Chris&Olivia

I-129F February 2016 Filers

3,803 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I know I never post haha, but I frequently check the forum! ^^

I just wanted to say congratulations to you Georgia! This is fantastic news!!! I wish the best for you and your loved one! :D

Congratulations Georgia. Fingers crossed will all will be getting ours soon

K1

2/12/16.....I-129F sent to lockbox Lewisville, TX

2/18/16.....NOA1 text & e-mail. Case sent to CSC

2/25/16.....Received NOA1 hard copy

3/22/16.....Vaccinations up to date (only needed one)

5/17/16.....NOA2 ( 91 days)

6/ 3/16.....NVC Recived

6/ 6/16.....Case Number Received

6/14/16.....Medical

7/ 7/16..... Interview Approved

9/14/16..... POE

9/22/16.....Wedding

12/26/16....Baby due date ( it's a girl )

AOS

9/30/16.....AOS sent to Chicago

10/3/16..... Delivered

10/18/16....NOA1 text x3

10/29/16.....Biometric letter for 11/9/16

11/08/16..... Successful walk-in for biometrics

12/**/16..... She arrived our baby girl was born

01/03/17.....EAD card in production 

01/03/17.....EAD/AP approved

06/26/17.....Interview- Approved

06/26/17.....AOS card in production

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Did you Canadians see this post:

Canada K-1's A MAJOR CHANGE!!!!!

"Starting April 1, 2016, the U.S. Consulate General in Vancouver will no longer process K-1 visas, also known as fiancé(e) visas. The U.S. Consulate General in Montreal will be the interviewing site for all K visas in Canada. This change will allow Mission Canada to more efficiently schedule and adjudicate K visa applications. .

The U.S. Consulate General in Montreal currently provides all immigrant visa services in Canada. The application process for K visas is the same as for an immigrant visa. While we recognize that having to travel to Montreal will be an inconvenience for applicants, processing all immigrant visas including the K fiancé(e) visas at the same post will help ensure transparency, consistency, and uniform customer service for all applicants."

https://travel.state...-in-canada.html

• rep_up.png

Ugh! No way! Montreal is so far away from me AND a lot more expensive.. I was really hoping for Vancouver.

K1 Fiancée Visa

2016/02/02: I-129F Mailed Out.

2016/02/10: NOA1 Text Received.

2016/04/07: NOA2 Text Received.

2016/04/27: NVC Case# Received.

2016/05/17: Packet 4 Received. (Packet 3 was skipped)

2016/05/30: Medical in Vancouver.
2016/06/22: Interview in Montreal.

2016/06/28: Administrative Processing.

2016/06/29: Visa Issued.

2016/07/08: Visa in hand.

2016/07/09: POE in Calgary.

2016/08/16: Married!

AOS Process

2016/10/01: Sent in AOS Package.

2016/10/17: NOA Text Received.

2016/10/28: Biometrics Appointment Letter.

2016/11/08: Biometrics Appointment.

2016/12/16: Form I-131 (Travel) and EAD Approved.

2017/03/02: Form I-485 Approved.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Yayy!! Congratulations!

Thank you, .. very excited no RFE.. I admit I was a little nervous .. Woooohhhhooooo :thumbs:

• Met .... 09/05/2013 :luv:

• Engaged .... 04/05/2014 (L)

02/01/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

02/02/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

02/08/16....NOA1 Text & E-mail. Case sent to CSC

02/12/16....NOA1 Hard copy received

03/25/16....NOA2 Approved :dancing:

03/30/16....NOA2 Hard copy received

04/19/16....NVC Case # received ..

04/25/16....NVC Ready at Consulate

06/30/16....Interview Scheduled (L)

06/30/16....K1 Visa Approved... :yes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

NOA2 APPROVED--- Good Friday for sure..... :luv::dancing: :joy:

Congrats!

02/01/2016- Mailed in K-1 petition to Dallas lockbox

02/05/2016- NOA1 text/email

02/13/2016- NOA1 hard copy received

04/07/2016- NOA2 (app./no text or email)

04/11/2016- NOA2 hard copy received

04/25/2016- NVC Recieved App

05/04/2016- Montreal Embassy Recieved App

05/31/2016- Medical

07/13/2016- Interview (Approved)

08/28/2016- Planned POE @Peace Bridge

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

So I think I screwed myself by asking for an expedite. I asked for a expedite due to a 4 month deployment I have in July and it took two weeks for the letter to come in from USCIS to tell me what they needed. I sent my orders and copy of my military ID immediately but it looks like it will not be approved since its been 6 working days since they received it. I thought my Lawyer would take care of it but I haven't heard from him since I sent him my letter of intent to marry back on the first week of January. Don't want to call because it gives him money. I think my case is probably sitting on a desk waiting for more info on the expedite instead of being processed like normal because I have the same NOA1 as our fantastic friend Georgia (and I mean that cause she's been very helpful). Congrats Georgia. Anyway congrats Georgia for your approval and I hope that this post may help someone in the future when struggling with the decision to hire a lawyer and for requesting an expedite. I called the military helpline today and although they are very very friendly, unfortunately our government is inept and they are unable to be helpful. Best of luck to all of you!!! I'm sure it'll get done before July but since I have a top secret clearance and am in a unit that deploys very rapidly, it's not very easy to travel to Brazil to see my Fiancé. And her tourist visa got denied hence the K1 visa. Sob story aside this process is very challenging and information is key so for future applicants PLEASE don't hire a Lawyer and PLEASE file for an expedite early in the process. Thanks everyone for all the info passed in this thread. You all are very helpful and it is nice knowing that there are others sharing in my frustration.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

NOA2 APPROVED--- Good Friday for sure..... :luv::dancing: :joy:

Awesome!!! Congratulations!!!

K1 Visa

02/11/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

02/17/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

02/19/16....Notice date

02/22/16....NOA1 E-mail. Case sent to CSC

03/02/16....NOA1 Hard copy recieved

04/28/16....NOA2 Approved (Notification received from USCIS App)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

So I think I screwed myself by asking for an expedite. I asked for a expedite due to a 4 month deployment I have in July and it took two weeks for the letter to come in from USCIS to tell me what they needed. I sent my orders and copy of my military ID immediately but it looks like it will not be approved since its been 6 working days since they received it. I thought my Lawyer would take care of it but I haven't heard from him since I sent him my letter of intent to marry back on the first week of January. Don't want to call because it gives him money. I think my case is probably sitting on a desk waiting for more info on the expedite instead of being processed like normal because I have the same NOA1 as our fantastic friend Georgia (and I mean that cause she's been very helpful). Congrats Georgia. Anyway congrats Georgia for your approval and I hope that this post may help someone in the future when struggling with the decision to hire a lawyer and for requesting an expedite. I called the military helpline today and although they are very very friendly, unfortunately our government is inept and they are unable to be helpful. Best of luck to all of you!!! I'm sure it'll get done before July but since I have a top secret clearance and am in a unit that deploys very rapidly, it's not very easy to travel to Brazil to see my Fiancé. And her tourist visa got denied hence the K1 visa. Sob story aside this process is very challenging and information is key so for future applicants PLEASE don't hire a Lawyer and PLEASE file for an expedite early in the process. Thanks everyone for all the info passed in this thread. You all are very helpful and it is nice knowing that there are others sharing in my frustration.

Hi Joshandjanaina, My fiancé is also on military service and I also got denied to get a tourist Visa tho we didn't hire a lawyer and didn't ask for an expedite because my fiancé is about to finish his service in the middle of our application.. We are just patiently waiting just like others. Sorry that the Military hotline was not able to help you.. I read that they are supposed to guide you when requesting for an expedite. Anyway, I hope you get yours on time!

K1 Visa

02/11/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

02/17/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

02/19/16....Notice date

02/22/16....NOA1 E-mail. Case sent to CSC

03/02/16....NOA1 Hard copy recieved

04/28/16....NOA2 Approved (Notification received from USCIS App)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm APPROVED!!!!! Just got the text from the app!!! SO happy!!!

:dancing: :joy: :dancing: :joy:

K-1 Application sent 2-16-16

Received at Dallas lockbox 2-18-16

NOA1, sent to California 2-23-16

NOA2 4-21-16

NVC shipped to Manila 5-12-16

Consulate received 5-16-16

US Embassy Interview -- APPROVED!!! 8-24-16 :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Thank you :) I do feel sorry for you, this has been seen in the January filers also and they are still waiting also TheaVinga from Sweden if you want to follow her and see how it goes. I do hope they hurry up so you don't have to wait to long, I really mean that!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.