MASH

February 2016 AOS Filers

2,760 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline

It makes me so happy his aunt came back from her vacation and my husband called her an let her know the situation

I bet $5 the mother in law is gonna give us hell for moving out but sadly it has to be done, I honestly gave it close to 6 months and she has yet to treat me like a daughter in law, she feels I came here to use her son, the first time I laughed cause for one I am Canadian which means I can go inside America without getting a travel visa and be here for 6 months no prob and left a $25 an HR paying job and my family

I honestly have no purpose of coming but to be with the love of my life that I have known for almost 8 years

Is that her only son?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Is that her only son?

She has another son that is 10 years older then my husband, my husband is her last born, I tried talking to her as well for 8 years saying I understand as I am a woman as well that will protect her children and I tried to assure her I will never hurt her son , the sec I came here I cooked and cleaned for my husband doing normal things that a good housewife does till I work but she thinks its all a stage, she told my brother in law this and he laughed and told me about it and saying how he defended me from her

The whole family loves me but her , the grandmother is even in shock by it telling her how can u be so cruel to her

It made me sad at first and I can't even tell my parents how hurt I am cause my mom would be so hurt and my dad would stress which is not good for his heart condition

I would type more but typing what I had is making me cry, I just wish she understand just cause I am not Christain and not of the same background I am a bad person :(

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

A quick "update" about my case...

As you guys know, 60 days after we sent our AOS my daughter's EAD and AP were approved, and later that day I found out (after calling USCIS) that my I765 was "misplaced" and had to re send it.

A few min ago I got a letter from USCIS Memphis office, it says:

"USCIS reviewed your case and it has been determined that the USCIS Tucson Field Office has jurisdiction of your I 485 application, you will receive a notification within 30 days of this notice, at this time no further action is required from you..."

I though my case was at NBC in Missouri. Does anyone know what is next? (Besides being more patient) :clock:

Any advice will be appreciated.

Timeline

She has another son that is 10 years older then my husband, my husband is her last born, I tried talking to her as well for 8 years saying I understand as I am a woman as well that will protect her children and I tried to assure her I will never hurt her son , the sec I came here I cooked and cleaned for my husband doing normal things that a good housewife does till I work but she thinks its all a stage, she told my brother in law this and he laughed and told me about it and saying how he defended me from her

The whole family loves me but her , the grandmother is even in shock by it telling her how can u be so cruel to her

It made me sad at first and I can't even tell my parents how hurt I am cause my mom would be so hurt and my dad would stress which is not good for his heart condition

I would type more but typing what I had is making me cry, I just wish she understand just cause I am not Christain and not of the same background I am a bad person :(

Mash: I am so happy your husband's aunt is going to help, and trust me, if that woman were a true Christian she would be doing the right thing, for you and for her own son. You are a beautiful person, you are smart, you are strong, this country is full of opportunities for you and your new family, please take care, things are already getting better!!

(F)

Anna

Timeline

Figures...she might just be scared of losing him(in the sense of you guys creating your own family and moving out some day) especially if he's been living with her all his life. I always try giving people the benefit out the doubt. It's never nice having a MOMster-in-law. But I think she will get jealous after you guys move out and probably beg you guys to come back

Timeline

As you guys know, 60 days after we sent our AOS my daughter's EAD and AP were approved, and later that day I found out (after calling USCIS) that my I765 was "misplaced" and had to re send it.

"USCIS reviewed your case and it has been determined that the USCIS Tucson Field Office has jurisdiction of your I 485 application, you will receive a notification within 30 days of this notice, at this time no further action is required from you..."

I though my case was at NBC in Missouri. Does anyone know what is next? (Besides being more patient) :clock:

I too thought all the cases are at NBC prior to the interview. I'll never understand their methods

Timeline

EDIT

Not sure if I told you guys my AP was approved on April 22nd, no letter confirmation about that yet, this is the status:

On April 22, 2016, we approved your Form I-131, Application For USCIS Travel Document, Receipt Number MSC16XXXXXXXX. We will mail your approval notice.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

well we are the same boat now. Hopefully we will get another letter for EAD.Update me if you have any news. Good luck!

So nothing for EAD in the mail today. Hopefully we'll receive combo cards as the AP/EAD are normally approved together...or so I hope!

Arrived on P1 Visa - 2012

Married USC - 1/20/16

Filed I-485/130/131/765 - 2/16/16

NOA1 - 2/19/16

Biometrics Appt - 3/17/16 (Successful Walk-in 3/7/16)

RFE - 3/18/16

Service request for EAD due to job offer - 4/28/16

AP - Approval notice 4/28/16

6/20 - EAD/AP card received (finally)

8/15 - interview scheduled for 9/23

8/22 - interview canceled

11/2 - interview rescheduled for 12/7

11/14 - interview canceled (AGAIN!!!!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

my I-797 for the EAD says National Benefits Center in Lee's Summit, Missouri

Mine is also in missouri?? havent heard anything about my GC yet...filed early feb my status is still fingerprint fee received..so its almost 3 months after filing and almost 2 months after bio

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Sadly I loss the baby and regarding the mother in law I tried many times to have a heart to heart talk but she don't care , she even called this morning while I was on bed rest which my doctor said I need to be she started to yell n srgue to clean the dishes and feed her mother cause she won't be home till late at night n to clean the house, I told her I ain't well n she called me names that I called my husband n he said he booked the info pass for us and he said he will be coming home early from work to help me

My husband is on the verge on getting a huge loan to pay for our own place till I work , he hates how I am bein treated an he begs me not to go back to Canada

OMG !!! I'm really sorry to hear that. Losing a baby is tough . I will visit u in my prayers.

Since ur mom in-laws is really heartless getting the loan and moving out is the best thing u can do. Stying there with this kind of vibe will also effect ur r/ship with ur husband. Coz let me tell u girl when ever I ain't happy the way I live or w.e going on around he will b the one that I shout at coz since we can't say while we are living in their house. So I really feel ur pain. Just stay focused n keep praying. And get plenty of rest. Coz not just ur mind ur body is also going thru alot. If there is anything I can do to help u I will send u my number in private msg

Edited by Heley

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

What you say is 100% correct

I have an update on my situation

My husband spoke to his caring aunt and said we can stay with her till we find a place rent free which honestly put me in tears for joy, so the sec I move I am moving all my contact for USCIS there so she won't take my mail

His aunt is such a warm hearted person that treats me like a daughter she never had as I met her many times even though I saw the mother in law more,

so happy for u. Good luck with every thing mash. And hey keep positive and head up.

So nothing for EAD in the mail today. Hopefully we'll receive combo cards as the AP/EAD are normally approved together...or so I hope!

I just received my 797 last april 30th for my EAD/AP Approval notice and still waiting for the actual card... Really hard being patient ugh.

Anybody else here got approved EAD/AP on April 26th (online) and got anything from the mail?

AOS from B1/B2 Visa

2/18/2016 - Got married

2/25/2016 - (3:40pm) sent package to USCIS via express delivery Fedex

2/26/2016 - (10am) Package delivered

3/06/2016 - (8:31pm) Case received notification via text and email

3/11/2016 - got I-797 receipt notice in mail

3/19/2016 - got I-797 Biometrics appointment at USCIS Oxnard for 3/29/2016 11:00am

3/29/2016 - Biometrics appointment

4/18/2016 - Called USCIS to expedite my EAD due to job offer

4/21/2016 - Got an email from USCIS for the job offer letter and faxed them the same day

4/26/2016 - 'New card being produced' / 'Case was Approved'

4/30/2016 - Approval notice for EAD and AP in mail

5/09/2016 - Got Combo card in mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I just received my 797 last april 30th for my EAD/AP Approval notice and still waiting for the actual card... Really hard being patient ugh.

Anybody else here got approved EAD/AP on April 26th (online) and got anything from the mail?

Mine was approved on the 21..got the notification (797) on the 26th, and the card on the 28th.. But nothing other than that, no interview, no updates... ?

K1 Visa:

April 8, 2014 : Got engaged! :luv:
K1 Visa:

October 31, 2014 : I-129f mailed to Dallas Lockbox

November 4, 2014 : NOA1 in text/email (TSC)

November 14, 2014 : NOA1 hardcopy received

April 6, 2015 : NOA2!!!!!! :dancing::luv: (Approved date was 4th of April; 5 months from NOA1)

April 10, 2015 : Sent to NVC

April 14, 2015 : NOA2 hardcopy received

April 23, 2015 : Called NVC and got case #JAK

April 25, 2015 : CEAC status 'In Transit'

May 5, 2015 : - NVC Letter received

- CEAC status 'Ready'

May 11, 2015 : Packet 3 received

May 20, 2015 : Medical

May 29, 2015 : Packet 3 sent

June 18, 2015 : Interview! (Visa Approved!! ) ~ No RFE

July 4, 2015 : POE Chicago, IL

(L) September 25, 2015 : Wedding Day (L)

AOS:

Feb 21, 2016 : Applications sent (I-485 and I-765)

March 6, 2016 : Text notification received, Online status updated Case was received on Feb 25, 2016

March 10, 2016 : NOA1 in mail

March 18, 2016 : Biometric Appointment letters received in mail

March 31, 2016 : Biometrics done!

April 21, 2016 : EAD Approved (online status)

April 26, 2016 : EAD Approval letter received in mail

April 28, 2016 : EAD Card received in mail

May 5, 2016 : Applied for SSN

May 9, 2016 : AOS approved! (74 days from NOA1) ~ No RFE, No Interview

May 12, 2016 : status changed to GC was mailed!

May 14, 2016 : Green card received in mail

D9n0p7.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Really hoping my husband will receive his AP/EAD soon.

NOA - feb 16

Biometrics - 03 18

RFE - 03-17 (but received in mail approx a week later)

Uscis Rcvd RFE (translated birth certificate) 03/31

I know it "resets the clock" on EAD/AP processing from 03/31 the date they received the "initial evidence"

But I have also seen a few people with RFIes and they received their interim benefits without delay.

Hoping it won't be too much longer but my guess is worst case scenario end of June? :(

I'm growing desperate to travel. We have a 3 month old that we really would like to take to meet my nana who can't travel due to her age and health :(

Please send me your positive thoughts and energy guys. I'm starting to lose hope :( what a long and exhausting process especially with a new baby.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.