter declaring her intent to marry you in the US. I think its purpose is really to make a formal pledge to USCIS. And yes, sign in wet signature. No matter what.

Her Facebook posts, or the other info you mentioned, those would fall into "evidence of a bonafide relationship." Since this wasn't part of your RFE, I don't think it's necessary for you to submit those. If you would still like to submit more evidence, your fiancee can still add on into the initial "album" you guys submitted. That's what I'm planning to do!

Edited by ButterFinger

Timeline

The reasoning behind sending more than the intent to marry letter is because they list a couple options as proof, not only the intent to marry. Wedding plans for instance. Either way I'll be calling to confirm Monday morning regardless before I ship anything back to the CSC. Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The reasoning behind sending more than the intent to marry letter is because they list a couple options as proof, not only the intent to marry. Wedding plans for instance. Either way I'll be calling to confirm Monday morning regardless before I ship anything back to the CSC. Thanks!

That to me sounds like they want documents or receipts for wedding preparations, like hotel booking, venue booking etc, with her signature written on them. All you should need to clear this up is the letter of intent wet signed as already mentioned. The rest sounds like a lot of extra work.

EDIT: Although if they have asked for these things specifically it is best to provide them.

Edited by Rob&Jen

K1 Fiance Visa:

03/02/2016 - I-129F mailed

10/02/2016 - NOA1

19/04/2016 - NOA2

11/05/2016 - Transferred to NVC

23/05/2016 - Transferred to Embassy

25/05/2016 - DS-160 completed

09/06/2016 - Medical

18/08/2016 - Interview - APPROVED

22/08/2016 - Administrative Processing

24/08/2016 - Visa issued

30/08/2016 - Visa received

24/09/2016 - Point of Entry

11/10/2016 - Married

Chris98vf, on 10 Apr 2016 - 06:57 AM, said:Chris98vf, on 10 Apr 2016 - 06:57 AM, said:

I always say "do what do will do". Don't overload your evidence/letter of intent. If they are just looking for a letter of intent, then complete the LOI for the RFE. Follow the instructions contained in the RFE. The LOI is such a miniscule item in the grand scheme of things.

BTW. For those who are processing through the Philippines I have been answering thousands of questions to those who are coming behind us and put together a step by step website for processing through the Embassy in Manila. I help you navigate the process without getting RFE's, turn away's and 221(g)'s. I point out certain documents that are needed but no other embassy ask for that information like attending the CFO, having a current NBI that is no older than 6 months at the time of interview. There is a wealth of information there and it's FREE. Link is in my signature below at the red twisting arrow.

Good luck on the rest of your journey.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

valefercrs, on 09 Apr 2016 - 10:55 PM, said:

Hi guys, i have a question. We were approved on march 29 but haven't received the noa2 hard copy yet. How long should we wait to get in the mail? Thanks!

Hard copy can take 3-6 weeks before you have it.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So here's a question for all of us entering the NVC/Packet 3 phase (which shouldn't happen for like.. another month). Do they email you the packet 3 or physically mail it to you? Do I actually have to call NVC a bunch of times to get the number, then call the other number and then email in my packet 3 when they say it's been assigned/sent? Does it make it all that much faster?

I'm a bit worried about the packet 3 as, it seems, that sometimes people don't seem to even get them (ever) if they were mailed physically.

K1 Fiancée Visa

2016/02/02: I-129F Mailed Out.

2016/02/10: NOA1 Text Received.

2016/04/07: NOA2 Text Received.

2016/04/27: NVC Case# Received.

2016/05/17: Packet 4 Received. (Packet 3 was skipped)

2016/05/30: Medical in Vancouver.
2016/06/22: Interview in Montreal.

2016/06/28: Administrative Processing.

2016/06/29: Visa Issued.

2016/07/08: Visa in hand.

2016/07/09: POE in Calgary.

2016/08/16: Married!

AOS Process

2016/10/01: Sent in AOS Package.

2016/10/17: NOA Text Received.

2016/10/28: Biometrics Appointment Letter.

2016/11/08: Biometrics Appointment.

2016/12/16: Form I-131 (Travel) and EAD Approved.

2017/03/02: Form I-485 Approved.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

So here's a question for all of us entering the NVC/Packet 3 phase (which shouldn't happen for like.. another month). Do they email you the packet 3 or physically mail it to you? Do I actually have to call NVC a bunch of times to get the number, then call the other number and then email in my packet 3 when they say it's been assigned/sent? Does it make it all that much faster?

I'm a bit worried about the packet 3 as, it seems, that sometimes people don't seem to even get them (ever) if they were mailed physically.

That's where you have to go to the Canadian forum since this is different from country to country.

You don't have to call NVC to get the case number all it does is allow you to book your medical you can also wait to hear from the embassy and to it after that since you'll get the case number there also.

Here we get the package 3 via e-mail but as said it's different so see what other from Canada have done (January and December filers) :)

Don't know what other number you are talking about. I gave the number earlier and that's the number to get you case number if you want/need it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey guys, I've asked this before either in this thread or the March one, but I still can't find where people are finding out which cases are being approved or sent RFE's, etc.. Like when people say that cases around theirs were sent an RFE or something, where is this info??? I have looked around this site, the UCSIS site, and the app, and I just don't get it. What am I missing?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey guys, I've asked this before either in this thread or the March one, but I still can't find where people are finding out which cases are being approved or sent RFE's, etc.. Like when people say that cases around theirs were sent an RFE or something, where is this info??? I have looked around this site, the UCSIS site, and the app, and I just don't get it. What am I missing?

For VJ members here's the list:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?cfl=

Otherwise you can check on the app under the search option. I have mine set to a couple hundred before my case number because it shows 500 cases (on the iPhone app) and I can see what's happening right before and right after my case.

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : 2016-02-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2016-02-08 (Delivered by USPS)

I-129F NOA1 : 2016-02-11 (Received confirmation text)

I-129F NOA1 : 2016-02-16 (Received hardcopy confirmation)

I-129F NOA2: Approval: 2016-04-25

I-129F NOA2: Hardcopy: 2016-04-28

NVC Recieved: 2016-05-12

Case Number Assigned: 2016-05-13

Medical: 2016-06-14

Interview: 2016-06-16

Found out we were denied K1 2016-08-02

Researching places to get married and will be filing CR-1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.